BUS Channel Bouncing

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
RyanMichael

04 Mar 2021

Hi all!
After many years with Reason I have finally encountered an issue that I cant work around. My PC is maxed out because of all the plugins I have stacked on every track. I'm overloading my pc with every project. I use bus channels to group things together, like guitars for example or drums. Once I have adjusted the compression on the bus channel, tweaked each individual track in the bus group, I'm ready to bounce out the bus track so I can delete a ton of plugins and effects and get rid of several tracks...but the bounced bus track sounds nothing like the original bus channel. Its dry and lifeless.. Its lost all that energy I had dialed in perfectly. Side by side, the bounced and the original are completely different. Something isn't right. Changing settings in the "Bounce Mixer Channels" window doesn't make any difference. What am I missing?
Thx!
:puf_smile:

Jackjackdaw

11 Mar 2021

Do you mean dry as in no fx are bounced or that the audible quality of the sound is different?

client6

11 Mar 2021

We’re you using send effects on anything?

selig
RE Developer

11 Mar 2021

client6 wrote:
11 Mar 2021
We’re you using send effects on anything?
That's what I was going to ask, sends would not be included in the bus channel bounce - if you solo the bus channel and bounce the master (or just export song) does it sound right?
What exact settings are you using to bounce?
Selig Audio, LLC

ProfessaKaos

11 Mar 2021

Are the bounced channels being routed to the same destination channel(s) as before they were bounced to audio?
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

• Information