need help choose between Euclid , Euclidean , Sequences , Note Recorder ll

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bidaar

22 Mar 2021

Hey Im about to get a few Robotic Bean REs but first I gotta see which one I really need , cause Im sure I eventually Buy most of em LOL .
So... I was thinking about Euclid , and I think its more modular than Euclidean and thats what I like about it but I need yall inputs too .
and ... I can go for Sequences or Note Recorder ll So what is the greatest differences between these two . I already have 11 Suite and Kompulsion so it means I have some players so Do I even need Suqences and Note Recorder ? or should I go Straight for Euclid or Euclidean ? In my Opinion there should be pretty In depth comparison about these with being this many enthusiast users loving these tools .
waiting for your inputs

Euclid : https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... generator/
Euclidean : https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequences/
Sequences : https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequences/
Note Recorder ll : https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -recorder/
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

integerpoet

22 Mar 2021

If you're thinking you'll end up with most of them eventually anyway, you might as well start with whichever one seems like it will be most fun right now. You could also download them all as demos and decide later which one to pay for. You could also narrow down the choice by whether you prefer MIDI (players) or CV (the others). I just now grabbed a couple of the players because I'm bigoted like that, even though apparently the brand-spanking-new one is CV-oriented. Also, I bet the RB sales department will be along at any moment to help break it down. :-)

Mataya

22 Mar 2021

Biggest difference between Sequences and Note Recorder II(beside one being a player and the other not) is that sequences is polyphonic. And you can input notes via mouse in sequences.(that's a big one for me).

M

Gardinski

22 Mar 2021

Personally, I would go for Sequences over Step Note Recorder. I have both, and Sequences is unquestionably a more versatile device for most applications, and one which I use in almost every project. It's also quicker and easier to set up, because you don't have the hassle of chaining a bunch of CV wires together every time you want to start getting ideas down. (I often use it as an initial 'scratch pad' to throw ideas down as soon as they come into my head, so I really want to hit the ground running with minimal delay/distraction.)

The only exception to this is if you're a real CV nut, who relishes the idea of having extreme control over routing. If that's the case, then you'll probably want Step Note Recorder in your arsenal too. But for the majority of users, I'd say Sequences covers everything you could possibly want from Step Note Recorder, and more...

As for Euclid & Euclidean. Again, I have both of them. I bought Euclid as soon as it was released, but subsequently found that I never really used it much. It depends upon your personal style, and what you want to achieve with it - and for me, it's been pretty much surplus to requirements. With that in mind, I'm pretty sure the only reason I ended up with Euclidean was that it was part of the Suite bundle (I think... or possibly one of the Rigs).

This should not be interpreted as a criticism of Euclid/Euclidean, by any stretch of the imagination. They're both impeccably designed and programmed, (as is everything I've seen from Robotic Bean) - it's just that they've never particularly fitted into my 'creative chain' (so far)... but they certainly have their applications, and for some people I've no doubt they're incredibly useful. I definitely wouldn't want to steer you away from them, if they're something you feel would enhance your music.

Bottom line: Grab 'Sequences' asap (you won't regret it)... but definitely trial the rest.

VariableX

22 Mar 2021

Sequences is a steal on sale ( a steal at any time ) its an awesome device it caters for so many workflows.
Euclidean is overpriced even when on sale imo.

Billy+

22 Mar 2021

Out of all you have listened euclidean-rhythms is the one I get the most use out of.

I have the cv version but never use it now I have the player..

If you don't have it already you might want to get CV tap player

bidaar

23 Mar 2021

Gardinski wrote:
22 Mar 2021
Personally, I would go for Sequences over Step Note Recorder. I have both, and Sequences is unquestionably a more versatile device for most applications, and one which I use in almost every project. It's also quicker and easier to set up, because you don't have the hassle of chaining a bunch of CV wires together every time you want to start getting ideas down. (I often use it as an initial 'scratch pad' to throw ideas down as soon as they come into my head, so I really want to hit the ground running with minimal delay/distraction.)

The only exception to this is if you're a real CV nut, who relishes the idea of having extreme control over routing. If that's the case, then you'll probably want Step Note Recorder in your arsenal too. But for the majority of users, I'd say Sequences covers everything you could possibly want from Step Note Recorder, and more...

