SYNR Drum Synthesizer by Ekssperimental Sounds in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 424
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 26 Mar 2021

Panel_Front_2U_1650.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg
Panel_Back_2U_1650.jpg.10000x10000_q85.jpg
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

SYNR is a homage to drumsynths of yesteryears. It draws inspiration from various circuits and are great for creating those classic disco toms, thunder snares and ring modulated metallic sounds. It tracks perfectly across the keyboard and can thereby also be used as a synthesizer for playing melodies and basslines full of character.
• Classic drum synthesis
• 2 EG, 2 OSC, 1 LFO, Ring Mod, Noise, VCF
• Plenty of CV connectivity
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 11 Suite, Win10

Mataya
Posts: 190
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 26 Mar 2021

I just don't have any more money for this awesome treats. :(

M

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1508
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 26 Mar 2021

I think that’s eight RE releases for the year so far... wow!!

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

Image


User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Mar 2021
I think that’s eight RE releases for the year so far... wow!!
Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 424
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 26 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄
At first I thought you'd updated the Drumsyn GUI for some reason, but noooo, you released another GAS-inducing RE. :-) You need to chill!
:reason: 11 Suite, Win10

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

Adabler wrote:
26 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄
At first I thought you'd updated the Drumsyn GUI for some reason, but noooo, you released another GAS-inducing RE. :-) You need to chill!
Hahah! Yes, i need a vacation soon - this past year has been intense, but oh so fun to create all these REs!!
I only got a couple more that needs finishing up before I take a break 😄

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1508
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 26 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Mar 2021
I think that’s eight RE releases for the year so far... wow!!
Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄
How long is the band?! Regardless, congrats, again. :)

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3971
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 26 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Mar 2021
I think that’s eight RE releases for the year so far... wow!!
I was just gonna say, is this Re dev going for the world record of the most Re releases in a year? :lol:
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3971
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 26 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Mar 2021
I think that’s eight RE releases for the year so far... wow!!
Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄
Will there be a video demonstrating this?

Until Reason Studio's change their policy on trialing Re's, I'm reluctant to trial any now lol!
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021


Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄
How long is the band?! Regardless, congrats, again. :)
I think two more releases before my break ;)

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021


Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄
Will there be a video demonstrating this?

Until Reason Studio's change their policy on trialing Re's, I'm reluctant to trial any now lol!
Not planned but thanks for the idea! I think i could do a simpel demo early next week!

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021


Busy winter and now their coming out like a pearl band 😄
Will there be a video demonstrating this?

Until Reason Studio's change their policy on trialing Re's, I'm reluctant to trial any now lol!
Btw, what’s the policy making you reluctant?

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3971
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 26 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Creativemind wrote:
26 Mar 2021


Will there be a video demonstrating this?

Until Reason Studio's change their policy on trialing Re's, I'm reluctant to trial any now lol!
Btw, what’s the policy making you reluctant?
Sorry just meant that if I trial it for 30 days but I can't afford to buy it now, when I do have the money, I can't trial it again. It'd be better if you could have ten 1 day trials instead of one 30 day trial.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 585
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 26 Mar 2021

Will there be a bundle at some point? These are all great devices that would compliment each other well in a collection.

Agreed with Creativemind about the trial system. There's a heap of RE's I foolishly trialled in the past but didn't test thoroughly. Now I'll never take the leap to buy them. These days I'm super careful when and what I trial.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1508
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 26 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
26 Mar 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Mar 2021

How long is the band?! Regardless, congrats, again. :)
I think two more releases before my break ;)
Hot damn!

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 27 Mar 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Will there be a bundle at some point? These are all great devices that would compliment each other well in a collection.

Agreed with Creativemind about the trial system. There's a heap of RE's I foolishly trialled in the past but didn't test thoroughly. Now I'll never take the leap to buy them. These days I'm super careful when and what I trial.

Yes I think I’m going to make a couple of bundles, like maybe one with fxs and one with instruments.. not sure yet :)

Ahh, it would be nice if there was a timer counting the actual usage of the trial, I think I’ve also downloaded a trial and forgot to use it sometimes 🤭

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 585
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 27 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
zoidkirb wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Will there be a bundle at some point? These are all great devices that would compliment each other well in a collection.

Agreed with Creativemind about the trial system. There's a heap of RE's I foolishly trialled in the past but didn't test thoroughly. Now I'll never take the leap to buy them. These days I'm super careful when and what I trial.

