Enlightenspeed MeloDramatik in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 Mar 2021

Gardinski wrote:
23 Mar 2021
Brian!!! You've excelled yourself with these last two videos.
Fantastic! :D
Gardinski wrote:
23 Mar 2021
walking into a swanky party with a massive tray of Bombay Mix, throwing it up in the air like confetti and shouting "LOOK AT ME! I'M NUTS!"... A great way to ensure you'd never be invited back.
I need to find a party swanky enough for this to become a reality... I'd love to do it :D
Gardinski wrote:
23 Mar 2021
But all of a sudden, it's actually beginning to make sense. I hadn't even glanced at the section with the 'passes' and 'mutes' until now.
Ultimately, I think the issue was that I hadn't "watched myself" using it, before sitting down and trying to describe it to others. I'll keep this in mind for videos going forward, especially for the next device coming out, which might confuse people even more :D

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 Mar 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Yeah great vids Brian. I've got this but hadn't had time to really dig in to what appears a very complex rack device so far. But this is certainly the sort of device I like to use in music making, will put it in a project today and see where it takes me :thumbup: .
I might still do one more, as a tips'n'tricks thing - but it'll depend on whether the concept actually works. :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Mar 2021

...and we finally have the v1.0.1 update available in the shop.

For those who haven't been following the thread, this adds the Step and Rate controls to the individual patterns, rather than just the global version.

Now, what to do for the next feature update... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 Mar 2021

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that the sale period for this is almost up. Keep in mind that this sale is extra discounted and it won’t be going this cheap again anytime soon 😂

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 Mar 2021

... and into the final 24 hours of the discounted intro pricing we go. Sale ends at Midnight CET tomorrow 😊

Thanks to everyone for the simply amazing response so far, this has been quite easily our fastest selling RE so far! Thanks also to those who were giving me good advice regarding videos, which I’m sure have aided this process immeasurably 😊

Lastly, thanks again to all of the testing crew who did everything to make this a pretty much flawless release, and then immediately started work on the next Enlightenspeed release! Hopefully the rest of you will see the next one really soon, now.

Cheers and stay safe,
Brian

bidaar

05 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
30 Mar 2021
... and into the final 24 hours of the discounted intro pricing we go. Sale ends at Midnight CET tomorrow 😊

Thanks to everyone for the simply amazing response so far, this has been quite easily our fastest selling RE so far! Thanks also to those who were giving me good advice regarding videos, which I’m sure have aided this process immeasurably 😊

Lastly, thanks again to all of the testing crew who did everything to make this a pretty much flawless release, and then immediately started work on the next Enlightenspeed release! Hopefully the rest of you will see the next one really soon, now.

Cheers and stay safe,
Brian
good thing that I bought it ! I like it it reminds me a little bit of the chordbank , I have your Player Suite . So I knew this cant be bad So grabbed it .
but didnt like most of the videos you put out about it I think most of em couldnt how great this REs but I remember a few of em made me hooked ! but maybe in your next video demonstrate how to have more control on the percentage of the Randomization , So we could for example make only what we want and Randomize them . more about the Setting tab that has those dices . also I expected when I open an init patch over a melody I could hear it without any change . right now it makes a little change to the tone because of the scale so Idk if I made my self clear on the last point but when I open RE on my melody it changes the melody a bit without me doing anything or pressing any button
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Apr 2021

Hi Bidaar,

Thanks for pointing these out to me, and I'm glad you are having fun with MeloDramatik! :D
bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021
maybe in your next video demonstrate how to have more control on the percentage of the Randomization , So we could for example make only what we want and Randomize them . more about the Setting tab that has those dices .
Consider it done! I had originally planned to do a quick vid for the Randomize functions but I got dragged away to other stuff. I'll be doing videos again this week, so I'll make sure this is included :D

bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021
also I expected when I open an init patch over a melody I could hear it without any change . right now it makes a little change to the tone because of the scale so Idk if I made my self clear on the last point but when I open RE on my melody it changes the melody a bit without me doing anything or pressing any button
This will be updated ASAP :D
Hopefully the update to this, which also includes some graphics stuff will be available before the end of the week. Difficult for me to guarantee any timescales though, as it is entirely out of my hands.