As for Euclid & Euclidean. Again, I have both of them. I bought Euclid as soon as it was released, but subsequently found that I never really used it much. It depends upon your personal style, and what you want to achieve with it - and for me, it's been pretty much surplus to requirements. With that in mind, I'm pretty sure the only reason I ended up with Euclidean was that it was part of the Suite bundle (I think... or possibly one of the Rigs).

This should not be interpreted as a criticism of Euclid/Euclidean, by any stretch of the imagination. They're both impeccably designed and programmed, (as is everything I've seen from Robotic Bean) - it's just that they've never particularly fitted into my 'creative chain' (so far)... but they certainly have their applications, and for some people I've no doubt they're incredibly useful. I definitely wouldn't want to steer you away from them, if they're something you feel would enhance your music.

Bottom line: Grab 'Sequences' asap (you won't regret it)... but definitely trial the rest.
Ayyy thanks for your answer man ! I mean I prefer Euclid over Euclidean because it has more controll over stuff and lots of cv input capabilities ... Im trynna use it for experimental stuff and make weird rhytms and uncommon and happy accidents ... but maybe .
Also I demoed Sequences before when I bought reason its really powerfull , Im definetley gonna buy that too , bus since I have all the reason suite players (Drum Sequencer ... Quad Note generator ... Polystep Sequencer ... etc and kompulsion ) I can live without Sequences for little longer but thres nothing close to Euclid .
the tough question is for me between Euclid and Sequences which one first cause in next sales I'll buy the other one probably
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

bidaar

23 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
22 Mar 2021
Out of all you have listened euclidean-rhythms is the one I get the most use out of.

I have the cv version but never use it now I have the player..

If you don't have it already you might want to get CV tap player
I think I prefer Euclid to the Euclidean because I can do more creative and experimentation with CV inputs ... I think I have CV player tap but I dont know how exactly I should Use it , why did you mention it can you hint me a little of why is this helpful ? Im gonna go read about rn too

Billy+

23 Mar 2021

CV Tap is the 3rd spider device.
You can send your note and gate data into them and out of them using player tech.

Features

16 Channels of CV Gate and Note in
16 Channels of CV Gate and Note out
Input CV Gate and Note converted to Player MIDI
Incoming Player MIDI converted to CV Gate and Note out
Allows for chaining of Player MIDI streams
Converts legacy CV Devices to Players

Korde
Propulsion
PSQ-1684
Euclid Rhythm Generator
Step Note Recorder
Elementary Logic Gates
Mercury 4 Voice Polyphonic Arpeggiator
AutoTheory
System 9 Pattern Sequencer
Matrix
RPG-8
Input CV Gates 1-16 without note CV will default to Kong and Redrum MIDI mapping

Jackjackdaw

23 Mar 2021

VariableX wrote:
22 Mar 2021
Sequences is a steal on sale ( a steal at any time ) its an awesome device it caters for so many workflows.
This is how I feel. I think Euclidean would make a great companion to Sequences but even on sale it seems a bit steep for what it is. I use QNG if I want a rhythm generator, also over priced but I bought it already and I need to use it for something!

bidaar

27 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
23 Mar 2021
CV Tap is the 3rd spider device.
You can send your note and gate data into them and out of them using player tech.

Features

16 Channels of CV Gate and Note in
16 Channels of CV Gate and Note out
Input CV Gate and Note converted to Player MIDI
Incoming Player MIDI converted to CV Gate and Note out
Allows for chaining of Player MIDI streams
Converts legacy CV Devices to Players

Korde
Propulsion
PSQ-1684
Euclid Rhythm Generator
Step Note Recorder
Elementary Logic Gates
Mercury 4 Voice Polyphonic Arpeggiator
AutoTheory
System 9 Pattern Sequencer
Matrix
RPG-8
Input CV Gates 1-16 without note CV will default to Kong and Redrum MIDI mapping
oh yes I forgot about this its extremley useful , since you brought this out , I also Have Midi Cv Converter, I think that one can do some more stuff than this one right ? like polyphonic signals? But havent had the chande to use in a situation that I could maybe stalk players etc but I knew its useful so I bought it in a sale

bidaar

27 Mar 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
23 Mar 2021
VariableX wrote:
22 Mar 2021
This is how I feel. I think Euclidean would make a great companion to Sequences but even on sale it seems a bit steep for what it is. I use QNG if I want a rhythm generator, also over priced but I bought it already and I need to use it for something!
thanks for your comment :) I actually bought Sequences like two days ago , Im about to look into Euclid too and maybe Step Sequencer and Melodramatik , basicly I dont want to buy any new sounds because I think I have enought with Suite and Noise Engineering two bundles and one or two more ,,, but I feel like players and maybe utilities are always helpful

