BlueDepth / Epic Motion Reverb FX (by Turn2on)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

09 Apr 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rb-effect/

• Tweaking MultiVerb with selfoscillating decays
• Pitch-shifted spring reverb with buffer feedback
• Limiter/Maximizer control for feedbacks & overload

BLUEDEPTH is like a boutique effect for unbelivable Epic reveberations. The device centers on the AirVerb, UnderwaterVerb and Submersion sections.

Created more for tweaking knobs and morphing results at long decays, not for static use :thumbup:

AirVerb: The crystal and airy part of the BlueDepth effect. This section produces beautiful additions to the processed signal ranging from short to amazingly long decay reverberations which add an element of rich sea breath to the sound.

Underwater Verb: With 14 selectable Verb characters, Underwater Verb creates fundamental depth reverberations which create a sense of underwater motions and the life of an unexplored sea world.
 Based on the spring reverb effect.

Parallel Verb: An additional parallel signal, processed by the AirVerb contour, is sent to the Underwater Verb. The sum of the Underwater Verb and the parallel signal is processed through the Submersion section and then routed back to the AirVerb section.

Submersion: is a 1-octave down pitch-shifter with feedback and buffer duration control. It adds unstable lower harmonics to the processed reverberated signal. It gives a rich basis for reverberated sound through the addition of low frequencies which help to produces an Epic Reverb effect.

Lost Dog

09 Apr 2021

Very cool, checking it out as I type, lots of potential.

Rising Night Wave

09 Apr 2021

khm, am... sorry for saying this, guys at turn2on, but this presentation video is very very poor and bad.
but i can clearly see how this Blue Depth Epic Motion Reverb tool is powerful.
i mostly liked - in presentation video - "submersion depth" knob. it makes things really interesting.

good job you have done with this tool. only, as i said, the presentation video is very very poor. sorry for saying that. but next video you will do make it better.
some people are like that, that will not take a look at product, if presentation video is not attractive and interesting. you should know that.

okey, enough with that. good job you have done with that tool. keep it up. :thumbsup:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

integerpoet

09 Apr 2021

This effect seems "playable" enough that I could see it being the main "voice" of entire tracks in some genres (whose names I am not hip enough to know). Also the graphics are adorable.
Last edited by integerpoet on 09 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Mataya

09 Apr 2021

Very creative guy/guys/girls behind this name. Wish I could support them more. Good luck and keep making great products.

M

16161d

09 Apr 2021

I really want to buy it (and probably will), just because of the whale.

Here's an experiment for you RE developers - Put a cute kitten on your next product.. It could be a brown note generator, you'd get my money.

EDIT: Okay screw the whale, this reverb sounds AMAZING. Okay sorry whale, you make this device even cooler too.

I'm really impressed at how you've continued to bring some really creative devices to the rack, I've got to admit, I was first put off by how many devices you were releasing and thought maybe we had a developer who just wanted to flood the store with simple devices and make a quick buck, but I was wrong to be so judgemental, the amount of work and dedication you've put into consistently bringing us these great creative tools is commendable and speaks for itself now, it's obvious how passionate you are about making these as well as in responding to the community, being really open to feedback, doing so despite the language barrier.

I know a lot of the criticism has been towards your UI designs as well, but your devices are definitely looking better, this is probably one of your nicest looking and easily readable ones so far, it might just be one of my favourite looking devices, again RE devs, take note, cute animals sell rack devices. If I was to be super nit picky though, I would say raise the submersion wet, submersion low cut, reflection, osc depth and damping knobs/text up by a few more pixels, as they're very close to the border, especially if the device is currently selected in the rack. At least the submersion wet and submersion LC, as they get cut off a tiny bit by the border.

The perfect Reason device for me is one that makes me want to make music. This is one of them.

integerpoet

09 Apr 2021

16161d wrote:
09 Apr 2021
It could be a brown note generator…
I mean, is there a brown note generator in the shop? If not, why not? You never know when they'll green-light a sequel to Inception. You have to be ready for these things.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2021

I think you should make your future devices in a similar GUI style as this. 100x better

16161d

09 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
09 Apr 2021
I mean, is there a brown note generator in the shop? If not, why not? You never know when they'll green-light a sequel to Inception. You have to be ready for these things.
The real question is why isn't there more than one, and why none with cute kittens? It's too bad April 1st has already passed, missed opportunities here. Maybe one day we'll get Crapre 3...

BRIGGS

09 Apr 2021

r11s

Steedus
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2021

Big congrats on this one :clap: The demo video is great at being to the point and showing what the plug-in sounds like. The UI is great and I love the little touches like the sub which goes up and down with the depth position, and the lighthouse light.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
09 Apr 2021
:clap:

BRIGGS

09 Apr 2021

:puf_smile: instabuy
r11s

Despondo
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2021

16161d wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Here's an experiment for you RE developers - Put a cute kitten on your next product.. It could be a brown note generator, you'd get my money.
Peff already did this with CRAPRE (Version 1) Sadly, no longer available, but some of us lucky ones have it.

