Is anyone entering the tobtok remix challenge? My work in progress

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Ahornberg

31 Mar 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
31 Mar 2021
Ahhh bollocks... I imagine that won't work with private SoundCloud uploads....
:thumbup:

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2021

Well done, Popey and sdst. I like your remixes.

Here is my attempt:

killhamster

07 Apr 2021

I'm throwing in my hat as well, after fumbling with some ideas that were dead ends. I ended up throwing out most of what I'd been trying to do for a week, rebuilding from the ground up with some drumloops, and the rest suddenly fell into place. The stems were kind of janky and I ended up doing a lot of weird processing to get some new sounds out of them, along with some additional production, but I'm pretty happy with the result:

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2021

rare_shadow wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2021
Well done, Popey and sdst. I like your remixes.

Here is my attempt:
Cool track πŸ‘ make sure you put the hashtag thing on your song so rs can find it

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2021

killhamster wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2021
I'm throwing in my hat as well, after fumbling with some ideas that were dead ends. I ended up throwing out most of what I'd been trying to do for a week, rebuilding from the ground up with some drumloops, and the rest suddenly fell into place. The stems were kind of janky and I ended up doing a lot of weird processing to get some new sounds out of them, along with some additional production, but I'm pretty happy with the result:

Liking this tooπŸ‘ make sure you put the hashtag thing on your song so rs can find it

OddtechAudio

10 Apr 2021

Hope you don't mind me sharing my attempt: #TobtokRemixContest

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2021

OddtechAudio wrote: ↑
10 Apr 2021

That's really cool πŸ‘

PhillipOrdonez

10 Apr 2021

Alright... I may or may not make it public later, but here is my taker on it. It was doifficult to make the stems fit within my style but I reckon I did a decent enough job, innit? :)

killhamster

10 Apr 2021

10 Apr 2021
Alright... I may or may not make it public later, but here is my taker on it. It was doifficult to make the stems fit within my style but I reckon I did a decent enough job, innit? :)

Really digging this one. I especially like what you've done with the bassline and the treatment you gave the piano :thumbup:

PhillipOrdonez

11 Apr 2021

killhamster wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2021

Nice work there too, killhamster πŸ‘

PhillipOrdonez

11 Apr 2021

OddtechAudio wrote: ↑
10 Apr 2021

The drums are good here.

I like how you changed the groove of the stems.

doctecazoid

12 Apr 2021

My entry, for what it's worth...

I took my cue from revisiting many Orb remix projects, paying attention to the various production techniques they employ. That, and also paying attention to how remix artists are able to take an existing song and rework the chord progressions relative to the vocals of a song, taking it in an entirely new and different direction.

Billy+

13 Apr 2021

Well it's got to be getting closer to the cut off time?

There's plenty of competition in this one - good luck all that have posted

Checkout the current entries and check your in the list

PhillipOrdonez

13 Apr 2021

Haha mine is not there. I made it public. πŸ˜‚

killhamster

13 Apr 2021

doctecazoid wrote: ↑
12 Apr 2021

I took my cue from revisiting many Orb remix projects, paying attention to the various production techniques they employ. That, and also paying attention to how remix artists are able to take an existing song and rework the chord progressions relative to the vocals of a song, taking it in an entirely new and different direction.
This is sick as hell and there's no way i can beat it :o

Quarmat
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2021

Hello, here's my entry for the contest. The vocals stem was so effected it was hard to fit it into my style, but here we go.

Have a nice day!

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2021

Quarmat wrote: ↑
14 Apr 2021
Hello, here's my entry for the contest. The vocals stem was so effected it was hard to fit it into my style, but here we go.

Have a nice day!

I always enjoy your 80ish style and your professional sound very much. Great work.

wowhow
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2021

Hi everyone. Thank you for this forum.
This is my entry. I tried making an edm song.

PhillipOrdonez

15 Apr 2021

Quarmat wrote: ↑
14 Apr 2021

Have a nice day!

Well done

Quarmat
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2021

12 Apr 2021

Wow this is so different! Great sounds! It flies me back to the 90s! Beautiful!
rare_shadow wrote: ↑
15 Apr 2021
I always enjoy your 80ish style and your professional sound very much. Great work.
Thank you so much! I loved your remix as well, super powerful!
15 Apr 2021

Well done
Hey thanks!

doctecazoid

15 Apr 2021

Everyone's entries here are great, kudos to all! It wouldn't surprise me if someone in this topic chain takes the prize. Deadline is April 16, so you have tonight and tomorrow to get in last minute entries.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2021

15 Apr 2021
Everyone's entries here are great, kudos to all! It wouldn't surprise me if someone in this topic chain takes the prize. Deadline is April 16, so you have tonight and tomorrow to get in last minute entries.
I would agree there are some fantastic remixes on here and soundcloud.

One of the hidden benefits of entering this comp and the Algoritm one is actually listening to other peoples submissions. So many talented people writing music in genre's I normally wouldnt listen to certainly opened my eyes to different things and new ideas.

• Information