Anybody got COVID-vaccinated yet?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Catblack

14 Mar 2021

My wife and I got our first shots last week. Big relief. Signing up for the appt was crazy frustrating. The drug store releases their appts at midnight, and I lucked out and just happened to check the nearest store just then. Filled in form after selecting time, by confirmation page, nope, appt taken. Did this maybe 50 times and got one for me. Then kept at it and got my wife one for the same day. A week later we got the poke.

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Zac

15 Mar 2021

Got mine on Saturday. Some very mild ache in my arm the night after but apart from that a complete breeze. Not sure why I got it so early, I'm 49, maybe my housing situation? But I'm a happy camper. Pretty impressed with the vaccine response to be honest.

Auryn

15 Mar 2021

so, mere days after receiving my 1st AZ vaccination, the Dutch government decides to stop vaccinating with AZ :wtf:
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

DaveyG

15 Mar 2021

Auryn wrote:
15 Mar 2021
so, mere days after receiving my 1st AZ vaccination, the Dutch government decides to stop vaccinating with AZ :wtf:
At present Europe-wide they are talking about 37 instances of blood clots amongst 17 millions AZ vaccinations and most of those 37 cases were not fatal. I can't help but think that many more people will die as a result of delaying vaccination.

fullforce

15 Mar 2021

DaveyG wrote:
15 Mar 2021
Auryn wrote:
15 Mar 2021
At present Europe-wide they are talking about 37 instances of blood clots amongst 17 millions AZ vaccinations and most of those 37 cases were not fatal. I can't help but think that many more people will die as a result of delaying vaccination.
That's exactly what they want you to think.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Auryn

15 Mar 2021

DaveyG wrote:
15 Mar 2021
Auryn wrote:
15 Mar 2021
yeah it is kind of mystifying why they would do this on the face of it, I'm just assuming that the various national agencies are privy to information that we are not. Maybe "blood clots" are the new "weather balloons"
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

DaveyG

15 Mar 2021

fullforce wrote:
15 Mar 2021
DaveyG wrote:
15 Mar 2021

I think you're an ignorant fool. Do they want me to think that as well?

dannyF

15 Mar 2021

DaveyG wrote:
15 Mar 2021
fullforce wrote:
15 Mar 2021

Boo Booooo

Burton

16 Mar 2021

I have had COVID and have not received my dose of vaccine yet. As far as I know, I need a single injection of the drug.

demt

16 Mar 2021

Seems we can die of ner ner n ner ner these days
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

fullforce

16 Mar 2021

DaveyG wrote:
15 Mar 2021
:D :D :D
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

I had my first AZ vaccine 10 days ago.

Hardly any side effects apart from occasionally having my head fall off, but that's pretty much expected now that I'm a fully functioning robot 🤣👌

Burton

17 Mar 2021

avasopht wrote:
16 Mar 2021
I had my first AZ vaccine 10 days ago.

Hardly any side effects apart from occasionally having my head fall off, but that's pretty much expected now that I'm a fully functioning robot 🤣👌
I think it's not so much the side effect of the vaccine as the fatigue of people after the winter and after a year of hassle. The body is weakened by hassles, lack of sun and vitamins. Everything works together here.

dannyF

17 Mar 2021

I hear the Russian one is the only one that is based on older "traditional" vaccines.

This new "vaccine" is more of an experiment from what I've been hearing. And that they have had to change the definition of "Vaccine" is order to make these new ones fit the definition. It all sounds quite dangerous to me.

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2021

dannyF wrote:
17 Mar 2021
I hear the Russian one is the only one that is based on older "traditional" vaccines.

This new "vaccine" is more of an experiment from what I've been hearing. And that they have had to change the definition of "Vaccine" is order to make these new ones fit the definition. It all sounds quite dangerous to me.
I've heard something completely different.

Where did you hear about this?

jam-s

17 Mar 2021

Fear: The emotion that arises from a (perceived) lack of knowledge on the subject. Luckily one can overcome it by getting more Information on the subject so one can have a better understanding on the risks involved.