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2021

Euclid is very nice for randomness, i'd say give it a try first.

bidaar

30 Mar 2021

Re8et wrote:
27 Mar 2021
Euclid is very nice for randomness, i'd say give it a try first.
I did . and I bought Euclid , Sequences , Step Note ll , Elemetary Logic Gates , and Melodramatik .
I've been waiting for a Robotic Bean Sale so I actually got 4 of their deivices , I wish I could get more like the clap REs and Reasonans and their some of their Time slider and the compare skope maybe next times :D

challism

30 Mar 2021

I'm a huge fan of all four devices and it's a really tough choice. I'd probably go with the players while they are on sale, though, because they are the more expensive devices. And I'm also kind of a player addict now.; I'm use tons of players and love stacking them, and these two particular players are in almost every project.

Here are my recommendations, in order:

1. Sequences - it's easily the best sequencer in the shop, no contest. If you are into players, you should get this.
2. Euclidean player - I never realized how useful this player was, until I tried it. I was instantly blown away. Sure, it's kind of simple at first glance, but it's well worth its price when you see just how much it can add to a track.
3. Euclid - it's one of my favorite CV devices; so much fun! The magic that Euclidean does to MIDI, Euclid does to CV. You can actually use Euclid to build a similar device to Euclidean, but it won't be polyphonic.
4. STEP - Sequences pretty much replaced this device, but STEP can still do some stuff Sequences can't (CV stuff).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bidaar

05 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
30 Mar 2021
I'm a huge fan of all four devices and it's a really tough choice. I'd probably go with the players while they are on sale, though, because they are the more expensive devices. And I'm also kind of a player addict now.; I'm use tons of players and love stacking them, and these two particular players are in almost every project.

1. Sequences - it's easily the best sequencer in the shop, no contest. If you are into players, you should get this.
2. Euclidean player - I never realized how useful this player was, until I tried it. I was instantly blown away. Sure, it's kind of simple at first glance, but it's well worth its price when you see just how much it can add to a track.
3. Euclid - it's one of my favorite CV devices; so much fun! The magic that Euclidean does to MIDI, Euclid does to CV. You can actually use Euclid to build a similar device to Euclidean, but it won't be polyphonic.
4. STEP - Sequences pretty much replaced this device, but STEP can still do some stuff Sequences can't (CV stuff).
Hey thanks for your reply challism ! I was just in your youtube checking the new stacking players spiderweb etc ... anyway ... I thought you wouldnt recommend Euclidean that much because while I was checking every Thread about Euclid I saw you were praising it a lot , indeed it looks simple and overpriced ... and Isince I really like experimental approaches specially with cv I went with Euclid so I actually Bought all of em except Euclidean :( but I'll get that one in another sale too in the future :D I actually love players and cv devices sooooo much too !

challism

06 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021
challism wrote:
30 Mar 2021

Hey thanks for your reply challism ! I was just in your youtube checking the new stacking players spiderweb etc ... anyway ... I thought you wouldnt recommend Euclidean that much because while I was checking every Thread about Euclid I saw you were praising it a lot , indeed it looks simple and overpriced ... and Isince I really like experimental approaches specially with cv I went with Euclid so I actually Bought all of em except Euclidean :( but I'll get that one in another sale too in the future :D I actually love players and cv devices sooooo much too !
Sounds like you made some good purchasers. Euclid is great and I highly recommend it. It is useful in so many ways. Throw it on a CV input for a filter cutoff, for instance. You can also use it like Euclidean with some clever routing (it has note out, so if you throw it in a combinator, it will receive and send notes). Here's a patch I made before I was able to get Euclidean (haven't really used it since I bought Euclidean). One limitation of Euclid is that it's monophonic - although this patch makes use of a Scales & Chords, so it turns it polyphonic (kind of). Just play the combi like an instrument (you can change the instrument by drag/dropping an instrument over the ID8). To change the rhythmic pattern, you have to load it from the Euclid in the combi). Anyway, Euclid is a great device; I love the crap out of it, and use it all the time. I just recommended Euclidean over it because of the sale price.
Attachments
EuclibeanHomebrew.zip
(20.99 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

bidaar

06 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
06 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
05 Apr 2021

