Until April 11, upgrade A-list Guitarist to UJAM Virtual Guitarist ($19 per or $159 for the bundle including Carbon)

Discuss VST stuff here!
jakecento

05 Apr 2021

Greetings fellow Reason users,
I feel obligated to mention that this is my first post, I have been reading on these forums for about a year, and I am a hobbyist user.
To the point- a promotion regarding the Ujam Virtual Guitarist series was emailed to me last week and has me considering upgrading. Now- I truly do not want to contribute to anybody's GAS- but I was curious to hear other reason user's input if they have any. I am an owner of the A-List Guitarist Bundle, which I believe is a per-requisite for this deal- or at least one A-List Guitarist product.

In the email- it says 'to enjoy future updates like Instrument mode, MIDI drag and drop... etc.. we recommend to make the switch!'
RT-attach001.png
RT-attach001.png (136.31 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
I am interested in hearing the community's feedback especially from any A-List Guitarist owners if you think it would be worth a while upgrade. I personally am most intrigued by the instrument mode (you can demo this mode via Ujam's instruments that have this feature) which just allows you to play the notes freely without any preset strum/picking patterns.

What concerns me is that these features are not yet implemented in the respective Ujam Virtual Guitarist instruments (silk, iron.. etc). The e-mail simply says 'future updates'. I do not know how long until these updates will be available and is it a safe assumption that upgrading to the Ujam Virtual Guitarist now will include these updates without any additional costs when available? That is what the email seemed to imply.

Deal expires 4/11
Again- this deal is ONLY for A-List guitarist owners and the deal is in a voucher that was sent out via e-mail

Any A-List Guitarist users out there that would consider this? Or are you happy with your current guitar plugins? I appreciate any feedback and apologize if I am breaking any etiquette. I have already found this community to be a helpful resource and do not wish to detract. Thank you!
Reason 11 Suite // Native Instruments Komplete 13
TASCAM Model 12 // Alesis Elevate 4
Windows 10 Home 64x // i7-8750H // 16GB RAM

joeyluck

05 Apr 2021

Aside from future features, give them a try in their current state. They offer trials of the Virtual Guitarist plugins.

jam-s

06 Apr 2021

So how much are they asking for this "upgrade" offer?

joeyluck

06 Apr 2021

jam-s wrote:
06 Apr 2021
So how much are they asking for this "upgrade" offer?
I just updated the title and made the post a global announcement so people eligible have a greater chance of seeing it. I believe those who are not subscribed to the email newsletters wouldn't have received the offer, but is still available to them.

It is $19 per or $159 for the bundle of five, including Carbon which is not available as a RE.

jam-s

06 Apr 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Apr 2021
It is $19 per or $159 for the bundle of five, including Carbon which is not available as a RE.
That's some strange pricing with the bundle being $64 more expensive than upgrading the 5 individually for 5*$19=$95.

Despondo
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2021

jam-s wrote:
06 Apr 2021
That's some strange pricing with the bundle being $64 more expensive than upgrading the 5 individually for 5*$19=$95.
You cannot upgrade Carbon for $19, as it never existed as an RE. It would be full price, so the bundle is a better deal.

sonicbyte

06 Apr 2021

Just hearing demos, it doesn't seems to sound any better than alist , right?

jakecento

06 Apr 2021

sonicbyte wrote:
06 Apr 2021
Just hearing demos, it doesn't seems to sound any better than alist , right?
I downloaded the trial for IRON which corresponds with A-List Power Chords and have been comparing them. I am still digging- but from what I can tell the sound is the same and though the UI is different- all of the same settings are there except the VG VST also has a speed adjustment (half-time/regular/double-time). I am not going to be able to give a solid answer on this as it is just too much digging for me at the moment- but the presets seem to be where there is more variation. It could be that some of the presets just have different names and so I am unable to identify alike presets to compare. There are quite a few presets common to both which I found and sound identical when compared. The Virtual Guitarist VST does organize presets by genre and there may be a few more, which is nifty, a but not a selling point for me. This was mentioned in another Ujam VG thread here, but the A-List REs do have a raw output, inaccessible in the VG VSTs so far.

I also am trialing Carbon. I guess this is the template for which the 'future updates' will aim to achieve. It is pretty cool and having only tinkered briefly I think a lot of the sounds could be achieved by further distorting a different electric guitar plugin (like power chords/Iron). But the included Ujam finisher does have some pretty sweet effects and is so easy to implement. The main plus for me is the instrument mode- which as I said at first- is my main draw to upgrade. I am thinking I may just take the upgrade for Power Chords and A-List Acoustic to have one of each- a freely playable e-guitar and acoustic... although getting the bundle is still a bargain and tempting.

joeyluck

07 Apr 2021

Here is the blog post about it: https://www.ujam.com/blog/a-list-virtua ... rist-deal/

It should also be made clear that any owner of any A-List Guitarist can get any Virtual Guitarist and any number of Virtual Guitarists, including the bundle, with this deal.

