Anybody got COVID-vaccinated yet?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zulalancho

22 Mar 2021

dannyF wrote: ↑
19 Mar 2021
avasopht wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2021

It's neither new nor unknown. We've had vaccines for a long while now.
This is NOT a traditional vaccine.

Its also been rushed without proper trials. So not only is it not a traditional vaccine its not had the traditional testing trials which usually take years.

A number of countries have suspended Astra Zeneca due to blood clots.

There is a database that you can search to see the official reactions/deaths. Can't remember the name offhand.

Its not fear its using logic and common sense. Fear is giving into the propaganda and allowing yourself to be used in the greatest medical experiment known to man.

Trust your intuition
My intuition tells me to temporarily abstain

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2021

Zulalancho wrote: ↑
22 Mar 2021
My intuition tells me intuition is a poor guide πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

gritz

22 Mar 2021

I’ve had mine no troubles - just want to get back to business and enjoy crowds again rather than giving people the shunk eye and feel the sun on my face and feet in the sea

dannyF

22 Mar 2021

22 Mar 2021
Zulalancho wrote: ↑
22 Mar 2021
My intuition tells me intuition is a poor guide πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
That is an illogical statement.

Adabler
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2021

Got the first shot of Moderna today and I feel a great sense of relief. Yay!
:reason: 12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2021

22 Mar 2021
Logic doesn't matter because my intuition says it, therefore, if intuition is all that matters, then it is right.

You said to trust my intuition. This is what my intuition says.

Heater

23 Mar 2021

I got vaccinated yesterday. Got the Oxford vaccine. Felt mild flu like symptoms today and feeling tired.

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2021

Heater wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2021
I got vaccinated yesterday. Got the Oxford vaccine. Felt mild flu like symptoms today and feeling tired.
Yeah, I got the same thing.

But it was pretty mild and only lasted a day. Was able to work like normal without any real issues.

plaamook

23 Mar 2021

Bummer is that they're now saying on BBC (anyway...) that even w the vaccine it may be a few years (YEARS) ahead of masks and social distancing.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56475807
Guess I can afford to wait a while longer...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

joeyluck

23 Mar 2021

Well a vaccine is never meant to replace the need to mask and socially distance. Hopefully nobody is under that impression. I hope masking becomes a new trend. Prior to COVID-19, at times when I worked closely with others when I was sick or had any symptoms, I'd mask up. Of course, I would stay home if I was very I'll. Now I may mask up more often as a precaution even after this has settled.

Hoping to get vaccinated soon...on the waiting list!

dannyF

23 Mar 2021

23 Mar 2021
22 Mar 2021
Logic doesn't matter because my intuition says it, therefore, if intuition is all that matters, then it is right.

You said to trust my intuition. This is what my intuition says.
You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Before you said "intuition is a poor guide" and now you saying that you are listening to your intuition.

Which is it?

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2021

23 Mar 2021
You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Before you said "intuition is a poor guide" and now you saying that you are listening to your intuition.

Which is it?
I'm saying that this is what my intuition says. That is all.

So no. There is 0 contradiction. I still use logic and reason.

But, YOU said that intuition is the best guide, so if I were to take your advice, my intuition would deem intuition to not be a good guide. So by following your line of reasoning, I would have to conclude that intuition is not a good guide since that is what my intuition says.

MannequinRaces

23 Mar 2021

Got my 1st shot about seven hours ago. Hope when I wake up for work I still feel good, lol.

plaamook

24 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2021
Well a vaccine is never meant to replace the need to mask and socially distance. Hopefully nobody is under that impression.
I never thought it would but people had impressions, hope or no. Hnece the statement i guess.

Or here.

plaamook

24 Mar 2021

23 Mar 2021
I hope masking becomes a new trend.
Not me. I like smiling at people.

Or here.

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2021

plaamook wrote: ↑
24 Mar 2021
23 Mar 2021
I hope masking becomes a new trend.
In Japan mask wearing is standard if you have symptoms. It seems to be standard for some Asians to wear in public transport.

