Drip

Discuss VST stuff here!
K_R33Z3

01 Apr 2021

I downloaded Drip VST last night after seeing all the you tube videos.. and I tested it out. 2 clicks later... :shock:

K_R33Z3

01 Apr 2021

I downloaded Algoritm and Sequences last night around 10:00pm before the sale was done. Started making a beat then I remembered around 11:45 I wanted to try Sub Colours. I downloaded it and immediately found it to enhance my 808 in a great way. Went from sounding "plain" to having a lot of "body". I got it at 11:55pm... then a few minutes later I remembered I been wanting to try Drip VST because I saw all the videos on You tube.... 2 CLICKS LATER (SPONGE BOB VOICE) I WAS :shock:

BRIGGS

01 Apr 2021

April fools!!! :lol:
r11s

Noise
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2021

How to save 47 bucks:

Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

K_R33Z3

01 Apr 2021

I understand there are different ways to get the "drip" sound. All I'm saying is when you are "in the zone" on a beat, sometimes you will get distracted by adding a bunch of effects to one particular sound (can take 30 minutes off your time or more). I look at Drip as a way to spice up a simple melody to be enough to inspire other more deeper patches, sounds. The $47 didn't bother me as much because I do this for life. I spend more than that on one meal in downtown Atlanta on a date. At least Drip will be there with me the next day :cool:

Noise
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2021

K_R33Z3 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
.. I look at Drip as a way to spice up a simple melody to be enough to inspire other more deeper patches, sounds. The $47 didn't bother me as much because I do this for life...
ahah :D ok, I see your point, I just have this thing to over-evaluate and justify purchases ( and I love spending all right). I have so much stuff piled up, with some tweaking, a good combinator with some re/vst, I can have a in-house-sauce-drip-thingy. Thanks for sharing, of course!
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

guitfnky

01 Apr 2021

honestly, you could probably get similar results just as easily with one, or maybe two ARTs—for free.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

01 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
K_R33Z3 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
.. I look at Drip as a way to spice up a simple melody to be enough to inspire other more deeper patches, sounds. The $47 didn't bother me as much because I do this for life...
ahah :D ok, I see your point, I just have this thing to over-evaluate and justify purchases ( and I love spending all right). I have so much stuff piled up, with some tweaking, a good combinator with some re/vst, I can have a in-house-sauce-drip-thingy. Thanks for sharing, of course!
How about all-buns for your signature?

Noise
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
01 Apr 2021
lol. Not buns anymore, it's fixed now :D

PhillipOrdonez

01 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
01 Apr 2021
lol. Not buns anymore, it's fixed now :D
😂

K_R33Z3

02 Apr 2021

guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021
honestly, you could probably get similar results just as easily with one, or maybe two ARTs—for free.
ARTs? Im not sure what that is do you have a link? Your not talking about the company that makes music equipment right.

Billy+

02 Apr 2021

K_R33Z3 wrote:
02 Apr 2021

ARTs? Im not sure what that is do you have a link? Your not talking about the company that makes music equipment right.
IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG (86.27 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
Audiomatic Retro Transformer

K_R33Z3

02 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
K_R33Z3 wrote:
01 Apr 2021

Yeah I definitely don't condone "one click fix all" software's. There is a lot of "algorithm" mixing and mastering stuff I know is BS... And I love getting deep with combinators and effects. I just know sometimes the re wiring and tweaking takes a few minutes off the groove. So I just tried Drip to be a "starter" or "filler" effect. And honestly this post was supposed to be more about the RE's I purchased but the moderator moved the whole convo to VST's. SUB COULOURS is nice. Sequences was always on my list. Algoritm was a must by I am scared to upgrade reason and lose my RE's. I have version 10 now.

K_R33Z3

02 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Apr 2021
K_R33Z3 wrote:
02 Apr 2021

IMG_2577.JPG

Thanks! I do use that sometimes. It doesn't really do the moving filter effect but it does kinda change the "texture". And it's not that customizable. But I do use ART sometimes for like a vinyl sound.
Audiomatic Retro Transformer

integerpoet

02 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
(a YouTube link)
Drip aside, this video made me LOL more than once. Dude is funny.

Also this video gives me a marketing idea: a plugin which has no DSP code of its own and just fronts for combinations of stock effects.

Sort of like a Combinator whose innards you can't examine so it can pretend it's something deeper.

I'll be rich!

integerpoet

05 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
02 Apr 2021
This … gives me a marketing idea: a plugin which has no DSP code of its own and just fronts for combinations of stock effects. Sort of like a Combinator whose innards you can't examine so it can pretend it's something deeper.
Even better: Make tiny random tweaks to each copy sold and market the crap out of the uniqueness. "Our proprietary analog techniques make your sound truly yours alone!" To amplify the irony, I'd give each one an NFT. I bet I could find a single customer who'd buy more than one.

• Information