Sounds like you made some good purchasers. Euclid is great and I highly recommend it. It is useful in so many ways. Throw it on a CV input for a filter cutoff, for instance. You can also use it like Euclidean with some clever routing (it has note out, so if you throw it in a combinator, it will receive and send notes). Here's a patch I made before I was able to get Euclidean (haven't really used it since I bought Euclidean). One limitation of Euclid is that it's monophonic - although this patch makes use of a Scales & Chords, so it turns it polyphonic (kind of). Just play the combi like an instrument (you can change the instrument by drag/dropping an instrument over the ID8). To change the rhythmic pattern, you have to load it from the Euclid in the combi). Anyway, Euclid is a great device; I love the crap out of it, and use it all the time. I just recommended Euclidean over it because of the sale price.
thanks for your reply ! yes I did indeed made some good purchases like any other Sales in the past . Im gonna check the Patch . and Im gonna buy the Euclidean later just because every great RE can come in handy someday and its RB so its good . I can use for the melodic chord ish Stabs as we were talking about how Euclid cant do poly , and use Euclid for cv and drums ... I mainly Bought Euclid to make unexpected and out of the norm Drum patterns like unorthodox polyrhtmic and polyryhtm stuff and experimenting . and ofcourse having fun with the CV capabilities , Im also following your youtube it would be amazing if you would talk over your videos explain em or atleast explain em a ot through captions because I am a noob compare to so many of you old reason users :)))) but Im trying to become a hella nerd/geek in this and go as deep as possible :D thanks again cheers

challism

06 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
challism wrote:
06 Apr 2021

thanks for your reply ! yes I did indeed made some good purchases like any other Sales in the past . Im gonna check the Patch . and Im gonna buy the Euclidean later just because every great RE can come in handy someday and its RB so its good . I can use for the melodic chord ish Stabs as we were talking about how Euclid cant do poly , and use Euclid for cv and drums ... I mainly Bought Euclid to make unexpected and out of the norm Drum patterns like unorthodox polyrhtmic and polyryhtm stuff and experimenting . and ofcourse having fun with the CV capabilities , Im also following your youtube it would be amazing if you would talk over your videos explain em or atleast explain em a ot through captions because I am a noob compare to so many of you old reason users :)))) but Im trying to become a hella nerd/geek in this and go as deep as possible :D thanks again cheers
Most of my youtube videos can be thought of ala carte videos instead of main courses. They are mostly just small examples of something I'm trying to explain either in an online post or email/message. They aren't really meant to be stand alone tutorials. There are plenty of other users who do a much better job explaining things than me. Have you checked out Carly/Poohbear's videos? He's got some great videos and is really into players, too. In fact, I don't think he uses Reason's sequencer at all.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909

bidaar

06 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
06 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021

Most of my youtube videos can be thought of ala carte videos instead of main courses. They are mostly just small examples of something I'm trying to explain either in an online post or email/message. They aren't really meant to be stand alone tutorials. There are plenty of other users who do a much better job explaining things than me. Have you checked out Carly/Poohbear's videos? He's got some great videos and is really into players, too. In fact, I don't think he uses Reason's sequencer at all.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
yes I know him I saw some of his videos , anyone else ? or maybe we can make a new topic and everyone mention any content creator channel etc about reason so we would have a great archive

challism

07 Apr 2021

bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
yes I know him I saw some of his videos , anyone else ? or maybe we can make a new topic and everyone mention any content creator channel etc about reason so we would have a great archive
Check out the tutorials subforum. Plenty of content creators on there.

viewforum.php?f=5

bidaar

07 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
07 Apr 2021
bidaar wrote:
06 Apr 2021
Check out the tutorials subforum. Plenty of content creators on there.

viewforum.php?f=5
aaaw right ! sure , will do ! thanks

• Information