Algoritm is released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
deeplink
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
03 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
03 Mar 2021
the stream was fun to watch apart from seeing patches for Algoritm that are for subscribers only especially on release, that kinda stings that patches were actively held back from those who would rather buy their devices.
I started to get into this idea on the stream but I didn't dive into it but it's worth mentioning here until people understand it: There are different teams at Reason Studios working on different things. No patches that the Algoritm team was working on were held back or diverted to Reason+. Instead, the Reason+ team which has their own group of sound designers made their own patches for their own sound packs. Algoritm patches will continue to be released in Reason+ sound packs just like brand new Europa and Thor patches are showing up in sound packs, but it doesn't mean that if Reason+ didn't exist those patches would've showed up in Europa's factory sound bank. There just wouldn't be a team making those patches at all.
You can just subscribe for 1 month, download all the relative Sound Packs, and then end the subscription. - That's if those patches aren't using any other RS RE's that you don't already own.

I did a trial of the RS+ subscription and have ended it since. I still learnt quite a bit from those Sound Pack patches which carries through to the music I make now
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

challism

04 Mar 2021

Mattias busing out with an F bomb on the live stream. ha ha ha

"People are going to make fxxking awesome tracks" -Mattias

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

SebAudio

04 Mar 2021

Why not a global on / off switch for the FXs section ? Europa & Grain at least have it so why not Algo ?
And those light gray brushed aluminum panels : really ? Darker would be better with the central panel

Jagwah

04 Mar 2021

Still loving it.

It will be the first synth I have bought in a very long time - hats off to Props. <3

JdA57

05 Mar 2021

lowtom wrote:
01 Mar 2021
JdA57 wrote:
01 Mar 2021
:exclamation: BUG or by Design?????

If you Route an Envelope from a Slot (Maybe 1 Fm - Unit) to another Slot (maybe Fm Osc too), via Matrix, the destination-Osc recognizing Attack, Decay and Sustain But NOT the Releaselevel ???

Will be Fine of this will working as expexted, because That way we can use one Masterenvelope and habe Not to change this Valutamark in each OSC (of Same Values needed.

(PS: this RE is the Best, Reasonstudios / Props ever did. Very fair pricing :thumbs_up: )
It is by design.
In most FM synthesis implementations operators have their own distinct envelopes. Sometimes there is global time offset or even ADSR but that is only offsetting what is already set in each operator. In Algoritm it is Dec/Rel parameter offset.
Thx. but ;
I know about Most FM- Synth‘s and Plugs etc (I was one of the First FM-Sound Programmer for as example Yamaha etc. ;) I was Owner of DX1, Tx816, DX 7, Tx later SY etc. etc ... :puf_smile: )

So, my question is Perfect answered by Props themselve. Like expected, yes, we can use one ENV (ADS and R) from one OP/OSC as MASTER-Envelope to each other OSC/OP. The Trick is, because the source-Envelope triggers direct Vol of the destination, In my case I’ve to bring up the value of the Destination-Release up to 100 % ...
So fixed 😊

Tiny Montgomery

05 Mar 2021

Gardinski wrote:
02 Mar 2021
This is why I don't understand the colossal waves of negativity which have been swamping the forum recently. Friktion, Complex and Algoritm have all been strong, muscular, and truly innovative devices. Each of those three synths is capable of delivering really rich, meaty sounds in pretty unique ways.I

These are not mere "toys", (an accusation which might arguably be levelled at one of two of the Player devices: QNG, I'm looking at you!). In the right hands, these three synths are inspirational powerhouses: capable of an almost infinite range of sonic versatility, they are both deeply 'musical' and a little bit terrifying.

And yet there's still this general perception that RS is somehow selling us out: sacrificing the spirit of innovation and betraying the old, loyal user base in pursuit of quick cash from a new and dumbed-down audience of 'outsiders'. The filthy heathens!

This simply doesn't tally with reality, as far as I can see. Sure, if we hadn't just seen Friktion and Algoritm, there might have been some grounds for suspicion- but it seems clear that RS is committed to reinvesting its new revenue stream into serious product development. Surely this has to be good news for everyone... Especially those lunatics among us who still hope to be using Reason as their primary musical tool 20 years into the future!
Agree. And on the topic of Reason's unique sounding instruments & effects:

Jagwah

05 Mar 2021

Algoritm is just really really cool :)

ltbrunt00

05 Mar 2021

Reason set the bar high with Algoritm..There next synth will have big shoes to fill.

