Reason High Resolution Graphics: Join the Testing Team!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Noise
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2021

EnochLight wrote:
16 Apr 2021
To everyone: don't care if you signed an NDA or not. Please keep all beta information, screen shots, and discussions in the RS beta forum that you are granted access to. Thanks.
Just to be clear, the screenshot I've posted (now removed from the board) was from the YouTube Video, shared my ReasonStudios today.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

plaamook wrote:
16 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
16 Apr 2021

going from memory here, so take it with a grain of salt...I want to say they’ve said Reason’s UI will run off the GPU, if you have one. I could be mistaken, but I don’t think that’s currently the case.

as for how that will impact performance, it’s hard to say. I tried going back to using Digital Performer last year, and it actually ran worse (both audio and graphics) for me when it was rendering using the graphics card. I hope that won’t be the case with Reason, but I’ll have to wait and see.
Yeah that’s a scary prospect.
The hi res issue has never bothered me so it would be a kind of deal breaker at this point if it proves to be a performance drain. Don’t have the money for a new rig just to run mandatory new hi res in order to access other potential features.
Snap.

joeyluck

16 Apr 2021

Beta testers have a beta testing forum, please use that for your questions and troubleshooting installation, etc. :)

killhamster

16 Apr 2021

Screenshot 2021-04-16 160250.png
Screenshot 2021-04-16 160250.png (21.68 KiB) Viewed 4433 times

integerpoet

16 Apr 2021

killhamster wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Screenshot 2021-04-16 160250.png
So you're saying we have our work cut out for us and we'd better get cracking?

OverneathTheSkyBridg

16 Apr 2021

KVR and Reddit have a more detailed account of what to expect from this beta, if anyone's interested.

Catblack

16 Apr 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Beta testers have a beta testing forum, please use that for your questions and troubleshooting installation, etc. :)
Actually I can't get to the beta download page OR post to the reasonstudios beta forum for some reason.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

rexbrewer

17 Apr 2021

Catblack wrote:
16 Apr 2021
joeyluck wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Actually I can't get to the beta download page OR post to the reasonstudios beta forum for some reason.
You're not the only one. I am having the same issue and was invited to the beta this morning. I have the online license but no option to download and the forum is blank for me. Also when I follow the links to download Reason and start here, its gives me the 404 message.

vertibration

17 Apr 2021

rexbrewer wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Catblack wrote:
16 Apr 2021

You're not the only one. I am having the same issue and was invited to the beta this morning. I have the online license but no option to download and the forum is blank for me. Also when I follow the links to download Reason and start here, its gives me the 404 message.
but we are supposed to post in a beta forum, that we were invited to, but have no access to....Makes so much sense smh

DaveyG

17 Apr 2021

The new version popped up in my Beta list a couple of hours after I posted in this thread. All good.
The downloads have never been on the normal products page in "my accounts". You have to follow the link to the beta testing subsite that you were sent when you first registered. If you have not got that email then you are not in the beta programme yet. Back when it was first announced there was quite a delay in getting "approved" Not sure if that is still the case now.

plaamook

17 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021
plaamook wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Yeah that’s a scary prospect.
The hi res issue has never bothered me so it would be a kind of deal breaker at this point if it proves to be a performance drain. Don’t have the money for a new rig just to run mandatory new hi res in order to access other potential features.
Snap.
Now that I'm more awake and in front of my comp I've had a little look around and it seems like Reason thus far has been using the CPU to process graphics, hence all the scrolling lag. If it off loads all the graphics to the GPU it should smooth things out and optimise the lot. Plus the load on the GPU should be nominal. So...whew...
Or not just whew but Cool! Reason might scroll properly after all this. Imagine that?!!! Couldn't give a chorizo about the hi res shenanigans but scrolling is a nightmare. I can make the CPU meter jump up a bar just by scrolling on heavy projects.

I'm sure I've read all this somewhere before now but can't hurt to chuck it in on this thread I guess.
Anyway, I like a good pointless post as you're all aware.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

R303

17 Apr 2021

As I read it on YouTube, it will only be part of R12. You can test the beta at R11.

vertibration

17 Apr 2021

Looks like I got everything sorted out.

sdst
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2021

i'm not beta Testing, I know nothing

but in case the REs are not in high quality, they should let users do it

I would do the ones I use most

KGB

17 Apr 2021

jam-s wrote:
16 Apr 2021
ryanharlin wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Just to set some expectations here, guys... today's video isn't announcing Reason 12. It's just talking about high resolution graphics and opening up a public testing effort for that. You'll see when you see the video. :)
So the HD update will be coming as Reason 11.5 then? This would fit into the previous series of .5 updates that introduced larger rewrites.
All roads lead to 11.5 being a free HD update and version 12 being release at the end of the year..maybe fall near the holiday season. It would be nice if they would confirm the HD update will be 11.5 so I can upgrade from 10 now.