PhillipOrdonez

10 Apr 2021

This will be great for those who produce ambient, and thinking about it, techno too.

LmstPv

10 Apr 2021

Another great release from turn2on. I love the gui on this too.

rorystorm

10 Apr 2021

this is a really, really nice piece of kit. Clever design and it does stuff that the other reverb units I've got don't do.
Plus the GUI is fantastic.

ModusNull

10 Apr 2021

Just downloaded the trial. It's great! Loving it. Like the new style of interface too - lots more room to get to grips with the plugin. Only thing I wish was that the Dry / Wet was a pair of knobs, and that perhaps the limiter was on the front. Sounds great though. Well worth the £24 for the discount :-) .
Modus Null
modusnull.bandcamp.com
www.jamendo.com/artist/379099/modus-null/albums

cymek74

10 Apr 2021

Great job Turn2on. I absolutely love this, trialed for about 10 mins then bought it.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

turn2on
RE Developer

10 Apr 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
09 Apr 2021
if presentation video is not attractive and interesting. you should know that.
@Rising Night Wave, Thank you for the critic about video, it really long. Some our previous products have much longer presentations. And I try to fix this.
Device based on long decays, and video cant have fast sound examples changes. But I understand you. Video must be shorter and more interesting. May be in this video I must cut every of 4 audio examples to make as quarter length only. May be enough to show GUI elements and make this audio examples only in 5 minutes. But at the same time, I try to make accents not to various sound sources, but more to live parameters tweaking. What device can really do with long decays. Of course, everybody can use device as short decays effects. I try in next video creating remember that.

@integerpoet, device really nice work not only for long decay sounds as main signals. You can easy build pad sounds as background, or lush reverbs with long tails and mix it with DRY signal as bigger proportion. You can enable it on guitar, fast bass, and drums also with short decays. Big range of possibilities. But main vector of effect, is self-oscillated feedbacks of sections.
16161d wrote:
09 Apr 2021
RE devs, take note, cute animals sell rack devices.
:D Whale picture was drawn by my 5-years old daughter when I try to create effect like a submersion to the sea.. In results, device design coming to territory of boutique style fx pedals.
16161d wrote:
09 Apr 2021
If I was to be super nit picky though, I would say raise the submersion wet, submersion low cut, reflection, osc depth and damping knobs/text up by a few more pixels, as they're very close to the border, especially if the device is currently selected in the rack. At least the submersion wet and submersion LC, as they get cut off a tiny bit by the border.
I already maked this changes today for near update. Coming soon as possible.
ModusNull wrote:
10 Apr 2021
I wish was that the Dry / Wet was a pair of knobs, and that perhaps the limiter was on the front.
I also already adds Limiter On/Off button to front panel for faster and easy Limiter activation in coming update. Placing limiter parameters, changing Dry/Wet displays to knobs - eat place on the panel and make reading of the front panel much harder.
Need some time and may be I can rethink this elements on front panel. Update is coming soon as possible.

Thanks to all for your words. I glad to hear positive vibrations and critic about BlueDepth effect.
This is a creative effect that helps you quickly achieve decays and feedbacks for your audio signal and tweaking reverb tails
results in in different ways.

integerpoet

10 Apr 2021

turn2on wrote:
10 Apr 2021
@integerpoet, device really nice work not only for long decay sounds as main signals. You can easy build pad sounds as background, or lush reverbs with long tails and mix it with DRY signal as bigger proportion. You can enable it on guitar, fast bass, and drums also with short decays. Big range of possibilities.
That too. I am working on a track right now that needs such a lush pad and I am tempted to use this for it, just based on the video.
But main vector of effect, is self-oscillated feedbacks of sections.
Yeah, that's what I meant about the possibility of using it as one of the main "voices" of an entire track in some genres.
Whale picture was drawn by my 5-years old daughter…
That kid already has a bright future in user interface design!

friday

10 Apr 2021

Will buy it just because of the submarine, that dives deeper and and deeper and deeper.... Your new GUI's are so much more inviting... nice job!

Maybe a new GUI also for Mars Peaks will help me to use it again, actually the GUI scares me to much :-) I allways loose the focus.

PhillipOrdonez

10 Apr 2021

Definitely on the boutique effect pedal territory. At times it sounded a little like my microcosm.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2021

turn2on wrote:
10 Apr 2021
:D Whale picture was drawn by my 5-years old daughter when I try to create effect like a submersion to the sea.. In results, device design coming to territory of boutique style fx pedals.
That's incredible. How much does she get paid? :lol:

I think the style works particularly well for the concept you were going for (boutique pedal) That's the first thing that came to mind, prior to reading the description. There is also way less visual chaos than all your other devices, which makes me want to use them even more.

BRIGGS

10 Apr 2021

r11s

• Information