Bouncing in place with a delay effect

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jagwah

13 Apr 2021

I'm bouncing down a really big track for someone else to mix and it's a huge job let alone the confusion that arises with parallel channel and mix busses.

Another issue I have is bouncing in place a track that has any kind of delay effect with a delay tail. Normally I just highlight the midi clips and 'Bounce in place' but if there is any kind of delay effect tail it will be cut off where the midi clip ends.

It's a really neat feature but maybe it is more for when working on a track instead of bouncing out everything for a mix.

I'm beginning to think I should have just soloed and exported each channel instead?

Has anyone else had issues with this and have any thoughts? Also about bouncing in place with parallel and mix bus channels and send effects - ugh!

Cheers!

Ottostrom

13 Apr 2021

Sounds like what you're looking for is the Bounce mixer channels which can be found in the File drop down menu!
There you can select every mix channel you wanna bounce into individual audio stems and do it all in one go.

Billy+

13 Apr 2021

If your after making full track length stems use the above suggestion.

If you just want to bounce in place, add a bar or two on the end of your midi to catch the tails....

deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2021

You may have to consider just naming your tracks in an intuitive way - especially considering someone will just get a bunch wave files in a zip file and drag them into their own DAW.

One way to assist is:
Parallel Channels should start with the same name. Eg. Drum, Drum P1.
Any channel that is sent to a bus should start with the name of the bus, e.g Drum Bus Snare.

This way, using any file manager, sorting the wave files by name automatically gives you an indication of which tracks go with what, and which tracks are duplicated into/as a bus.

As for bouncing a clip to Audio track, you need to extend the length of clip (or draw in an empty clip), to have the whole extent of the delay bounced to track.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Jagwah

13 Apr 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Sounds like what you're looking for is the Bounce mixer channels which can be found in the File drop down menu!
There you can select every mix channel you wanna bounce into individual audio stems and do it all in one go.
Attachments
are-you-wizard.jpg
are-you-wizard.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Last edited by Jagwah on 13 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Jagwah

13 Apr 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Apr 2021
If your after making full track length stems use the above suggestion.

If you just want to bounce in place, add a bar or two on the end of your midi to catch the tails....
deeplink wrote:
13 Apr 2021
You may have to consider just naming your tracks in an intuitive way - especially considering someone will just get a bunch wave files in a zip file and drag them into their own DAW.

One way to assist is:
Parallel Channels should start with the same name. Eg. Drum, Drum P1.
Any channel that is sent to a bus should start with the name of the bus, e.g Drum Bus Snare.

This way, using any file manager, sorting the wave files by name automatically gives you an indication of which tracks go with what, and which tracks are duplicated into/as a bus.

As for bouncing a clip to Audio track, you need to extend the length of clip (or draw in an empty clip), to have the whole extent of the delay bounced to track.
Thanks Otto and thanks guys, Bounce mixer channels sounds like a great feature and will save me many headaches though I am yet to try it I will shortly.

Yeah @Billy adding a bit of length to the clip should work too I'll remember that in future.

@Deeplink Luckily the dude (mixer) in question is using Reason so it makes things a lot easier, however this task showed me how much work it can be preparing a big track for a mixdown, and yeah I imagine naming everything would be quite important, cheers!

• Information