Behringer 2600

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2021

Second chance with the 2600! Haven't got too much time to play around, this is my second try, with a somewhat better video-audio.
Key cv comes from SQ1, mixed with 0-Coast random cv source, passed through the sum-inverter section of the 2600, which it happen that
has the second row labelled Keyboard cv... but I patched anyway from Keyboard... I need more time to polish my patching understanding, having true cables
and all of this goodness is just too good to be true!!
As a FX ther's a NTS-1 and some Microgranny granular noise (it should be an Amen in the beginning) that without computer control is completely async, anyway...
Last edited by Re8et on 27 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2021

My first patch that can be called a patch I guess... I'm plying it from the Op1 keyboard.
It's a lot of fun to start each time from scratch, pulling all cables out and then building something new...
I couldn't think to have a real 2600 was this much fun!

O1B

11 Apr 2021

Nice Gear! :thumbs_up:

Tough to go back to Soft Synths after that choppiness!
Re8et wrote:
10 Apr 2021
My first patch that can be called a patch I guess... I'm plying it from the Op1 keyboard.
It's a lot of fun to start each time from scratch, pulling all cables out and then building something new...
I couldn't think to have a real 2600 was this much fun!

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2021

I have sold my 2600...
Maybe I'll get a Blue Marvin somehow...
It was a wonderful experience, but regretfully I had to squeeze in some money...

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2021

Boombastix wrote:
21 Oct 2020
Probably beats a Mini Moog for phatness, but the tiny faders and no keyboard puts it behind a MS-20 IMO, the point of an analog in this day and age is live performance and access to knobs while playing, and just record audio bits into the DAW.

Sure you can sequence stuff and then work the sliders and record the audio, but that will be more of an electronica performance and less of funking around. Still have a place though... Price is nice too, compared to overpriced old stuff.
I just sold mine, I have the SE-02, and despite its tiny knobs, it has patch saving... and a delay module...
I don't know about phatness, but cheap comes at a cost... everything is SMD, not throughole...
SK1 has fatter filter than the 2600. Can't say about the MS20..

If it had a virtual patch saving module, I would have kept it. It's expensive for what it does not provide...
But I also have economic reasons for selling it, it's really a bad timing overall for gears...

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2022

I got back the 2600.
It has midi usb with zero lag!!!
Ok I never sold it... I was feeling bad because covid kicked in but then regret the choice to sell it and took the auction off...

Does anyone knows if there is a Midi CC guide somewhere???
It seems to me it's unresponsive to CC'ss...

danc

27 Apr 2022

Re8et wrote:
27 Apr 2022
I got back the 2600.
It has midi usb with zero lag!!!
Ok I never sold it... I was feeling bad because covid kicked in but then regret the choice to sell it and took the auction off...

Does anyone knows if there is a Midi CC guide somewhere???
It seems to me it's unresponsive to CC'ss...
Like most Behringer analog synths, I believe the 2600 does NOT respond to Midi CC - with MIDI support for Note ON/OFF only.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information