NEKTAR P Series and Reason 11 no sequencer work

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
polysix

22 Mar 2021

Hello dear forums members,

Has the Redrum Sequencer for the panorama P series not worked properly for you since the last Reason 11 update? In the Redrum step sequencer mode, all LEDs under the Fader on the pamora are now on and should actually be off to set the steps. The steps no longer work in Rob papens predator either.

Is that the same with you?

GlacierRays

25 Mar 2021

EDIT: I finally fixed my issues, and although it seems like it won't be the same fix for you, I'll list it anyway just in case. I did 2 things:

1: I turned off MIDI implementation in Chrome, which might have been affecting things, apparently Chrome likes to take control of MIDI which can stop other software using them. Enter chrome://settings/content into the address bar, then scroll down to permissions, click 'additional permissions' and turn off the MIDI slider.

2: This might be Korg-specific, but might also affect other devices as well? Basically Windows assigns devices to MIDI channels automatically in the order they are plugged in, and for some reason apparently MIDI controllers assigned to channels in the double-digits (i.e MIDI 10+) can have trouble being recognised (this might just be a Korg driver thing, not sure). So I used the "Uninstall Korg USB MIDI Device" program to uninstall the device that was in slot 1, then my controller (which was in slot 10), then replug the controller and it autoassigned it to slot 1.

And now my keyboard works fine in Reason again over USB! I wish I'd tested it after doing one thing at a time as the problem might have been only one of them, but i'm just glad it's ok now. I'll leave my original comment below with strikethrough for context.

- - -

ORIGINAL REPLY:
I don't use a Nektar P Series, but I have had hardware issues since update 11.3.7 or 11.3.8 (went straight from 11.3.6 to 11.3.8 so can't be sure exactly which update did it), I hoped the new 11.3.9 update would fix it because of the line about 'easy midi' in the patch notes but it hasn't so far - which is why I'm back here looking for solutions.

My issue is my controller isn't detected by Reason at all over USB. It was working perfectly fine on the older versions, then suddenly stopped working - and it still works fine over USB on my old Macbook Pro running Reason 7. At the time I also saw people saying their Novation Impulse had stopped working too, so it seems to be affecting lots of different hardware devices (but obviously doesn't affect everyone, or I imagine this forum would be filled with people complaining).

The workaround I had was to use the MIDI Out port on my controller, into the MIDI In of my audio interface, instead of relying just on the USB - and that worked fine, but since I installed 11.3.9 even that now isn't working. So unless I've done something wrong, the update actually appears to have made my problem *worse* and my controller is now completely unusable LOL.

Hopefully they're still looking into this, but I'm going to keep uninstalling / reinstalling drivers today in the hopes that provides a miracle cure (it didn't the last 5 times though), then I'll raise a support ticket with them. I recommend you raise a support ticket too

polysix

26 Mar 2021

Thank you so much for your support. At the weakend I take a look. I do not have chrome but I have korg plugins installed. I delete all the find the issues.
If I can't find something it is time for a fresh windows 10 install with only reason. If the fresh install can't solve my problem I let nektar tech support know.

polysix

26 Mar 2021

Thank you so much for your support. At the weakend I take a look. I do not have chrome but I have korg plugins installed. I delete all the find the issues.
If I can't find something it is time for a fresh windows 10 install with only reason. If the fresh install can't solve my problem I let nektar tech support know.

polysix

29 Mar 2021

O. K I have do a fresh install. That do not solve the problem. If I install the last Reason update readrum do not work on my p4 in seq mode.
I do send nektar tech a message but I must say a year waiting for a new update version.. Hmmm I don't know I hope there faster.

polysix

29 Apr 2021

With the next P series update Nektar tech will fix it...

Stamatz

28 May 2021

I have the same issue. On Redrum, when I select the SEQ button on my P4 and then RUN, the buttons light up. It used to be the buttons only light up when I select a step but now they all light up and when selecting a step the light goes off to display a step. I believe it used to work the opposite. When a step was selected the light would illuminate.

Has anyone found a way to fix this?
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

polysix

28 May 2021

I do have a contact to nektar tech. Justin says there can repruduce the issues and will fix it with the next update.
If you send them a message there know that more users have the problem. I hope there fix it fast...

Stamatz

29 May 2021

I sent them a message via support, hoping there is an update soon, thanks.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

• Information