Loque

07 Apr 2021

I have Sparkle and Iron. I think i got them for free once...Since i didnt used them much until now and even the Alist stuff didnt got enough use here, i skip this offer. Doesnt mean the devices or the offer is bad, it just means i dont really need it.
Reason12, Win10

eusti

07 Apr 2021

I like both A-list as VGs... Am looking forward to the promised 2.0 updates as I like to be able to use patterns from one VG in another or even other guitar emulators... I often use the bass lines of VBs with synth sounds as that usually fit my music better...
As well, my collaborator hates the sounds of virtual guitar plug ins... To me it's more of a thing I use in a sketch as in "this is where a guitar is supposed to play something like this or better"... ;)

D.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2021

I really like the A-List's and what Ujam have been doing. But i have to pass this because at this moment i don't think I really need it.

First because between the a-lists and the old Virtual Guitarist 2 (done by the team behind UJam in the 2000's), I feel i have most of my guitar needs covered.

Second, because I'm starting to think Ample Sound's guitars are more versatile and there's probably where I'm going to put my money if i need more Virtual Guitar's. So... yeah! I wish the best of luck for UJam and Peter, but for now, I'll pass.

And, imho, these should be completely free for the A-list owners, and the reason I didn't go for the new drummers too. I don't usually change stuff because of cosmetics...

WOO

09 Apr 2021

I'm thinking about buying one during this deal. Does anyone know what ujam charges for updates to the virtual guitarist plugins?

jakecento

10 Apr 2021

I am not quite sure what you mean. In this case it is $19 per if you have A-List Guitarists. I wish they provided more information about when to expect the future updates that will include the new features. I guess I am assuming- but these updates are implied to be a free update if you own the plugin or at least if you upgrade now.

eusti

10 Apr 2021

jakecento wrote:
10 Apr 2021
I guess I am assuming- but these updates are implied to be a free update if you own the plugin or at least if you upgrade now.
Not sure that that can be assumed. It’s just opening the update path to the 2.0 versions for you.

D.

Billy+

10 Apr 2021

jakecento wrote:
10 Apr 2021
I am not quite sure what you mean. In this case it is $19 per if you have A-List Guitarists. I wish they provided more information about when to expect the future updates that will include the new features. I guess I am assuming- but these updates are implied to be a free update if you own the plugin or at least if you upgrade now.
I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to features updates and cost, but if you take advantage of the current discount at least you would have got a deal on the cost and would be able to use the vst in other DAW's without having to use RRP.

doze

11 Apr 2021

I am not upgrading, but if anyone would like my codes for the upgrade, DM me.

Loque

11 Apr 2021

I didn't received any codes 🤔
Reason12, Win10

doze

11 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
11 Apr 2021
There is one code for Virtual Guitar Single (you can buy all 4 in one shot (single use) for 19ea)

The other one is for the bundle you can get all 4 + carbon for $159

eusti

11 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
11 Apr 2021
Did you sign up for the communication when buying the A-List?
Might be a tad late to contact Ujam now as it's Sunday and the last day of the promo...
You can always contact them on Facebook, but they usually respond weekdays only in my experience...

D.

doze

11 Apr 2021

eusti wrote:
11 Apr 2021
Loque wrote:
11 Apr 2021
Might be a tad late to contact Ujam now as it's Sunday and the last day of the promo...
You can always contact them on Facebook, but they usually respond weekdays only in my experience...

D.
Yes i did.

Loque

11 Apr 2021

eusti wrote:
11 Apr 2021
Loque wrote:
11 Apr 2021

D.
I always signed up AFAIR. Well, not a biggy, since i am not much interested.
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

11 Apr 2021

did not realize we could gift our code... I deleted email. I have all a-list guitars and own Iron and Carbon already... plus can play guitar in real life... so for me, it was not of much interest.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jakecento

11 Apr 2021

eusti wrote:
10 Apr 2021
jakecento wrote:
10 Apr 2021
I guess I am assuming- but these updates are implied to be a free update if you own the plugin or at least if you upgrade now.
Not sure that that can be assumed. It’s just opening the update path to the 2.0 versions for you.

D.
I understand this could be very likely, but I still stand that the wording in the e-mail heavily implies that upgrading now secures these future updates. After consideration- it does not look like I will be making the switch- but if I did I would be quite upset if they were paid updates after reading "The A-List Guitarist will remain in your Reason Studios account, but if you would like to enjoy future updates like Instrument Mode, MIDI Drag and Drop and built-in Finishers – as already implemented in Virtual Guitarist CARBON – we recommend to make the switch!"

Nonetheless I agree the assumption could be considered dangerous.
Billy+ wrote:
10 Apr 2021
jakecento wrote:
10 Apr 2021
I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to features updates and cost, but if you take advantage of the current discount at least you would have got a deal on the cost and would be able to use the vst in other DAW's without having to use RRP.
I don't use another DAW
: D

---

Thank you everyone else for your feedback and input on this. I do appreciate it. Rock on!

Lov2sing

11 Apr 2021

I like to purchase it but I can't figure out how. They use some 3rd party payment host called Fast Spring, but I can't figure out how to use it. Is this thing legit?
We make music for a reason

• Information