I love this device, thus far I have spent hours creating new sounds doing crazy things. Now I sort of want all their own devices to be like this.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

zoidkirb

05 Mar 2021

When Automating a Filter Cutoff frequency I can't draw a line, only stepped values. Is this a bug, feature, or limitation of the design?
You can assign the Filter Cutoff to a Combinator Rotary at least and then smoothly Automate that at least.

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

Turn that resonator effect into a standalone RE. A combination of that and the rattler effect from Kong would be amazing.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

Well so much for trying to wait for a better deal. I've never bought any REs from Reason Studios at full price before, but RS got me this time. I just really like Algoritm. And I want it NOW! So I bought it. Well done RS.

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

aeox wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Turn that resonator effect into a standalone RE. A combination of that and the rattler effect from Kong would be amazing.
You can use RV7000 for loading IRs. I think that covers the resonator.

Billy+

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
aeox wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Are the IR available?

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
aeox wrote:
06 Mar 2021
I've tried IR previously but it's not the same result. I probably did it wrong. The one in Algoritm just has a really good sound with no fuss

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021

Are the IR available?

They haven't made theirs available, but you can find similar ones. Or even more fun—making them. Similar to creating foley, you don't need to use the exact same objects to get great and similar sounds. Try anything around your house.
I still want to create a community IR ReFill...maybe I'll try that again after the Algoritm competition :)

Billy+

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021

Are the IR available?

They haven't made theirs available, but you can find similar ones. Or even more fun—making them. Similar to creating foley, you don't need to use the exact same objects to get great and similar sounds. Try anything around your house.
I still want to create a community IR ReFill...maybe I'll try that again after the Algoritm competition :)
Sounds interesting especially with a quick tutorial to get us all started.

Don't know if I've posted it hear but I stumbled across the original ir used for the bat cave in the original batman to show :-
http://www.echothief.com/batcave/
http://www.echothief.com/wp-content/upl ... atcave.wav

Spryx

07 Mar 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Feb 2021
It's my favorite day: new synthesizer day! I'm happy to properly introduce Algoritm FM Synthesizer.

We're still pushing stuff live but I wanted to be the first to post. :puf_bigsmile:

I wrote a blog post with a bit of the thinking behind Algoritm here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/the- ... f-algoritm

I really hope you'll like it as much as we do! You can grab Algoritm from the shop: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /algoritm/ , and if you're on Reason+ it's already in Companion and ready to download.
I have almost every major VST synth, RE synth and quite a few hardware ones.
First RE synth I've bought in a long time... sounds incredible.
First FM synth I find actually inspiring.

You guys knocked it out of the park with this one. Pluck heaven, here I come!
latest:

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021

Are the IR available?

I've seen a lot of different impulse responses in the Reason library but I'll have to experiment with that more! :thumbs_up:

taipeiwalkerhk

13 Mar 2021

Sorry I haven't gone thru each of the posts in this thread but the "Filter" of Algo is a mystery to me.

Is there any way to use "Filter" as a real "Filter" to cut out the un-wanted freq ? I tried to use it as a Carrier / Modulator in order to cut out the un-wanted freq of an OP/OSC by tunning the Freq knobs. The request is not like other FM or VA synths that really cut out the freq. Any advise? I wanted to create a bass sound by the way. Thanks!

Cowby

Loque

13 Mar 2021

taipeiwalkerhk wrote:
13 Mar 2021
Sorry I haven't gone thru each of the posts in this thread but the "Filter" of Algo is a mystery to me.

Is there any way to use "Filter" as a real "Filter" to cut out the un-wanted freq ? I tried to use it as a Carrier / Modulator in order to cut out the un-wanted freq of an OP/OSC by tunning the Freq knobs. The request is not like other FM or VA synths that really cut out the freq. Any advise? I wanted to create a bass sound by the way. Thanks!

Cowby
A bit more info is needed, ideally your patch.

Here are some basic hints:
* a Operator generates sine signals, which represent exact one frequency. A filter is pretty useless here. The source signal should be complex
* check if you want any signal to be audible, like disable OUT of a Operator and enable OUT in the filter, if you want to hear it
* check the routings
Reason12, Win10

taipeiwalkerhk

14 Mar 2021

Thanks Loque, thanks for your explanation.

deeplink
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2021

I must say the stepped Filter automation lane is quite frustrating.
The only work around I have for smoothing out the automation is to use something else as CV (like Thor's Rotary 1), and then automate that.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2021

taipeiwalkerhk wrote:
13 Mar 2021

Cowby

zoidkirb

14 Mar 2021

Getting some weird graphical glitches in the browser, some Unknown Exception errors and some other popups and a crash, in a project containing only many instances of Algorithm.
It's Reason 10.4 and Win 10.
Haven't contacted support yet as I wanna figure out the exact circumstances when this occurs first.

• Information