Reason 11.3.9 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

22 Mar 2021

Onkel Paul wrote:
22 Mar 2021
I have switched to Studio One and that was like entering a different world.
I own Studio One as well (picked it up when I decided Reaper just wasn't a good fit). In the end, the world was certainly different for me as well: I found S1 completely uninspiring. :lol: I wish I didn't, as Studio One's sequencer is much more powerful, but I just find it hard to get inspired. I'm sitting on 4.x and haven't updated to 5.2. I've watched a ton of the 5.2 launch videos, though. Maybe if a sale comes along I'll bite.

Afterall, these are all toys at the end of the day... ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

22 Mar 2021

Enoch...100 pages.

EnochLight

23 Mar 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Mar 2021
Enoch...100 pages.
95 more to go!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

23 Mar 2021

EnochLight wrote:
23 Mar 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Mar 2021
Enoch...100 pages.
95 more to go!
🕺

mcatalao
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2021

May them be fixes or new things, I'm happy to see new stuff on the stand alone.

The Neutron 3 issue was older than my dad's mustache... I can now vouch that it is solved for N2 and N3.

pquenin

24 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Mar 2021
Absolute Snap, a new snap setting where events always snap to the grid
Thank you for this one, I didn't remember that feature, the default "relative" snap was driving me crazy...

Calazzus

25 Mar 2021

Is anyone experiencing opening up a project and for some reason the default page stays present? I could almost swear anytime I opened a project in the past, the default page would turn into the project that I'm opening. Now I have to x out the default page after I open a project.

Creativemind

26 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 Mar 2021
Jagwah wrote:
20 Mar 2021

No someone else wrote it, then at Prop's request it was deleted. Then I made a thread asking about it and that was moved to The Kitchen and locked.

Ryan hinted at it in the latest video but that's not to be spoken of apparently :twisted:
No, the OP requested it be deleted.
So did Ryan give us any more info on this ghostly Combinator update being worked on?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Billy+

26 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 Mar 2021

So did Ryan give us any more info on this ghostly Combinator update being worked on?
:lol: yep, he call us a bunch of goofballs and said CMBV2 was not his department

RoryM0

26 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 Mar 2021

Nothing to see here apparently.

DaveyG

26 Mar 2021

I'm so over Combinator 2.
Combinator 3 is gonna be much better.

Creativemind

26 Mar 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021

But apparently Ryan did respond on said thread. No other info then? I'm guessing no but no harm in asking. Reason Studio's / Propellerhead do like to be tight lipped lol!

RoryM0

26 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
26 Mar 2021

But apparently Ryan did respond on said thread. No other info then? I'm guessing no but no harm in asking. Reason Studio's / Propellerhead do like to be tight lipped lol!
He did respond but it was along the lines of I never said we were actively working on combinator 2, and that people were wrong to be speculating that RS were working on a combinator 2. Then the thread got deleted.

Creativemind

26 Mar 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021

He did respond but it was along the lines of I never said we were actively working on combinator 2, and that people were wrong to be speculating that RS were working on a combinator 2. Then the thread got deleted.
Oh ok. I get it. He's been severely reprimanded lol!

It's not like he can say, "he didn't say it", there is video evidence lol!

To be honest, I find their silence and tight lipped approach a bit rude. Especially since we've collectively given them a lot of money and it comes across also as a bit stubborn and arrogant too. Other companies aren't like this are they, such as Presonus, they're quite open about what's coming in future updates aren't they so I gather from peoples responses on here?

joeyluck

26 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
26 Mar 2021

Oh ok. I get it. He's been severely reprimanded lol!

It's not like he can say, "he didn't say it", there is video evidence lol!
No like I said, the OP requested it be deleted.

There was confusion about what was said. Ryan merely said they were looking into it. The thread here said that it was confirmed to be under development. I helped my updating the title, but the OP preferred the thread just be deleted.

The OP was not trying to mislead anybody and was not intentionally trying to put words in someone else's mouth and draw conclusions from nothing. It was just a misunderstanding. It is certainly not a stretch to imagine that something with the combinator might be under development if it's being looked into, but that's all that was said.

Nobody is being reprimanded. Nobody is being silenced :-)
Feel free to talk about any potential combinator 2 updates or rumors in any of the numerous "combinator update" threads. I'm 100% certain that if there's a combinator 2, it won't be a part of 11.3.9...

Jagwah

02 Apr 2021

There's a little epilogue to this tale of sadness,

I made a thread about it because I was curious.

I asked what happened to the thread about the words Ryan spoke?

And for some reason Challism locked it as some kind of joke.

