(Black Metal) Petrale - Mirabilis Jalapa

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Kov

06 Apr 2021

Mostly dissonant black metal done with Reason.

Drums:

Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute accoustic kit. 2 x 22'x18' Bassdrum, Toms 10', 12', 13', Floortom 16'x16', Snare 14'x7'.

Drumheads: Bassdrums: Aquarian Super Kick II/Regulator II, Toms: Aquarian Classic Clear, Snare: Remo Ambassador coated

Cymbals: Zildjan K 14' Hihat, Paiste Line 22' power ride, Paiste 2002 15', 16', 17' crashes, Paiste 2002 14', 18' chinas

Sticks: Vic Firth 3A, wood tip

Microphones: AKG D112 for the Bassdrums, Thomann T-Bone for the rest.

Guitars

2 x Subtractor split through Creme and Softube

Bass

Rickenbacker from Reason Electric Bass

Vocals

Microphone: Roadstar 666 (Shure SM-58 copy)

zoidkirb

06 Apr 2021

Nice! Reminds me a bit of early Darkthrone but with more technical playing. Pretty natural drum sounds which is cool, I kinda hate the modern over produced metal drum sound.
Guitars - Subtractor? Wow that's really well done. I would not have guessed honestly.

Kov

06 Apr 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
06 Apr 2021
Nice! Reminds me a bit of early Darkthrone but with more technical playing. Pretty natural drum sounds which is cool, I kinda hate the modern over produced metal drum sound.
Guitars - Subtractor? Wow that's really well done. I would not have guessed honestly.
Thx! I too am not a friend of modern metal drum sounds. I think a lot is done with drum plugins and sample replacement. That's why i even didn't remove the squeeking of the drum stool and things like that.

strangers
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2021

You managed to dial in some convincing guitars with Subtractor. It definitely helped that you played or programmed like a guitar. I doubt many would be able to tell it wasn't a guitar if you didn't mention it. I've never been big on this genre although it's been growing on me lately. Really nice work overall.

Any plans for more than just one song?

Kov

12 Apr 2021

strangers wrote:
12 Apr 2021
You managed to dial in some convincing guitars with Subtractor. It definitely helped that you played or programmed like a guitar. I doubt many would be able to tell it wasn't a guitar if you didn't mention it. I've never been big on this genre although it's been growing on me lately. Really nice work overall.

Any plans for more than just one song?
Thx! It's programmed like guitarists who play sloppy on purpose because it suits the ugliness of the genre. Lot of notes spilling into each other, occasionally hitting non fretted strings and "accidental" pitch bends when changing frets.

It's a 10 song album, the fifth already ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2021

Yes the guitar sound is very convincing. Every element sounds perfect for this type of music. It's raw/messy yet clear mix wise, which is worth a compliment. I think you nailed that balance.
Good work on this tune! :thumbs_up:

dan_g

22 Apr 2021

thats just great. i barely listen to black metal but the "quality" of this is just perfect for the genre.

and the guitars! wow thats crazy convincing.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

• Information