Burton

18 Mar 2021

jam-s wrote:
17 Mar 2021
Fear: The emotion that arises from a (perceived) lack of knowledge on the subject. Luckily one can overcome it by getting more Information on the subject so one can have a better understanding on the risks involved.
You're right! And let's not forget the sheer number of vaccine opponents and conspiracy theorists who intimidate people. You must admit that it is easier to believe in the bad than in the good. Therefore, when people hear about the benefits of vaccination and about all sorts of horror stories, people who do not have enough basic knowledge about the effects of medications and the possible risks immediately believe in horror stories.

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2021

Burton wrote:
18 Mar 2021

You're right! And let's not forget the sheer number of vaccine opponents and conspiracy theorists who intimidate people. You must admit that it is easier to believe in the bad than in the good. Therefore, when people hear about the benefits of vaccination and about all sorts of horror stories, people who do not have enough basic knowledge about the effects of medications and the possible risks immediately believe in horror stories.
And given tens of millions have had the vaccine already, if it were unsafe we'd know about it by now.

Zulalancho

18 Mar 2021

I don’t know how anyone, but I am worried about getting vaccinated, as this is all new and completely unknown (I didn’t have covid)

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2021

Zulalancho wrote:
18 Mar 2021
I don’t know how anyone, but I am worried about getting vaccinated, as this is all new and completely unknown (I didn’t have covid)
It's neither new nor unknown. We've had vaccines for a long while now.

dannyF

19 Mar 2021

avasopht wrote:
18 Mar 2021
Zulalancho wrote:
18 Mar 2021
It's neither new nor unknown. We've had vaccines for a long while now.
This is NOT a traditional vaccine.

Its also been rushed without proper trials. So not only is it not a traditional vaccine its not had the traditional testing trials which usually take years.

A number of countries have suspended Astra Zeneca due to blood clots.

There is a database that you can search to see the official reactions/deaths. Can't remember the name offhand.

Its not fear its using logic and common sense. Fear is giving into the propaganda and allowing yourself to be used in the greatest medical experiment known to man.

Trust your intuition

Proboscis

19 Mar 2021

motuscott wrote:
18 Feb 2021
Santa's mad as hell, kicking reindeer butt, and taking names.
Only the finest lump of coal for you, brother.

jrloc.jpg
jrloc.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 1382 times

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2021

dannyF wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Its also been rushed without proper trials. So not only is it not a traditional vaccine its not had the traditional testing trials which usually take years.
This is not correct.

1. Because it's a pandemic, instead of waiting months between testing variations, lots and lots of variations were tried at the same time.
2. Because it's a once in a century pandemic, laboratories across the globe FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER shared information with each other.
3. They usually take years because they are slowly ITERATING through the process of trial and error to find an effective vaccine.

So the reason why it didn't take years was not that it was rushed, but because it was distributed across multiple labs across the globe at the same time and data was shared.
dannyF wrote:
19 Mar 2021
A number of countries have suspended Astra Zeneca due to blood clots.

There is a database that you can search to see the official reactions/deaths. Can't remember the name offhand.
EVERY substance will invoke an adverse reaction from a small portion of the population. Those are mostly caused by immune system deficiencies (e.g. Lupus, sarcoidosis, etc.) I experience adverse reactions to some medicines (I have peanut allergies). It's not because the medicine is unsafe (or peanuts), but because of my faulty immune system.

Also Astra Zenica did not cause the blood clots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56447367
dannyF wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Its not fear its using logic and common sense. Fear is giving into the propaganda and allowing yourself to be used in the greatest medical experiment known to man.

Trust your intuition
It's much more likely that you're wrong and not the millions of scientists, doctors, biologists, virologists, bioinformaticians and immunologists across the globe.

Intuition is a poor guide. It's why humans used to sacrifice children and virgins to try to control the seasons and stuff 🤦‍♂️ It's also why people sacrificed themselves in the Georgetown Massacre and are so susceptible to cults.

dannyF

19 Mar 2021

I've learned that Intuition is the only thing one can truly trust in this world.

Its like a muscle that never gets used and can atrophy or grow. The more its used the stronger and more accurate it is, the less its used the weaker it becomes.

I wish everyone here peace and good health no matter your choice.

Aosta

19 Mar 2021

There is growing scientific evidence that people who have an adverse reaction to the vaccines have already had covid at some point. Would explain the 48 hour roller coaster I was on after my jab because I was convinced I had covid way back in March 2020. So if you do feel like you've been hit by a truck and your head is going to explode then you probably never needed the jab in the first place.
Tend the flame

• Information