Cheers,
Brian

Gardinski

06 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021
also I expected when I open an init patch over a melody I could hear it without any change . right now it makes a little change to the tone because of the scale so Idk if I made my self clear on the last point but when I open RE on my melody it changes the melody a bit without me doing anything or pressing any button
Hi Bidaar,

Regarding your last point about the unwanted changes to your original melody, if you set the scale to 'chromatic' that should overcome any initial alterations, as it effectively prevents the notes from being filtered according to scale. (In chromatic, all 12 semitones are 'accepted' without any tweaks.)

Of course, if you're wanting to play the melody 'straight' (unaltered) at the beginning of your track, you could simply automate the on-off setting in the sequencer's device lane, which would achieve the same result. Set it to 'off' at the start, and then 'on' whenever you want the changes to kick in.

bidaar

06 Apr 2021

Gardinski wrote:
06 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021
Hi Bidaar,

Regarding your last point about the unwanted changes to your original melody, if you set the scale to 'chromatic' that should overcome any initial alterations, as it effectively prevents the notes from being filtered according to scale. (In chromatic, all 12 semitones are 'accepted' without any tweaks.)

Of course, if you're wanting to play the melody 'straight' (unaltered) at the beginning of your track, you could simply automate the on-off setting in the sequencer's device lane, which would achieve the same result. Set it to 'off' at the start, and then 'on' whenever you want the changes to kick in.
Thanks I know about turning of the player . and kinda same as Chromatic . what I mean is if I have my synth playing through Scales and Chords with a C major setting , and if I open a Melodramatik through that and put it on C major as well I expected to hear the same melody , before I try to tweak anything .
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

bidaar

06 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2021
Hi Bidaar,

Thanks for pointing these out to me, and I'm glad you are having fun with MeloDramatik! :D
bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021
maybe in your next video demonstrate how to have more control on the percentage of the Randomization , So we could for example make only what we want and Randomize them . more about the Setting tab that has those dices .
Consider it done! I had originally planned to do a quick vid for the Randomize functions but I got dragged away to other stuff. I'll be doing videos again this week, so I'll make sure this is included :D

bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021
Hopefully the update to this, which also includes some graphics stuff will be available before the end of the week. Difficult for me to guarantee any timescales though, as it is entirely out of my hands.

Cheers,
Brian
thanks for your answer Brian Im so glad Im supporting your work because you are always responsing asap and active in making new REs unlike many others . cant wait to see the updates of what I bought , and waiting to do some crazy unexpected stuff with it BUT Im also need to master it to control the randimization amount in every section for example sometimes I may need to change a midi about 5 percent and keep 95 of it intact . also I gotta combine it with Loopcracker Suite and use all of em in some crazy creative way :D ;)

bidaar

06 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2021
Hi Bidaar,

bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021

Cheers,
Brian
idk how to only use one section of your text and reply to it ... but about the problem I mention about the tone changing in an init patch ... did you notice and decided to change this before or now that I mentioned it ?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
thanks for your answer Brian Im so glad Im supporting your work because you are always responsing asap and active in making new REs unlike many others . cant wait to see the updates of what I bought , and waiting to do some crazy unexpected stuff with it BUT Im also need to master it to control the randimization amount in every section for example sometimes I may need to change a midi about 5 percent and keep 95 of it intact . also I gotta combine it with Loopcracker Suite and use all of em in some crazy creative way :D ;)
Don't get too excited yet, this is just some minor graphics tweaks, including a flow diagram on the back to make things a bit more understandable. There's plenty more to get added over the coming months though, and another new release within the next few days :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
did you notice and decided to change this before or now that I mentioned it ?
Believe it or not it should have been done like this before the first release, it's actually an acceptance testing requirement but RS let me away with it.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
idk how to only use one section of your text and reply to it ...
Ok,

when you hit the quotation mark to respond and you see the text that you are quoting, you will notice that the text is inside some weird looking text that includes some stuff like the user id etc. You don't need to know the specifics of what is in the brackets, you just need to know that these are called "tags" and they are the basis of BBCode (Bulletin Board Code); you may also note that when you hit Submit and read the post, they don't present like this. BBCode is basically a child of HTML, and runs inside it - so if you get good with BBCode then you may wish to start messing around with HTML and web design :D

