Step Note Recorder II

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

29 Mar 2021

Not only can you choose from the different "direction" options, but you can also adjust the "offset" via CV, on the back. Just plug in an LFO and you can experiment with endless variations.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bharris22

29 Mar 2021

bidaar wrote:
28 Mar 2021
bharris22 wrote:
24 Mar 2021
I purchased Sequences during the current sale, and am wondering whether SNR II would be too duplicative. What do the owners of this device think?
Hey looks like me and you are on the same track I bought Sequences in the march sale , and Im buying Step note recorder 2 too because I think theres enough different functions to have them both like one doesnt even have different pattern support and the other one isnt really modular so Im looking into ways to combine em
Interesting - we're on the same track, but reached different conclusions :puf_smile: With the CV inputs in Sequences, I determined that the Player device could do everything I wanted, and I didn't need SNR II.

dvdrtldg

29 Mar 2021

challism wrote:
29 Mar 2021
Not only can you choose from the different "direction" options, but you can also adjust the "offset" via CV, on the back. Just plug in an LFO and you can experiment with endless variations.
Can second this as a great way of adding variety to a sequence, it works really well on bass lines. Fuck around with the frequency & amplitude of the LFO and you can come up with a groove that's solid and controlled but also throws in unpredictable skips & tied notes. Cool Back of the Rack Tip #17,365,098

bidaar

29 Mar 2021

bharris22 wrote:
29 Mar 2021
bidaar wrote:
28 Mar 2021

Hey looks like me and you are on the same track I bought Sequences in the march sale , and Im buying Step note recorder 2 too because I think theres enough different functions to have them both like one doesnt even have different pattern support and the other one isnt really modular so Im looking into ways to combine em
Interesting - we're on the same track, but reached different conclusions :puf_smile: With the CV inputs in Sequences, I determined that the Player device could do everything I wanted, and I didn't need SNR II.
haha tbh I just love everything that is modular and cv oriented and I demoed step note and Saw its so cool . and it was on sale too so I just bought it because Robotic bean is fire and I was gonna buy it anyway sooner or later lol . I bought Sequences , Step Note ll , Euclid , Elementary Logic gates , Melodramatik Player in this 2021 march sale .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

challism

29 Mar 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Mar 2021
challism wrote:
29 Mar 2021
Can second this as a great way of adding variety to a sequence, it works really well on bass lines. Fuck around with the frequency & amplitude of the LFO and you can come up with a groove that's solid and controlled but also throws in unpredictable skips & tied notes. Cool Back of the Rack Tip #17,365,098
Another trick I like to do with this particularly unpredictable note arrangement is to throw STEP on an instrument that is already being fed notes via a player stack. So the notes STEP feeds the instrument are just like some spice on top of the Player loop. It's a great way to change things up a bit and add some variation to an otherwise stale loop.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

chimp_spanner

30 Mar 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
29 Mar 2021
chimp_spanner wrote:
29 Mar 2021
I must've asked this before at some point but is there any plan to implement some different playback modes? Like alt/ping pong, random, stochastic, etc. Unless it can already do something like this and I'm being a huge noob!
Noob.... Only kiding....

Yes it does..

Capture.PNG
No I really am a noob...I'm in a thread for the WRONG DEVICE. I was thinking about Sequences. Yeesh. What's happening to me...

bidaar

30 Mar 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Mar 2021
challism wrote:
29 Mar 2021
thats why I love step note and Euclid or generaly any Device that has so many CV Input it just reminds me of how powerful reason is and how crazy creative I can go
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

bharris22

30 Mar 2021

You guys convinced me - I just bought it :).

phithegoldenratio

31 Mar 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
29 Mar 2021

Noob.... Only kiding....

Yes it does..

Capture.PNG
No I really am a noob...I'm in a thread for the WRONG DEVICE. I was thinking about Sequences. Yeesh. What's happening to me...
The playback modes from Step Note Rec would make a nice addition to Sequences! I was thinking that too..

bharris22

31 Mar 2021

The additional playback modes in SNRII are one of the reasons I ended up purchasing it in addition to Sequences.

RoryM0

01 Apr 2021

bharris22 wrote:
31 Mar 2021
The additional playback modes in SNRII are one of the reasons I ended up purchasing it in addition to Sequences.
Absolutely. You've got to have both. They're top tier sequencing devices in the rack. Love em.

bidaar

05 Apr 2021

bharris22 wrote:
30 Mar 2021
You guys convinced me - I just bought it :).
hahahahaaaaa Im sure you wont regret it because its always good to pick some nice stuff in sales, they will come handy some days and in some situations or for experimanting . few days ago I trialed the Reasonans and hooked it to Step note 2 and hit record hit some random notes and started tweaking the SN2 I was blown away by how quick I reached a dope Result

bidaar

05 Apr 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
bharris22 wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Absolutely. You've got to have both. They're top tier sequencing devices in the rack. Love em.
yep Now I that I have Sequences and Step Note 2 and other players... maybe tell us some approacesh to combine these two like put sequenes on top of the SN 2 or vice versa etc and combine em with devices like plyaer tap from lectric panda or Midi to CV RE

• Information