Industrializer RE from Ekssperimental Sounds

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

19 Mar 2021

Damn, he's on a roll :o

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... trializer/

INDSTRLZR is a multi effect inspired by Chris Carter's legendary Gristleizer, a device based on a circuit design by Roy Gwinn, published in Practical Electronics Magazine 1975.

The INDSTRLZR uses the same principle of an LFO modulating a VCA and VCF, and comes with multiple additional functions, like programmable LFO shape, syncing, control over filter mode and resonance. It also comes with a small digital Programmer control unit that houses a touch display with patch saving and FX controls. On FX page 1 you'll find two “Trashers” with individual tonality. Both futures Fuzz and Scream modes and has controls for amount and tone. The programmer also houses Echo and Reverb, LFO settings and custom LFO waveform Shape programming.

The INDSTRLZR has an additional audio mod input that can be used to modulate the audio signal, it works like a vocoder where the normal audio inputs are the carrier and the mod inputs are the modulator signal. On the backside you’ll find a number of CV connections for modular and experimental routing.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2021

Yay!!!

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

19 Mar 2021

hot butt, that is gorgeous! 😍

it makes me a bit sad that ES has been the only developer putting out new devices/effects that I actually want to review, but—I may have to again. sound examples are amazing too. 👏🏼
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

BRIGGS

19 Mar 2021

Stunning :shock:
r11s

MannequinRaces

19 Mar 2021

Nice! Looks great. Congrats on another release. Hope all your hard work is being financially rewarded. You deserve it.

motuscott

19 Mar 2021

Really Rather Handsome :clap:
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

bxbrkrz

19 Mar 2021

NDSTRLZR. Nice.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

eoinoco

22 Mar 2021

I bought it on Saturday. I love it. It sounds amazing and unique.

Sterioevo

22 Mar 2021

That's a cool back story! Anyone tried any of the Gristleizer euro rack modules?
Will give this one a spin.

EdwardKiy

22 Mar 2021

Algoritm contest is over, all eyes on Ekss! Will there be a contest?

deeplink
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
22 Mar 2021
Algoritm contest is over, all eyes on Ekss! Will there be a contest?
For an effect unit? Highly unlikely.

Unless it self oscillates?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

EdwardKiy

22 Mar 2021

deeplink wrote:
22 Mar 2021

For an effect unit? Highly unlikely.

Unless it self oscillates?
sure, why not? Ekss synths + effects contest.

But I see now there were two, but I missed them ;/

guitfnky

22 Mar 2021

I’d also like to see contests for effects. not sure why that can’t be a thing. just need to tweak the rules a bit (e.g. you can use any instruments you want, but can’t use their onboard effects if you’re using the contest effect on it; and maybe you have to share the dry/unaffected version too or something, to show the difference).

even standard plugin types (compression, EQ, etc.) could be fun here—see who uses the effect most, umm...effectively. obviously judging would need to be based on sound quality and creativity, not necessarily music quality.

Loque

22 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
22 Mar 2021
I’d also like to see contests for effects. not sure why that can’t be a thing. just need to tweak the rules a bit (e.g. you can use any instruments you want, but can’t use their onboard effects if you’re using the contest effect on it; and maybe you have to share the dry/unaffected version too or something, to show the difference).

even standard plugin types (compression, EQ, etc.) could be fun here—see who uses the effect most, umm...effectively. obviously judging would need to be based on sound quality and creativity, not necessarily music quality.
This was discussed in the past and i am totally with you. But its a bit difficult to have "general usable fx", since they oft are tight to the source material. Maybe with some additional sound patches or so, where all entries will be available in a free refill. Maybe some additional categories must be submitted, like creative, weird, sick, bread-n-butter,... The judging will be still difficult.

I like the idea. Maybe some devs will come to us in the future with such requests and we will see how it works...
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

22 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
22 Mar 2021

This was discussed in the past and i am totally with you. But its a bit difficult to have "general usable fx", since they oft are tight to the source material. Maybe with some additional sound patches or so, where all entries will be available in a free refill. Maybe some additional categories must be submitted, like creative, weird, sick, bread-n-butter,... The judging will be still difficult.

I like the idea. Maybe some devs will come to us in the future with such requests and we will see how it works...
The RX950 was one of my favorites :) that was still a song contest.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2021

Making a FX RE Challenge should be fairly easy. Why not do it like I did on my own Crapre2 project some time ago?
My rule was "Every sound has to be processed with Crapre2 in some way". And I made 4 tracks sticking to that rule. Besides that I was able to use whatever the hell I wanted, instruments, other effects etc.
That way we don't have to get stuck in this "can only use stock stuff". I've never liked that.

guitfnky

22 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
22 Mar 2021

yeah, it’s definitely not as straightforward as an instrument competition, but I agree, and think it could be done in a cool way.

another idea might be to solicit some unfinished songs from the community, then pick one, and let everyone do what they want with it, but they can only add/use the contest device to enhance the existing mix. that way you could show off subtler/stock effects (compressors/EQs), as well as really out-there effects (Fritz, anyone?).

lots of options! and it’s not like the framework would necessarily have to be totally worked out the very first time. if a particular approach doesn’t work, it could be tweaked. I assume this already happens with the instrument contests.

joeyluck

22 Mar 2021

Not to keep this thread off-topic, and I mentioned this already, but we did the RX950 contest and that was really fun and a big success. I think the rules would just have to be similar to keep it challenging and interesting.

ekss
RE Developer

23 Mar 2021

Good idea with an FX challenge! I'm planning to make an FX bundle eventually and for the launch of that it would be perfect!

ekss
RE Developer

23 Mar 2021

eoinoco wrote:
22 Mar 2021
I bought it on Saturday. I love it. It sounds amazing and unique.
Happy to hear that! ❤️

geronimo

23 Mar 2021

Can we hope for other saturation algorithms choice, overdrive from FX1 ?

ekss
RE Developer

23 Mar 2021

geronimo wrote:
23 Mar 2021
Can we hope for other saturation algorithms choice, overdrive from FX1 ?
Might be a possible addition in a future update :puf_smile:

EdwardKiy

23 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
23 Mar 2021
I'm planning to make an FX bundle eventually and for the launch of that it would be perfect!
Oh Lord Jesus, it's a fire!

ekss
RE Developer

27 Mar 2021

Bumping this thread with a reminder that there is only a few days of intro offer left.
Also wanted to share this; I emailed Chris Carter about the Industrializer and I got a reply!

"I downloaded the demo and I must say it sounds pretty cool.Maybe not quite the same vintage sound (noisy :-/ ) of the original Gristleizer but nevertheless it’s capable of some very interesting effects and audio mangling, I like it. Would you mind if I mention it on my Gristleizer website? It won’t be for a few days yet but I think people would be interested."

So happy (even star strucked) that he actually took the time to try it out and send a reply!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
Bumping this thread with a reminder that there is only a few days of intro offer left.
Also wanted to share this; I emailed Chris Carter about the Industrializer and I got a reply!

"I downloaded the demo and I must say it sounds pretty cool.Maybe not quite the same vintage sound (noisy :-/ ) of the original Gristleizer but nevertheless it’s capable of some very interesting effects and audio mangling, I like it. Would you mind if I mention it on my Gristleizer website? It won’t be for a few days yet but I think people would be interested."

So happy (even star strucked) that he actually took the time to try it out and send a reply!
⚡️
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information