Has Reasontalk been more active since the announcement of Reason+, or has it stayed the same?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Seckin

07 Apr 2021

I'm just wondering if more people - new "customers" - stop by nowadays. I feel like it, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

EnochLight

07 Apr 2021

Seckin wrote:
07 Apr 2021
Has Reasontalk been more active since the announcement of Reason+
Absolutely, but this is in alignment with most "new" versions of Reason that are released.
Seckin wrote:
07 Apr 2021
I'm just wondering if more people - new "customers" - stop by nowadays. I feel like it, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.
We've had quite a few requests for "new" thread starters since the announcement of Reason+, and a plethora of new people chiming in for the very first time. I don't feel it's coincidence.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

danc

07 Apr 2021

EnochLight wrote:
07 Apr 2021
We've had quite a few requests for "new" thread starters since the announcement of Reason+, and a plethora of new people chiming in for the very first time. I don't feel it's coincidence.
It would be interesting to see if there has been a fall off of the "non new" forum users (those people that have been around for years).

It does "feel" a lot quieter these days than in the past, which if true is a shame as I really do like Reason and ReasonTalk.
Check my Soundcloud:

integerpoet

07 Apr 2021

The world revolves around me, and my recent arrival had nothing to do with Reason+.

Aquila

07 Apr 2021

from an end-user perspective, the addition of R+ doesn't "feel" like it's added any traffic. Granted, there was a clear surge in posts shortly after the announcement, but lately it feels about the same pace as the site's always been.

plasticfractal

07 Apr 2021

I feel like an amazing user interface upgrade would bring a lot of new people in. Some may dismiss it as superficial, but I think a modern looking UI would connect with people in a big way. I know they are working on a high resolution update, but if it still basically looks the same just higher dpi then I wouldn't expect a large impact. But a modern UI overhaul would really get people's attention.

Loque

07 Apr 2021

plasticfractal wrote:
07 Apr 2021
I feel like an amazing user interface upgrade would bring a lot of new people in. Some may dismiss it as superficial, but I think a modern looking UI would connect with people in a big way. I know they are working on a high resolution update, but if it still basically looks the same just higher dpi then I wouldn't expect a large impact. But a modern UI overhaul would really get people's attention.
A few ppl would cry, a few scream, a few moan, a few laugh, a few smile, ... Regardless what RS would do and how they would do it 😏
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

08 Apr 2021

The fact is that Reason+ is going to attract a younger audience and younger audiences don't tend to hang out on forums so, whilst we'll definitely see some new blood on here, it will just be a small percentage of the new blood. And if RS want to grow and prosper they need to find a way to engage and listen to those new users, possibly more than they listen to us.,

Loque

08 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
08 Apr 2021
The fact is that Reason+ is going to attract a younger audience and younger audiences don't tend to hang out on forums so, whilst we'll definitely see some new blood on here, it will just be a small percentage of the new blood. And if RS want to grow and prosper they need to find a way to engage and listen to those new users, possibly more than they listen to us.,
Ryan should make TikTok videos?
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

08 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
08 Apr 2021
...if RS want to grow and prosper they need to find a way to engage and listen to those new users, possibly more than they listen to us.,
I'm pretty sure that's already their MO.

chimp_spanner

08 Apr 2021

It's hard to gauge just by forum activity IMO. Only reason I say that is...most younger people I know just don't use them. Much in the same way that they don't really use Facebook. Increasingly everything happens on Instagram, TikTok, I guess Twitter...a little bit, although that whole place is a dumpster fire. I've found the whole online landscape has changed so much from when I first got active online. I killed my website a while ago cos...seriously who (apart from companies) even has a .com anymore lol I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a bit out of step and out of date.

DaveyG

08 Apr 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
08 Apr 2021
It's hard to gauge just by forum activity IMO. Only reason I say that is...most younger people I know just don't use them. Much in the same way that they don't really use Facebook. Increasingly everything happens on Instagram, TikTok, I guess Twitter...a little bit, although that whole place is a dumpster fire. I've found the whole online landscape has changed so much from when I first got active online. I killed my website a while ago cos...seriously who (apart from companies) even has a .com anymore lol I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a bit out of step and out of date.
And the fact that we've heard of Instagram and TikTok means that the kids are already migrating to something most of us haven't heard of yet.

PhillipOrdonez

08 Apr 2021

Social media is the cheapest form of entertainment. A waste of time if you ask me.

Paul, you killed your website, perhaps update to your signature, then?

integerpoet

08 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Apr 2021
What do you mean? I just bought my post-pandemic back-to-the-office wardrobe there.

PhillipOrdonez

08 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
08 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Apr 2021
What do you mean? I just bought my post-pandemic back-to-the-office wardrobe there.
Chimp spanner, look at his signature, you should understand.

dustiraw

08 Apr 2021

Anyone have a general idea either the number or volume of newer users (not just reasontalk, reason in general) or know if there’s been a significant leap in terms of its user base?
Dusti Miraglia
Sound D-Sine Music
https://LearnSoundDSine.com
Dusti@LearnSoundDsine.com
Check out the blog I run over at https://unison.audio/blog/ for extensive In-depth production related lessons and tutorials!

integerpoet

09 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Apr 2021
integerpoet wrote:
08 Apr 2021
It was a very small domain name joke. Somebody apparently bought the domain name he relinquished and affixed it to a men's apparel shop.

PhillipOrdonez

09 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
09 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Apr 2021

It was a very small domain name joke. Somebody apparently bought the domain name he relinquished and affixed it to a men's apparel shop.
Holy shit you're right 😂😂😂

Tiny Montgomery

10 Apr 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
08 Apr 2021
I'd genuinely like to see more of your videos. Apologies if you get asked this a lot and it's annoying. Watching your stuff got me to reinvest in Reason. Your style and presentation is excellent.

IMHO the you tube tutorial style that has developed recently - the click baity titles, the exaggerated facial expressions in the thumbnail, the churning out of poor quality content just so they're posting regularly - is looking very tired, very yesterday.

Solid content like yours delivered in your calm & breezy style, not over saturated with inconsequential filler, is sadly lacking, I think you have a niche.

• Information