Yes I think I’m going to make a couple of bundles, like maybe one with fxs and one with instruments.. not sure yet :)

Ahh, it would be nice if there was a timer counting the actual usage of the trial, I think I’ve also downloaded a trial and forgot to use it sometimes 🤭
Nice! Maybe a few different combinations of devices bundled to cater for different tastes.

And yeah RS should do something about the trials as they're kinda leaving money on the table as it stands. It's not that 30 days isn't generous that's the problem.

Gosh
Posts: 38
Joined: 16 Jul 2015

Post 28 Mar 2021

May I ask what the difference is between Synr and Drumsyn? If you are thinking about instrument and effects bundles maybe a drum synth bundle might also make sense.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 28 Mar 2021

Gosh wrote:
28 Mar 2021
May I ask what the difference is between Synr and Drumsyn? If you are thinking about instrument and effects bundles maybe a drum synth bundle might also make sense.
Drumsyn is a clone of THC Syncussion SY-1, which in turn is a clone of Pearl SY-1.. so it is configured to match up with my hardware clone as close as possible.
SYNR is more “free” so to say. It also add Ring modulation. The inner routings are different, as well as the controls for operating it. I think best way to know the difference is to try them :)

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 29 Mar 2021

Did a screen recording while fiddling around with SYNR and RB Sequences, like an improvised demo of some of the sounds you can get out of SYNR. First 10 min is kind of boring so feel free to jump ahead (or just jump around in the video, it’s pretty random and doesn’t result in a song or anything like that).

Anyway, sequences is also on sale at the moment and it’s really great so if you don’t have it already I really recommend it!


Steedus
Posts: 447
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 31 Mar 2021

Thanks for the video. I'm actually interested in this now - even though I'm not really interested in the drum side of it haha ;)

I agree with a few of the other posts about "single use" trials. They're really only valuable if you're already on the verge of a purchase anyway. Where-as with trials limited in other ways (audio cut outs / limited features etc), I'll try at random because if I like it I've discovered something cool, if not I haven't haven't lost anything, and who knows maybe I just didn't give it enough time. I can come back to it at a later time. (which I've definitely done and purchased plugins this way)

With the "single use" trials they basically start a hard count-down in my head. At the end of the trial if I haven't fully gotten into it - or for whatever reason haven't had time to get into it - then I won't buy it, and with the trial done and dusted for eternity it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll never come back and consider risking a full licence later on.

Anyway .. back to the thread topic! :redface:

It looks interesting.

Steedus
Posts: 447
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 02 Apr 2021

Hey ekss, so despite my previous comment, I'm trialling this one and I think I've noticed a small bug.

If you drop one in the rack, any instrument (of any maker) you drop in the rack after SYNR doesn't load up a new mixer channel, instead it gets auto routed into the SYNR Mix In input.

So basically if you have a SYNR in the rack and DON'T want to route something into it's input, then you have to first manually create a mix channel below it in order to get back to Reason's usual behaviour. Does that make sense?

Not sure if this could be considered a bug, but I gotta admit it's a bit annoying!

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 02 Apr 2021

Steedus wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Hey ekss, so despite my previous comment, I'm trialling this one and I think I've noticed a small bug.

If you drop one in the rack, any instrument (of any maker) you drop in the rack after SYNR doesn't load up a new mixer channel, instead it gets auto routed into the SYNR Mix In input.

So basically if you have a SYNR in the rack and DON'T want to route something into it's input, then you have to first manually create a mix channel below it in order to get back to Reason's usual behaviour. Does that make sense?

Not sure if this could be considered a bug, but I gotta admit it's a bit annoying!

Hi!
Yeah, it's not a bug, just the auto routing for the mix input doing what it should. At first I thought this was very convenient when stacking up instances like one big drumsynth, but after some weeks of use I'm starting to think I should disable the auto routing, like you say it's a bit annoying when you just want one SYNR and then add another instrument and have to make a mix channel first. I'm pretty sure it's possible to just remove it - there are some limitations of updates to ensure backwards compatibility but i don't think the routing has an effect there.

You're the first to mention it and it's also the same behaviour in DRUMSYN which has been out a bit longer and no comments on this there either.. Would be interesting to hear what others think, should I remove the auto routing?

Steedus
Posts: 447
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 02 Apr 2021

^ no worries. If it's how you want it and I'm the first to bring it up then all good. Just seemed odd to me personally and I thought I'd mention it.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Sterioevo and 1 guest