So long as you don't mess with the stuff inside the tags (between the [ square brackets ] ), then you can edit the text inside them as much as you want:

[opening tag, leave this bit alone]

Edit this bit as much as you want

[closing tag, leave this alone too]

The closing tag is always the one with the "/" just before it says quote. Because each one is a start or an end, then if you wish to have one quote relate to a prior quote then that quote would normally sit entirely inside the other one, like this:

[new tag start]
[older tag start]
[older tag finish]
[new tag finish]

This is called nesting, and is one of the most important concepts in HTML/XML/BBCode/JSON/YAML...... a biiiiig looooooong list of formatting styles which includes .repatch files too :D

I'll let you learn it yourself from here, but it's lots of fun to learn,

Cheers,
Brian

bidaar

07 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
Don't get too excited yet, this is just some minor graphics tweaks, including a flow diagram on the back to make things a bit more understandable. There's plenty more to get added over the coming months though, and another new release within the next few days :D
its all good . even the smiplest Updates makes me feel good because I know the developers of it care and are trying to make it better even in appearance department . cant wait to be free from deadlined projects to hop in and experiment heavily with it

bidaar

07 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
did you notice and decided to change this before or now that I mentioned it ?
Believe it or not it should have been done like this before the first release, it's actually an acceptance testing requirement but RS let me away with it.
yeah Im glad at leaast its going to be fixed , because when I open it on anything I expect to hear the same thing I had and start experimenting , not to spend/waste some time to go and mess with the scale etc because even with previous player being on C major this one while being on C major still changes the melody a bit , thanks again

bidaar

07 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
idk how to only use one section of your text and reply to it ...
Ok,

when you hit the quotation mark to respond and you see the text that you are quoting, you will notice that the text is inside some weird looking text that includes some stuff like the user id etc. You don't need to know the specifics of what is in the brackets, you just need to know that these are called "tags" and they are the basis of BBCode (Bulletin Board Code); you may also note that when you hit Submit and read the post, they don't present like this. BBCode is basically a child of HTML, and runs inside it - so if you get good with BBCode then you may wish to start messing around with HTML and web design :D

So long as you don't mess with the stuff inside the tags (between the [ square brackets ] ), then you can edit the text inside them as much as you want:

[opening tag, leave this bit alone]

Edit this bit as much as you want

[closing tag, leave this alone too]

The closing tag is always the one with the "/" just before it says quote. Because each one is a start or an end, then if you wish to have one quote relate to a prior quote then that quote would normally sit entirely inside the other one, like this:

[new tag start]
[older tag start]
[older tag finish]
[new tag finish]

This is called nesting, and is one of the most important concepts in HTML/XML/BBCode/JSON/YAML...... a biiiiig looooooong list of formatting styles which includes .repatch files too :D

I'll let you learn it yourself from here, but it's lots of fun to learn,

Cheers,
Brian
aaww arent you the kindest ? I didnt want to bother you with my Nooby question means a lot that you put the time to explain this to me , Im going to try it and use it :D you're the best brian ! cheers !

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
07 Apr 2021
Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Apr 2021

yeah Im glad at leaast its going to be fixed , because when I open it on anything I expect to hear the same thing I had and start experimenting , not to spend/waste some time to go and mess with the scale etc because even with previous player being on C major this one while being on C major still changes the melody a bit , thanks again
Just to be clear on this, what we actually did was set the "default" so that when you right-click and hit 'Reset Patch' it goes to the non-processing settings. :D

This way you still get a basic what does it do on the opening patch, but if you have you Reason set to open on blank patches, then this gives you the non-processing version first. If you use it as patches loaded, then you get a patch loaded. This way of doing it seemed to make the most sense.

The build for this has been submitted and should be out soon. It also features a nice flow diagram on the back :D
We've also started work on some new stuff in MeloDramatik that will hopefully be available before the May Madness sale.

