Maia v2 (paid update)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Gardinski

12 Apr 2021

It looks like there has just been a major update to PinkNoise's 'Maia'. It's showing as a paid upgrade for existing owners of version 1, (priced at 19GBP for me as a UK customer).

The new version features (among other things) 62 new oscillators and a heavily re-jigged step sequencer.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Here's the blurb regarding the various other new features.
What's new in V2
Version 2.3

• 62 new oscillators (now 150 in total)
• Updated and enlarged Factory Bank
• Release Trigger option for Synth B
• Comment fields
• Tiny bug fixes and lots of small improvements
• Discrete glissando
• CV3 and CV4 input added
• Unison
• Completely redesigned Step Sequencer with advanced options:
• Independent rates
• Customisable random generator
• Editing tools
• FX modulation matrix with LFOs
• Redesigned Modulation Matrix
• Microtuning options
(My apologies if this has already been mentioned on here, but I had a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything.)

ravasb

13 Apr 2021

It would be nice if version one owners could trial version two.

Creativemind

13 Apr 2021

ravasb wrote:
13 Apr 2021
:thumbs_up:

So how does glissando differ from portemento, is that just the same but a different term?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

13 Apr 2021

ravasb wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Hi,

Good idea, I think the same. I already asked RS to reset the trial on Maia, and today I got a mail that it's done: "all customers who already took a trial should be able to take a new one."

Unfortunately I can't check it, because I've already got a beta license on my account, which I can't delete... can you check it and report if it works or not?

Thanks!
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

13 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
13 Apr 2021

So how does glissando differ from portemento, is that just the same but a different term?
I used the term "glissando" in connection with pitch-bend, because PB generates continuous glissando. By definition, "glissando is a glide from one pitch to another."

You can read a detailed explanation in the Maia user guide (page 10): https://www.reasonbanks.com/Docs/Maia_O ... al_2.3.pdf
Andras
----------------

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2021

AndrasHaasz wrote:
13 Apr 2021
ravasb wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Hi,

Good idea, I think the same. I already asked RS to reset the trial on Maia, and today I got a mail that it's done: "all customers who already took a trial should be able to take a new one."

Unfortunately I can't check it, because I've already got a beta license on my account, which I can't delete... can you check it and report if it works or not?

Thanks!
No option for owners to trial. Only to update.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

13 Apr 2021

ravasb wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Exactly what I was thinking. I like Maia (and Luna even more so), and the upgrade price isn't especially steep, but I'd be far more inclined to upgrade if I could give the new version a test drive first.

Gardinski

13 Apr 2021

AndrasHaasz wrote:
13 Apr 2021

Thanks!
Thanks Andras. That's very kind of you. I've just checked, and unfortunately it's still just showing the 'paid update' option, (no trial), but I'll check again later this evening.

All the best,
Gardinski.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

13 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2021

That's a shame, and I am sorry for that, but this is out of my control.

I just received a message from RS, they're sorry as well, but can't fix it now... although they will try to find a solution in the future.

Finally a good news: MrFigg, you don't need it, enjoy your free v2 license! :)
Andras
----------------

rgdaniel

13 Apr 2021

I love Maia, one of my "go to" synths, but with the upgrade priced ($82 CAD) at more than double what I paid ($39 CAD) for the original (on sale, mind you, as I recall) I'm afraid I'll just be continuing to enjoy v1 for now. But I do love Maia, so if the upgrade goes on deep discount, I'm all over it!

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2021

Gardinski wrote:
13 Apr 2021
AndrasHaasz wrote:
13 Apr 2021

Thanks!
Thanks Andras. That's very kind of you. I've just checked, and unfortunately it's still just showing the 'paid update' option, (no trial), but I'll check again later this evening.

All the best,
Gardinski.
I'm not a Maia owner. I trialed it a long time ago, and it looks like the trial option is back.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

ravasb

13 Apr 2021

ravasb wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Oh ,well. That is a shame. I own a ton of their stuff, but I don't buy anything without trialing, especially since my hard drive space is limited and Reason does not allow you to move anything to another drive without a lot of workarounds.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

13 Apr 2021

rgdaniel wrote:
13 Apr 2021
I love Maia, one of my "go to" synths, but with the upgrade priced ($82 CAD) at more than double what I paid ($39 CAD) for the original (on sale, mind you, as I recall) I'm afraid I'll just be continuing to enjoy v1 for now. But I do love Maia, so if the upgrade goes on deep discount, I'm all over it!
Hi,

I'm glad you like Maia v1... but I think you overlooked the upgrade price, it's 26 CAD, not 82.
Andras
----------------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2021

AndrasHaasz wrote:
13 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2021

That's a shame, and I am sorry for that, but this is out of my control.

