"SYNC ALL" Thread

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
turn2on
RE Developer

28 Mar 2021

From time to time users have a questions about problems with RE activation after:

- buying / trial /update license and not find it in list of devices into Reason
- download RE and cant add RackExtension in Reason

As I know, developers, and users not have official position from RS what to do in the same situations.

Good to have special official info page about this problem on RS site. Users can go to site and read about this problem, and find what they can do by the list step by step. After this (if not help), may be additional recommendations.
Developers, after words "try to SYNC ALL in your account", also can send user to this page with official problem solution or info "what to do".

No position - is not a right way.

May be one of us, already have solutions to fix problem, without "SYNC ALL" recommendation.
And what to do after user already try "SYNC ALL" few times, and this not help?

Perfectly understand that authorisation problems need from RS side additional time to check what's happened, and time to fix it. And this is not RE developers territory.

But its play negative wave from users side to Developer / RackExtension platform / RS reputations all.

I believe there possible to find solution to optimise answers to the users, with helpful info, (like a list "try to do" and If not help, "write to support".. This can really help to users and developers save the time, not gave negative reactions and etc.

Its not the critic, just a idea to create info content as official position to the same problems (when user need to SYNC ALL).

Thank you.
Last edited by turn2on on 28 Mar 2021, edited 5 times in total.

Billy+

28 Mar 2021

Yeah I haven't been to the shop in months now, nor have I updated to the latest update because of all the issues being spoken about with account/device sync problems but I was under the impression that there were loads of fixes that should have corrected the issue.

But it's clear that it hasn't.

I would also like to see the licensing changed so you can activate at least two machines especially now ignition keys are being removed. Reason is the only software I have that won't allow me to activate my main machine and a mobile device (laptop)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

Had to Sync All NINE times before all my REs downloaded!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

28 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2021
Are you running the latest version of Reason and authorizer?

Does it actually give better messages or allow retry?
bugfix11.3.9 wrote: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 9-released
Bug fixes

If the Reason+ Companion app has been uninstalled, Reason now falls back to Authorizer for updating licenses, even for active Reason+ subscribers
Trailing and leading whitespaces are automatically trimmed from Reason login username field
Go To product page removed from Help menu for built in devices
Improved performance for Rack Extension panels and glass/dirt overlay graphics
Fixed a memory leak when loading samples
Fixed a bug that made Calc wheel displaying incorrect status
Fixed a bug that made it impossible to use keyboard to move notes above or below existing notes of same length in the piano roll in Edit mode
Fixed bug that caused a crash when bouncing a mono clip to MP3
Fixed a bug in Remote where controls scales incorrectly between control surfaces and Reason. Stepped controls mapped to knobs/faders and stepped outputs mapped to smooth displays were incorrectly scaled
Fixed a bug with malfunctioning external inputs on iZotope Neutron 3 (and possibly other plugins)
Fixed a bug that caused Redrum to crash if user did Delete Sample in the Assigned Samples list in the Song Samples page in the browser
Fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening Sample Edit window for some users on macOS Big Sur
Fixed a bug with song samples browser in Kong
Fixed bug that caused easy midi not to work on Windows
Fixed a bug with Auto-routing of send / return sockets in Rack Extensions
Improved error message for communication error alert
Improved error message when downloading Rack Extension license fails
Added retry option when Rack Extension license download fails

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Mar 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2021
Are you running the latest version of Reason and authorizer?

Does it actually give better messages or allow retry?
bugfix11.3.9 wrote: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 9-released
Bug fixes

If the Reason+ Companion app has been uninstalled, Reason now falls back to Authorizer for updating licenses, even for active Reason+ subscribers
Trailing and leading whitespaces are automatically trimmed from Reason login username field
Go To product page removed from Help menu for built in devices
Improved performance for Rack Extension panels and glass/dirt overlay graphics
Fixed a memory leak when loading samples
Fixed a bug that made Calc wheel displaying incorrect status
Fixed a bug that made it impossible to use keyboard to move notes above or below existing notes of same length in the piano roll in Edit mode
Fixed bug that caused a crash when bouncing a mono clip to MP3
Fixed a bug in Remote where controls scales incorrectly between control surfaces and Reason. Stepped controls mapped to knobs/faders and stepped outputs mapped to smooth displays were incorrectly scaled
Fixed a bug with malfunctioning external inputs on iZotope Neutron 3 (and possibly other plugins)
Fixed a bug that caused Redrum to crash if user did Delete Sample in the Assigned Samples list in the Song Samples page in the browser
Fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening Sample Edit window for some users on macOS Big Sur
Fixed a bug with song samples browser in Kong
Fixed bug that caused easy midi not to work on Windows
Fixed a bug with Auto-routing of send / return sockets in Rack Extensions
Improved error message for communication error alert
Improved error message when downloading Rack Extension license fails
Added retry option when Rack Extension license download fails
I'm running Reason 10.4. All my drivers and programs are up to date. I'm not saying Authorizer isn't working. I'm saying I press Sync All and maybe 30 REs download and install. Then I have to press Sync All again to get maybe 20 and so on. Always been like this.
Weird thing is though, I've downloaded every single RE I own and all the ones I've tried load fine. I'd go as far as to say I reckon they'd all load fine. For some reason though the newly updated Turn2on Reasonator won't load. It shows up but a can't add it. I've already written about this in the Turn2on thread so I'll keep to that one so it doesn't become a duplicate.
Oh yeah...I have not and will not download and install R+ so that is not what's causing the problem.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

28 Mar 2021

ReasonTalk: “come on, fix the Authorizer, we’ve been complaining about this bull$#!¥ for years!”

RS: ...

RS: ...

RS: “umm...”

RS: “here’sanothersynthokaybyeeeee” <runs away>
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

28 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2021
I'm running Reason 10.4.
So there's no benefit for you then as the fixes are V11.3.9 only.

I was having issues with safari and authorizer a while back and installed Firefox which gave better results.
I can't actually browse the shop using safari on El Capitan anymore I'm not sure what RS did but it's definitely their end as every other site is fine.

And the solution from support was get a different browser which works but isn't the point as I prefer to use the default option and they say El Capitan is supported by them. I get the browser is old now but it's not real the point.

turn2on
RE Developer

28 Mar 2021

My fault, plan to publish into developer sub forum topic.
If possible, admins, please move it to dev talks.
All developers can receive questions about how to get working RE without SYNC ALL button in account

joeyluck

28 Mar 2021

turn2on wrote:
28 Mar 2021
My fault, plan to publish into developer sub forum topic.
If possible, admins, please move it to dev talks.
All developers can receive questions about how to get working RE without SYNC ALL button in account
Ok. For others please keep your comments or complaints as users to other appropriate threads. Unless if you have something to add that is more on topic with the dev point of view and handling of licensing issues from a dev perspective. Thanks!

• Information