:shock:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7522365

^^

Billy+

02 Apr 2021

Jagwah wrote:
02 Apr 2021
There's a little epilogue to this tale of sadness,

I made a thread about it because I was curious.

I asked what happened to the thread about the words Ryan spoke?

And for some reason Challism locked it as some kind of joke.

:shock:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7522365

^^
You only have to watch the stream to hear what Ryan said! There I made a direct link to the comment 7 minutes and 45 seconds :thumbs_up:

plaingraywall

24 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
10 Mar 2021
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
  • Feature: Shift+doubleclick on note in Edit mode selects that note + all following notes until end of clip
  • Reason now falls back to Authorizer for updating licences, if Companion has been uninstalled, even for active Reason+ subscribers
  • Trailing and leading whitespaces are automatically trimmed from Reason login username field
  • Go To product page removed from Help menu for built in devices
  • Improved performance for Rack Extension panels and glass / dirt overlay graphics
  • Fixed a memory leak when loading samples
  • Fixed a bug that made Calc wheel displaying incorrect status
  • Fixed a bug that made it impossible to use keyboard to move notes above or below existing notes of same length in piano roll
  • Fixed bug that caused crash when bouncing mono clip to MP3
  • Fixed a bug in Remote where controls scales incorrectly between control surfaces and Reason. Stepped controls mapped to knobs/faders and stepped outputs mapped to smooth -displays were incorrectly scaled
  • Fixed a bug with malfunctioning external inputs on iZotope Neutron 3 (and possibly other plugins) in Reason Suite/Intro/Lite
  • Fixed a bug that caused Redrum to crash if user did Delete Sample in the Assigned Samples list in the Song Samples page in the browser
  • Fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening Sample Edit window for some users on macOS Big Sur
  • Fixed a bug with song samples browser refresh in Kong
  • Fixed bug that caused easy midi not to work on Windows
  • Fixed a bug with Auto-routing of send / return sockets in Rack Extensions
  • Improved error message for communication error alert
  • Improved error message when downloading Rack Extension license fails
  • Added retry option when Rack Extension license download fails
---

Lot's of stuff :D
Is anyone else having problems exporting to MP3 on the Mac version of 11.3.9? Mine crashes whenever I try it...

geronimo

24 Apr 2021

No crash at home under SIERRA (10.12.6.) _

integerpoet

24 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021
To be honest, I find their silence and tight lipped approach a bit rude. Especially since we've collectively given them a lot of money and it comes across also as a bit stubborn and arrogant too. Other companies aren't like this are they, such as Presonus, they're quite open about what's coming in future updates aren't they so I gather from peoples responses on here?
Each developer decides whether and how to communicate future development plans based on a cost/benefit analysis of predicted marketing and sales effects. Some believe openness is to their benefit; others do not. Some developers announce future products or features and then find themselves feeling obligated to release something that resembles what they've announced even if it didn't turn out very well. Other developers find themselves forced to publicly cancel announced products or features whose development has failed. Still other developers don't announce anything until they are confident they can release a high-quality version of it, and some of those don't announce until release day. Some developers think surprise is a competitive advantage; others would rather do speculative battle with the potential future products of their rivals. Each developer is in the best position to predict what will benefit itself; the rest of us can only engage in vastly-less-informed speculation. Words like "rude", "stubborn", and "arrogant" don't really address anything in this realm.

Creativemind

24 Apr 2021

People always request more knobs and buttons for a Combinator II, what about a sliding panel on the front that when an icon is pressed, has it slide from right to left revealing another 4 knobs and buttons and this can be done 3 times so you can have up to 16 knobs and buttons?

gkillmaster

17 May 2021

I just purchased Reason 11 and I've tried for hours to figure out why the installer won't open in Big Sur (11.3.1; Reason version 11.3.9)

So, I bought it, but can't install it. Anyone else having issues? I've tried all the usual, reload, reboot, using multiple unzippers etc...

Tinnitus

18 May 2021

Issue in 11.3.9 to do with audio quantisation. Sharing it here incase props missed his video evidence.

epoch

23 May 2021

Tinnitus wrote:
18 May 2021
Issue in 11.3.9 to do with audio quantisation. Sharing it here incase props missed his video evidence.
Out of interest, does this also happen if you use a 256 or 512 samples buffer in 11.3.9?

Also, does it still happen on 11.3.9 with a 2048 buffer if you use your built-in mic and audio on the Mac instead of your Element24 audio device?

moalla

23 May 2021

So my beloved Reason 10 Download has gone from my reasonstudios account, is this now how it works now?
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

• Information