Noise Canceling Bluetooth Ear Buds

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
BRIGGS

20 Mar 2021

Does anyone here use them?

I want to use them for general listening, sketching in reason, and gaming (dolby atmos 3d surround).

Which ones do you have and/or recommend? Do they lag?

I'm currently looking at galaxy buds.
Last edited by BRIGGS on 21 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.
r11s

TheDragonborg

20 Mar 2021

Any time I've used Bluetooth it made the high frequencies of my audio really shrill so I never use it.

EdwardKiy

21 Mar 2021

Unless you're planning to record something very latency-sensitive like vocals, pretty much any bluetooth cans/buds since 2017 have state-of-the-art latency compensation built in, so you don't have to worry about lag.

Just yesterday, we had a "silent dance party" at my place, where my friends all came with their bluetooth headphones and we all connected to a mothership transmitter - so that was a kind of a cool new experience.

Still, they are no match for high impedance studio headphones in terms of clarity, even the cheapest ones.

Also, anything intra-canal (buds) becomes damaging to your hearing a lot earlier than anything extra-canal (cans) because of source proximity to the tympanic membranes, so I wouldn't recommend using ANY buds - bluetooth or not - for prolonged daily use like gaming or making music.

BRIGGS

21 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
21 Mar 2021
Also, anything intra-canal (buds) becomes damaging to your hearing a lot earlier than anything extra-canal (cans) because of source proximity to the tympanic membranes, so I wouldn't recommend using ANY buds - bluetooth or not - for prolonged daily use like gaming or making music.
You kids blowing out your eardrums?

Try listening at 30-40% volume. You won't harm yourself, and your eardrums won't be so compressed, so you can hear everything.

This is also why I'd prefer noise canceling. Easier to hear, at low volumes.

I've be using earbuds since the 80's. I'd be far more concerned about bacteria build up, and ear infections. :sick:
r11s

Billy+

21 Mar 2021

I got a pair of Bluetooth ANC headphones for general listening a few months back I mostly use them for playback on my iPad but don't like the ANC as it makes me feel uncomfortable but it does cancel out some background noise.

I have also connected them to my TV / screen when using Reason when I couldn't be bothered to power my audio interface and plug headphones in and they was ok latency wise but the frequency range is not as good as my proper headphones.

EdwardKiy

21 Mar 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
21 Mar 2021

You kids blowing out your eardrums?

Try listening at 30-40% volume. You won't harm yourself, and your eardrums won't be so compressed, so you can hear everything.

This is also why I'd prefer noise canceling. Easier to hear, at low volumes.

I've be using earbuds since the 80's. I'd be far more concerned about bacteria build up, and ear infections. :sick:
I call your "kids" and raise it by "go educate yourself, old fart". :DD

on the "noise cancelling" alone:

https://www.howtogeek.com/423960/why-do ... t-my-ears/

can't be bothered googling the mechanics of intracanal earbuds for you, go make an effort.

BRIGGS

21 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
21 Mar 2021

I call your "kids" and raise it by "go educate yourself, old fart". :DD

on the "noise cancelling" alone:

https://www.howtogeek.com/423960/why-do ... t-my-ears/

can't be bothered googling the mechanics of intracanal earbuds for you, go make an effort.
r11s

EdwardKiy

21 Mar 2021

chef.jpg
chef.jpg (10.34 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

BRIGGS

21 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
21 Mar 2021
chef.jpg
r11s

• Information