R303

17 Apr 2021

KGB wrote:
17 Apr 2021
jam-s wrote:
16 Apr 2021

So the HD update will be coming as Reason 11.5 then? This would fit into the previous series of .5 updates that introduced larger rewrites.
All roads lead to 11.5 being a free HD update and version 12 being release at the end of the year..maybe fall near the holiday season. It would be nice if they would confirm the HD update will be 11.5 so I can upgrade from 10 now.
No.

high-res.PNG
high-res.PNG (11.84 KiB) Viewed 3880 times

Creativemind

17 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Let's take some time to appreciate this beauty.
Don't know the name of the designer(s) involved, but congratulations to the team!

Captura de ecrã 2021-04-16 165841.jpg

* Screenshot taken from the YouTube video release.
Yeah looks pretty tasty if I do say so myself. Better than a McTasty lol!

What I (and many others want to know though) is, is this gonna come with scalability? ;-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

KGB

17 Apr 2021

R303 wrote:
17 Apr 2021
KGB wrote:
17 Apr 2021

No.

high-res.PNG
Thanks that's good to know.. :thumbup:

fieldframe
RE Developer

17 Apr 2021

So strange. I wonder why they’re running a separate beta for this on the 11 branch instead of waiting to launch a normal beta of 12. RS has never done anything like this as far as I know.

Billy+

17 Apr 2021

I guess that's put an end to any speculation about it being included in a minor update anytime soon.
R303 wrote:
17 Apr 2021
IMG_2669.PNG
IMG_2669.PNG (11.84 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
So the next release is looking more and more like a major leaving V11.3.9 as the final version of 11.

I guess that's answered my constant questions about getting vst midi support as a free minor update anytime soon........⚽️🏐⚾️🎱🏉🏈

Now if only we could have a reasonable idea about the actual release date for V12 and if OSX El Capitan will still be supported.....

chimp_spanner

17 Apr 2021

plaamook wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Snap.
Now that I'm more awake and in front of my comp I've had a little look around and it seems like Reason thus far has been using the CPU to process graphics, hence all the scrolling lag. If it off loads all the graphics to the GPU it should smooth things out and optimise the lot. Plus the load on the GPU should be nominal. So...whew...
Or not just whew but Cool! Reason might scroll properly after all this. Imagine that?!!! Couldn't give a chorizo about the hi res shenanigans but scrolling is a nightmare. I can make the CPU meter jump up a bar just by scrolling on heavy projects.

I'm sure I've read all this somewhere before now but can't hurt to chuck it in on this thread I guess.
Anyway, I like a good pointless post as you're all aware.
I would hope this also translate to VSTs having smoother UI animation also. Serum is really laggy for me. Drumcomputer is almost unusable. In other DAWs it's like silky smooth. Vital is 60fps outside of Reason! Doesn't affect the sound (or afaik, the performance) but it makes the experience of using those instruments kind of jerky/clunky.

Billy+

17 Apr 2021

Dogcat wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Apr 2021

I'm still at a loss as to what hi res / dpi will really bring to the table, I know it will visually improve the rack but I'm just not sure that it would actually have much if any impact on usability.
It makes no sense to me either.
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm still waiting for vst midi to be implemented and without it I'm really not seeing any reason to upgrade again, and in fact I've not been buying anything from the shop as I don't see the point in any investment as much as I would like to buy Algorithm I've been holding off until I know more about what's going to happen with actual features.

guitfnky

17 Apr 2021

it seems like the Reason community (here and elsewhere) might do well to not try to read so much into the current state of the beta. someone on Reddit posted about how obvious it was that they've barely done anything since they put out that grab bag thing with a couple of teaser screenshots last year, and the fact that the only feature we know about from the beta is the high resolution thing. then they suggested the high res part is the only major thing that's coming to Reason, and that it should be an 11.x point release.

it's safe to assume the beta doesn't include much, if any of the actual Reason 12 feature set--they're only testing the high res stuff works for a variety of users at this point.

there will undoubtedly be a full beta (no idea whether it'll be an open beta), where testers will see most everything they plan to put out. it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that there will be some level of scalability in the final release...actually, the opposite is true--I'd be surprised if it was at a single fixed scale (or two fixed scales; one for standard, and one for high-res).

a UI update like this isn't a small thing--it touches just about everything in the DAW. it makes sense that they're breaking the testing up into different phases.

the sky isn't falling, people. at least not until we actually know what's going to be in the full release. :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Creativemind

17 Apr 2021

I have been quoted according to my notifications by Dogcat but when I click it, nothing to be seen. Has it been removed?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

zoidkirb

17 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
17 Apr 2021
I have been quoted according to my notifications by Dogcat but when I click it, nothing to be seen. Has it been removed?
Looks like quite a few posts were deleted. Maybe some server issues or something as none of it was controversial.

• Information