I just received a message from RS, they're sorry as well, but can't fix it now... although they will try to find a solution in the future.

Finally a good news: MrFigg, you don't need it, enjoy your free v2 license! :)
Hahahaha. Awesome. Thanks Andras. You’re the best :):):). Was a long time ago we spoke last. I’ll mail you one of these coming days. :)! Thankyou again. Appreciate it. :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

13 Apr 2021

hurricane wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Gardinski wrote:
13 Apr 2021

All the best,
Gardinski.
I'm not a Maia owner. I trialed it a long time ago, and it looks like the trial option is back.

That's weird. As an owner, it's still not showing a trial option. Just 'update', 'subscribe' & 'rent to own'. Clicking 'update' adds it to the cart at £19.

My guess would be that RS have inadvertently reset the trial for non-owners, but not for owners.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

13 Apr 2021

Gardinski wrote:
13 Apr 2021

That's weird. As an owner, it's still not showing a trial option. Just 'update', 'subscribe' & 'rent to own'. Clicking 'update' adds it to the cart at £19.

My guess would be that RS have inadvertently reset the trial for non-owners, but not for owners.
Yes, as I mentioned above, v1 users can't try, only those who are not v1 owner. It's probably a bug in the shop, and RS can't fix it now. I am sorry :-(
Andras
----------------

rgdaniel

13 Apr 2021

AndrasHaasz wrote:
13 Apr 2021
rgdaniel wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Hi,

I'm glad you like Maia v1... but I think you overlooked the upgrade price, it's 26 CAD, not 82.
Ha! Right you are! My bad, I was not logged in... So ya, SOLD!

Loque

16 Apr 2021

Here is a little pad/texture patch i just made for playing around
Attachments
PAD - The Big Picture - LQ.zip
(22.7 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Reason12, Win10

plaingraywall

19 Apr 2021

Gardinski wrote:
12 Apr 2021
It looks like there has just been a major update to PinkNoise's 'Maia'. It's showing as a paid upgrade for existing owners of version 1, (priced at 19GBP for me as a UK customer).

The new version features (among other things) 62 new oscillators and a heavily re-jigged step sequencer.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Here's the blurb regarding the various other new features.
What's new in V2
Version 2.3

• 62 new oscillators (now 150 in total)
• Updated and enlarged Factory Bank
• Release Trigger option for Synth B
• Comment fields
• Tiny bug fixes and lots of small improvements
• Discrete glissando
• CV3 and CV4 input added
• Unison
• Completely redesigned Step Sequencer with advanced options:
• Independent rates
• Customisable random generator
• Editing tools
• FX modulation matrix with LFOs
• Redesigned Modulation Matrix
• Microtuning options
(My apologies if this has already been mentioned on here, but I had a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything.)
One of the best REs just got even better!

joel

20 Apr 2021

it seems there is a new update 2.3.1
and it ask me to pay again 21€
the problem is that i already paid 21€ for the version, 2.3
so it's must be a mistake
normally it's a free update

Loque

20 Apr 2021

joel wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Probably a mistake or a bug.
AndrasHaasz wrote: ???
Reason12, Win10

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

20 Apr 2021

joel wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Yes, it's probably a bug, I already reported this problem to the RS dev. support this morning.

FYI, what's new in 2.3.1 : if you choose the “RND between F1-F2” item in the Osc table tool menu (see the picture) while Field1 or Field2 is empty, it crashes Maia (comparing with nil error).

2.3.1 fixes this problem. That's all. You can live without this fix, nevertheless RS should fix this update issue asap.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 15.27.50.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 15.27.50.png (76.44 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
Andras
----------------

geronimo

20 Apr 2021

joel wrote:
20 Apr 2021
:-? Me too !

moneykube

21 Apr 2021

still not fixed... patience grasshopper, patience
:D
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.33.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.33.34 AM.png (217.21 KiB) Viewed 3411 times
perhaps anger at the refill pullout???
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

22 Apr 2021

grasshopper tired of chirping... why won't RS fix this mistake?... new point update is still not free after paying for the last update
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information