Cheers,
Brian

bidaar

09 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
07 Apr 2021

Just to be clear on this, what we actually did was set the "default" so that when you right-click and hit 'Reset Patch' it goes to the non-processing settings. :D

This way you still get a basic what does it do on the opening patch, but if you have you Reason set to open on blank patches, then this gives you the non-processing version first. If you use it as patches loaded, then you get a patch loaded. This way of doing it seemed to make the most sense.

The build for this has been submitted and should be out soon. It also features a nice flow diagram on the back :D
We've also started work on some new stuff in MeloDramatik that will hopefully be available before the May Madness sale.

Cheers,
Brian
yes if I undrestood it correctly . Im gonna say it again . I have a Complex-1 with a Sequences Player on top of it . then I open melodramatik after the sequences so we could feed the notes to the Melodramatik , I hit reset Device on the Melodramatik and still when I hit play without any change it stil playing something a little bit different from what I had originaly in the sequences player . so I think when I hit reset device on melodrmatik I should be hearing what I originaly had and then I'll go about my randomization . is this what you are talking about too? so it'll get fixed ?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Apr 2021

Cheers,
Brian
yes if I undrestood it correctly . Im gonna say it again . I have a Complex-1 with a Sequences Player on top of it . then I open melodramatik after the sequences so we could feed the notes to the Melodramatik , I hit reset Device on the Melodramatik and still when I hit play without any change it stil playing something a little bit different from what I had originaly in the sequences player . so I think when I hit reset device on melodrmatik I should be hearing what I originaly had and then I'll go about my randomization . is this what you are talking about too? so it'll get fixed ?
Yes! This is precisely the intention of doing it this way :D

bidaar

09 Apr 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
09 Apr 2021

Yes! This is precisely the intention of doing it this way :D
yes so if as " doing it this way " you mean this new way that is with the update in the way . then Im waiting for it because right now I cant really use Melodramatik unless im a noob in reason and english and didnt get it fully :D :D :D

Dionisio

12 Apr 2021

Hi Brian

First of all thank you for MeloDramatik :thumbup: great upgrade from Melody Inverter.

I wonder if it is possible in a future upgrade add 4 independent NOTE/GATE outputs for each Scale, in this case from A to D, like those in Quad Note Generator.

I don´t know if it is possible, but is just an idea.

Thank you again and all the best.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Apr 2021

Dionisio wrote:
12 Apr 2021
Hi Brian

First of all thank you for MeloDramatik :thumbup: great upgrade from Melody Inverter.

I wonder if it is possible in a future upgrade add 4 independent NOTE/GATE outputs for each Scale, in this case from A to D, like those in Quad Note Generator.

I don´t know if it is possible, but is just an idea.

Thank you again and all the best.
Hi there,

Thanks for posting, and I’m glad you’re enjoying MeloDramatik 😊

I have to be honest here, I don’t really get what it is you are requesting. Why would you split the scales to separate CV’s? Or is that just a way of splitting the steps to different outputs and not so important about the scales? Honestly mate, this one has me baffled 😂

Cheers,
Brian

Dionisio

17 Apr 2021

Hi Brian

I' am sorry for the confusion. :oops:

I will try to explain more detailed:

The idea is when i use MeloDramatik in Sequencer Mode it sequences also the scale sequencer from A to D, right?
With the 4 note/gate outputs correspondent to the 4 programmable different scales (A to D) i can connect more synths for a evolving harmonized sound exploration.
Basically when the Sequencer plays Scale A it also send the same note/gate information trough port A, when it plays Scale B it will send the same information trough output B and so on! I think de result it will be a kind of a quantize wave sequence!
But don't worry it was just a suggestion and don´t waste your time.

Thank you, all the best and keep your good work :clap:
Last edited by Dionisio on 17 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Stygian Abyss

17 Apr 2021

Hi Dionisio,

I see a little logic problem with your request: the four outputs of QNG are all monophonic. The output of each scale in Melodramatik, according to your description, could be polyphonic, thus what you suggest could only be done properly using PolyCV.

• Information