Display for CV/Mod Matrix connections

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2021

Hi RT

I think it would be quite useful for the user if -

When ever a parameter on a device (knob, slider, button etc.) is being modulated via CV connection or Mod Matrix, that a little display around that component is overlayed - showing how it is being modulated.

I think Serum and some other VSTs instruments do this quite well.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

selig
RE Developer

20 Mar 2021

deeplink wrote:
20 Mar 2021
Hi RT

I think it would be quite useful for the user if -

When ever a parameter on a device (knob, slider, button etc.) is being modulated via CV connection or Mod Matrix, that a little display around that component is overlayed - showing how it is being modulated.

I think Serum and some other VSTs instruments do this quite well.
If only the RE SDK allowed this I would have added this feature to every RE I’ve ever developed. You COULD do this with knobs drawn on a custom display, but not with standard knobs... 😢
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

20 Mar 2021

Unfortunately, the only way to even get close to this is by routing CV thru the Combi programmer (no overlay, but at least you can see the knobs moving). I've often thought this would be a useful feature to give devices without the need of using a Combi and also wondered why CV an Matrix targets don't move when being tweaked internally (without a Combi).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

BRIGGS

20 Mar 2021

NI Guitar Rig has a nice system, and it lets you change the base value of the knob directly.

Reason's combinator seems to take over knobs completely.
r11s

• Information