Time stretch Midi clip

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.

Like the idea??

Yes
50%
Yes but I'd had not much use of it
13%
Not a priority but could be only good
25%
There's workaround (please explain as I have no clues)
13%
Not at all
No votes

Total votes: 8
Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2019

Time stretch Midi clip
Quoted from Ableton forum, I was wondering if this could be a future feature for Reason.
I also do not know how to achieve this in any way, but this content I guess would be for another topic.

Time stretch Midi clip. I know you can time stretch notes inside the clip editor, but it would be totally awesome if we could time stretch a midi clip in the arrangement view by grabbing the edge of the clip while holding shift or command or control and then dragging the clip to stretch it to it's desired length.

this is a feature I used in Cubase a lot, and I'm very surprised to find that it's not included in Live yet. I don't know how hard that'd be for ableton to make possible while clips loop in arrangement view. but it would be one feature i'd definitely love to have. especially if they also implemented it for audio clips in the arrangement view. To have the ability to just grab the end of a clip, and stretch it out by hand is very useful. I know you can do most of this inside the clip editor, but i must say, it would be very convenient if you could stretch a midi/audio clip in arrangement view by dragging the edge of the clip while holding a function key.

diminished
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2019

Huh?
Ctrl+drag at the edge of the clip?
Last edited by diminished on 27 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Dec 2019

diminished wrote:
27 Dec 2019
Huh?
Alt+drag at the edge of the clip?
For me, it's Ctrl/Command-drag.

diminished
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2019

orthodox wrote:
27 Dec 2019
diminished wrote:
27 Dec 2019
Huh?
Alt+drag at the edge of the clip?
For me, it's Ctrl/Command-drag.
Yes, my bad. Ctrl not alt. Edited!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Jackjackdaw

27 Dec 2019

Well, I did not know you could do that! Thanks for bringing it up it might come in handy.

ljekio

27 Dec 2019

I want to stretch selected notes into clip. Sometime :)

selig
RE Developer

27 Dec 2019

You need to add a choice for "I already do this"! ;)
I actually find this feature useful, especially for tracks originally recorded without a click (like when I have a quick idea and need to record as quickly as possible so I don't forget it). I also use it when sequencing ambient/drone type parts that aren't intended to be in sync with the tempo to begin with.
If you only want to stretch certain notes in a clip, just either razor them into their own clip (if they don't overlap), or cut/paste them into a new track if they DO overlap with notes you want to keep in place.
Also, you can use the Tool Window to double or half the time of a selected clip/notes.
Selig Audio, LLC

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2019

selig wrote:
27 Dec 2019
You need to add a choice for "I already do this"! ;)
I actually find this feature useful, especially for tracks originally recorded without a click (like when I have a quick idea and need to record as quickly as possible so I don't forget it).
I thinks it's there already, it just says: There's workaround (please explain as I have no clues)
or something like that.... ctrl_drag??? WhOoopss...

but something is missing... something like the disable stretch function... I wanted to speed up the song but not the Midi for a dub session, keep it at the original tempo, just to make this thread useful, things related with midi clicks... :thumbs_up:

Creativemind

30 Mar 2021

Never knew you could do this. That's one less feature I'm waiting for now I suppose. :-D

It's ctrl shift drag on Windows 10.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

deeplink
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2021

When users request features that are already included in Reason, it makes me doubt the legitimacy of this form
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

R303

01 Apr 2021

Shift? Just ctrl and drag.

demt

02 Apr 2021

1047 pages and counting
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information