No input audio - Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Karl Grelet

15 Mar 2021

Hello,
With Reason 10, i can't manage to have an audio input.

Here is what I do for an easy test :

In the audio's preference of reason, I have selected the micro built-in of my computer and built-in speaker (as audio module)
I have created an audio track and arm it.
But no sound come in Reason when I speak into the micro.

I have tried to listen my iPad IOS application in Reason. It's the same result... any sound !

I have tried with my audio interface as audio module in the reason's preference, but it's same thing. It doesn't work.

So, I have also tried with logic audio or Quicktime... and everything is good. I can record my voice in the micro built-in or the iPad sound.

So I think that I have a problem of configuration in the reason.

Have you an idea ?

That's a lot for help

NB : i have tried to reinstall reason 10, too.

Reason 10.4.1d4
MacBook Pro 16" and Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7)

ReRun Van PX7

05 Apr 2021

Karl Grelet wrote:
15 Mar 2021
Hello,
With Reason 10, i can't manage to have an audio input.

Here is what I do for an easy test :

In the audio's preference of reason, I have selected the micro built-in of my computer and built-in speaker (as audio module)
I have created an audio track and arm it.
But no sound come in Reason when I speak into the micro.

I have tried to listen my iPad IOS application in Reason. It's the same result... any sound !

I have tried with my audio interface as audio module in the reason's preference, but it's same thing. It doesn't work.

So, I have also tried with logic audio or Quicktime... and everything is good. I can record my voice in the micro built-in or the iPad sound.

So I think that I have a problem of configuration in the reason.

Have you an idea ?

That's a lot for help

NB : i have tried to reinstall reason 10, too.

Reason 10.4.1d4
MacBook Pro 16" and Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7)
Same issue on my end, too. I can record with the built in audio-in on my older MacBook Pro running Reason Lite. I have came to the conclusion that it's a Mac audio-in issue, that requires an audio interface to resolve it. I'm basically running the same system as you with no built in audio-in on my MacBook Pro, just out. Any luck on your end?

pushedbutton

05 Apr 2021

@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information