Reason 12 DAW Release and Price poll

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Pick a V12 release month and price.

April
2%
May
7%
June
7%
July
3%
August
4%
September
20%
October
7%
November
2%
December
3%
Pay what you want
4%
Less than €$£100
3%
More than €$£100
37%
Subscription only
2%

Total votes: 229
ltbrunt00

07 Apr 2021

I hope it is a major release which radically shakes things up as we know it. I want them to take as long as time as needed to finish R12. Maybe a Christmas release which would become a big Christmas present for many of us.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

WOO

08 Apr 2021

My guess is its going to cost $199.00 $249.00. As I see it 12 will be the last of the p.l. updates anyway so why not get as much money out of those of us resisting the subscription model. Depending on how the subscription and using it as a plugin in other daws works out for them financially I still have my doubts about seeing them survive past 2022 without being sold.

Billy+

08 Apr 2021

WOO wrote:
08 Apr 2021
My guess is its going to cost $199.00 $249.00. As I see it 12 will be the last of the p.l. updates anyway so why not get as much money out of those of us resisting the subscription model. Depending on how the subscription and using it as a plugin in other daws works out for them financially I still have my doubts about seeing them survive past 2022 without being sold.
Considering that suite was a V11 release and most would have since purchased Friktion and Algorithm leaving nothing extra to add value to a bundle I can't see any way RS could justify an increase in a standard upgrade price.

As for the last pl? I'm guessing you are saying the last perpetual license, I'm not convinced that is going to happen - I could be wrong but I'm confident that they will continue to sell licenses rather than relying solely on subscriptions as it makes no sense to remove the revenue stream, the whole point of subscriptions was to encourage more people in with a lower initial cost.

Unfortunately I still can't see subscription as a viable option for me personally and I've listened everyday to the content packs and can honestly say that they haven't enticed me to subscribe, nor has the inclusion of the devices that I don't own (Algorithm and Mutator)

guitfnky

10 Apr 2021

$200+ upgrade price? not a chance in hell. not unless they bring the DAW in line with modern DAW standards. even throwing us a good number of quality of life improvements wouldn’t be enough to get it there. it would have to be an absolutely enormous overhaul for them to make it worth that upgrade price.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

npinero1

10 Apr 2021

My guess, IMHO, is that ReasonStudios has their own ideas on updates and they have probably looked at some of the features that this group has provided. Those features that work for ReasonV12 AND ALSO Reason Rack+ will get priority so that they can appeal to the broadest number of users. I hope they go farther than that and give us updates on Reason Perpetual like VST3, punch in/out, etc.

I would pay for an upgrade, the only software that I think IMO comes close in terms of usability to Reason is Presonus Studio One for me.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Billy+

17 May 2021

Well it looks like the community guessed it right this time......

Now will we see a 11.5 release with vst midi support added or will it be included in a 12 point release.....

PhillipOrdonez

18 May 2021

True that, kiddo.

My guess is 11 will not get any more updates? They may include the high resolution and be done with 11. If I remember correctly, it was stated that 11 would get the high resolution thingy. But I may be remembering incorrectly. 🤔

DaveyG

18 May 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 May 2021
Well it looks like the community guessed it right this time......

Now will we see a 11.5 release with vst midi support added or will it be included in a 12 point release.....
I'd love it too but there is no way they are going to release any significant R11 updates with R12 being released in just 3 months and we just don't know whether R12 will have any VST changes.

Billy+

18 May 2021

Yeah I've kinda given up hope that it's happening.
99% sure I'm not going to buy 12 in September I think I will just wait for an extra few months to see if any features I'm after find there way in.

Just leaves me wondering if I should at least get Algorithm as it the only RS device I don't currently have and it's on sale.....

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2021

Billy+ wrote:
18 May 2021
Just leaves me wondering if I should at least get Algorithm as it the only RS device I don't currently have and it's on sale.....
If you're just buying it to complete the collection well...you know the answer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

18 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2021
Billy+ wrote:
18 May 2021
Well I have PX7 but Algorithm is a different beast and other than Mutator which I still can't find interesting it's the only device that I don't have so yeah it's purely for the collection :lol: and to support purchasing/ownership and perpetual licensing :lol:

But I was shocked to see that you have finally upgraded, I thought you was 10 forever.....

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2021

Billy+ wrote:
18 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2021

Well I have PX7 but Algorithm is a different beast and other than Mutator which I still can't find interesting it's the only device that I don't have so yeah it's purely for the collection :lol: and to support purchasing/ownership and perpetual licensing :lol:

But I was shocked to see that you have finally upgraded, I thought you was 10 forever.....
I wanted to buy my REs out of captivity. For me in any case 11 is a waste of time and like I said somewhere else I wasn’t even going to install it. I bowed to peer pressure and checked it out 10 minutes ago. My instincts were completely bang on. Anyway...I had resigned myself to buying 12 no matter what so €70 on JRR now instead of whatever R12 costs on release sounded about right. :). The End :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

18 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2021

I wanted to buy my REs out of captivity. For me in any case 11 is a waste of time and like I said somewhere else I wasn’t even going to install it. I bowed to peer pressure and checked it out 10 minutes ago. My instincts were completely bang on. Anyway...I had resigned myself to buying 12 no matter what so €70 on JRR now instead of whatever R12 costs on release sounded about right. :). The End :).
I was thinking the same about 11 until suite and I just couldn't resist the devices but I could quite happily do without the version that's why I'm definitely not sold on 12, as things stand it's just not looking worth it.

My setup is working well on El Capitan and as they have bumped the version for 12 I'm going to wait till I see features that I will use before I go through the hassle of upgrading my OS.

Also as I'm running an EiE Pro I would also have to buy a new audio device which I've been looking at for awhile but again without any real reason to I've decided that it's not worth it for the features In 12.

I was hoping for a M1 native build so I could have a new M1 running Logic and Reason but that's looking way off so I'm going to hold onto my cash this time round.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2021

Billy+ wrote:
18 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2021

I was thinking the same about 11 until suite and I just couldn't resist the devices but I could quite happily do without the version that's why I'm definitely not sold on 12, as things stand it's just not looking worth it.

My setup is working well on El Capitan and as they have bumped the version for 12 I'm going to wait till I see features that I will use before I go through the hassle of upgrading my OS.

Also as I'm running an EiE Pro I would also have to buy a new audio device which I've been looking at for awhile but again without any real reason to I've decided that it's not worth it for the features In 12.

I was hoping for a M1 native build so I could have a new M1 running Logic and Reason but that's looking way off so I'm going to hold onto my cash this time round.
Yeah...Suite. I'd already bought more than half of Suite at full price. Anyway...12 for good or bad. I've either bought into Reason or I've bought out of Reason. Whatever happens everyone's a winner baby.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information