Automatically pitch shifting my notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
synchaotica

03 Apr 2021

Would anyone know why my song automatically pitches my notes down (there's no automation set on the track at all) When I flip across to the rack window it can actually watch the main pitch wheel on the device drop about 4 or 5 notes. Obviously this puts everything in the song out of key. Weirdly, it doesn't do this all the time. It can happen anywhere in the track, not just at specific spots. This weird glitch can (and does) this with any random track in the song. It feels like a programming glitch.

Thoroughly frustrated. I'd appreciate some help please.

TIA

Reason 11.3.3d10 (build 11,654)
Mac Mini 2012

PhillipOrdonez

03 Apr 2021

It is your midi controller. It's dirty or something and is sending pitch wheel data to whichever track is armed.

stripedkeys

06 Apr 2021

You should also make sure that any other device you have plugged in isn't doing it. For example, I have a Presonus ioStation24c interface and control surface. The control surface uses MIDI messages and the fader on the hardware is mapped to the pitch bend change message. If you have some other type of control surface plugged in, it could be doing something similar without you realizing it.

synchaotica

06 Apr 2021

Well damn.. unplugged my MIDI controller and BAM! - everything back to normal.

What a surprise that I need to repair/replace/renew equipment again. This music making business is not a cheap pursuit.

Thank you both for your replies.

PhillipOrdonez

06 Apr 2021

No worries. Glad I could help.

• Information