Overbridge and Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
electrofux

06 Apr 2021

I just noticed that one of the last updates of overbridge has this entry in the patchnotes:

"The plugins now present mono hardware buses as mono instead of stereo when loaded into Reason"

Has anyone tried that out with Digitakt? And can now all outputs of the Digitakt be routed to the VSTWrapper in Reason?

Sterioevo

06 Apr 2021

I receive the following, selectable in Digitakt settings:
1/2. master (any channel and/or send fx - so can record wet fx only)
3. track 1
4. track 2
5. track 3
6. track 4
7. track 5
8. track 6
9. track 7
10. track 8
11. Input L
12. Input R

electrofux

06 Apr 2021

So everything good now? All Channels + Wet FX Track available in Reason?

Damn i am getting closer to buying the thing.

Are you happy with sync and general operation?

Sterioevo

06 Apr 2021

Yeah happy overall. There are a variety of possibilities in terms of sync. Overbridge is pretty good though - some latency but that is to be expected

electrofux

06 Apr 2021

Ah yeah the latency, i was just thinking about it. The latency the overbridge introduces, does it come ontop of your main soundcards latency or does it just apply to the VST-Wrapper (since it uses its own kind of driver), so that i dont have additional latency when triggering a normal Reason Synth besides? Never rally understood how that worked. Allways thought this specific overbridge vst- device introduces a certain amount of latency much like when you switch on lookahead on a compressor.

About how much latency are we speaking?

PhillipOrdonez

06 Apr 2021

Ahhh I got confused by your post and thought there was a new update to overbridge I wasn't aware of 😂

Sterioevo

06 Apr 2021

In quick tests I get the following latency on my in-built sound card (Mac) with a sample buffer size of 64:
- 24ms (midi)
- 32ms (for audio)

• Information