It should be standard practice on the underground.

There really is no need to be spreading viruses.

And for people with asthma, a cold is really disruptive. Can mean exercise is not possible for a week or two

plaamook

24 Mar 2021

24 Mar 2021
24 Mar 2021

In Japan mask wearing is standard if you have symptoms. It seems to be standard for some Asians to wear in public transport.

It should be standard practice on the underground.

There really is no need to be spreading viruses.

And for people with asthma, a cold is really disruptive. Can mean exercise is not possible for a week or two
I’m not arguing the effectiveness of the mask. This prob isn’t the place for it anyway. But I live in Spain at the mo and it’s mandatory in public. So I know all about that.
When in rome! And as an American ex pat, I’m always in Rome.

I’m just saying I’d like to not have to wear a mask. So I can smile at people. And breath comfortably. And so on.

Or here.

Tiny Montgomery

24 Mar 2021

23 Mar 2021
Well a vaccine is never meant to replace the need to mask and socially distance. Hopefully nobody is under that impression. I hope masking becomes a new trend. Prior to COVID-19, at times when I worked closely with others when I was sick or had any symptoms, I'd mask up. Of course, I would stay home if I was very I'll. Now I may mask up more often as a precaution even after this has settled.

In the UK we're supposed to be seeing a roadmap out of measures such as mask wearing even if they need to be gradual. So, no, mask wearing is not supposed to become a social norm and it worries me that people think that and accept it so blithely.

I've long noticed cyclists, tourists, etc wearing masks in cities etc and this is personal choice and sensible. A world where mask wearing is a social norm or mandatory should be fully resisted.

You hope masking becomes a new trend? Really...?!

Burton

24 Mar 2021

18 Mar 2021
Burton wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2021

You're right! And let's not forget the sheer number of vaccine opponents and conspiracy theorists who intimidate people. You must admit that it is easier to believe in the bad than in the good. Therefore, when people hear about the benefits of vaccination and about all sorts of horror stories, people who do not have enough basic knowledge about the effects of medications and the possible risks immediately believe in horror stories.
And given tens of millions have had the vaccine already, if it were unsafe we'd know about it by now.
Exact remark! Yes, of course there is an individual reaction to vaccination, but only such a reaction exists to any vaccine - from influenza, measles, and yellow fever. So, this is not at all an indicator that the COVID vaccines were created to kill people, or for chipping, or for some other nonsense invented by inflamed minds. Although, you know, it would be interesting to know how the brains of these strange people who spread delusional thoughts work. :lol:

joeyluck

24 Mar 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote: ↑
24 Mar 2021
23 Mar 2021

In the UK we're supposed to be seeing a roadmap out of measures such as mask wearing even if they need to be gradual. So, no, mask wearing is not supposed to become a social norm and it worries me that people think that and accept it so blithely.

I've long noticed cyclists, tourists, etc wearing masks in cities etc and this is personal choice and sensible. A world where mask wearing is a social norm or mandatory should be fully resisted.

Well I didn't say mask mandate, just masking in general.

Tiny Montgomery

24 Mar 2021

24 Mar 2021
24 Mar 2021

Lol, the way you say that like it's ok and normal. You do you though buddy.

joeyluck

24 Mar 2021

24 Mar 2021
24 Mar 2021

I live in the US and people here are stubborn. Yes, beyond covid, it is ok to wear a mask when you have symptoms of any illness or when it's a season of some illness, to be cautious and considerate. Prior to covid, there had been a stigma around mask wearing in the US and that has improved. There's still plenty of pushback here, but there will always be stubborn people.

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2021

24 Mar 2021
China. Japan.

Auryn

24 Mar 2021

24 Mar 2021

I’m just saying I’d like to not have to wear a mask. So I can smile at people. And breath comfortably. And so on.
Same here. Also I live alone I would very much appreciate if I were not officially prohibited to touch people as per distancing regulations.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

plaamook

24 Mar 2021

24 Mar 2021
24 Mar 2021
China. Japan.
I think humans have proved we can normalise anything so...

Or here.

• Information