Enlightenspeed MeloDramatik in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ottostrom

09 Mar 2021

Oh man I feel kinda bad for taking advantage of this new discount but I would regret it if I didn't :?

Ottostrom

09 Mar 2021

There are two segments in the manual which I don't fully understand and would appreciate some clarification on:

"The Global Algorithm is how you change the algorithm when in Global
Mode. Of course, you can use this as an on-the-fly controller for the whole
device, but another great usage for it is to help you fine tune the individual
algorithms, particularly the Spreads"

I thought the Global Algorithm was ONLY used when the device was set to Global Mode, but it seems to serve a different purpose as well? In what way does your Global Algorithm affect the other algorithms when running the device in Sequencer Mode?

"There are 4 Spread controls in the Edit Panel. Each range from -24 to +24,
with the A/B output types as explained above. Each value simply adds or
subtracts the appropriate amount to the incoming notes, depending on
which algorithm is selected. "

It doesn't say it here but my assumption is that the Spread controls only affect the different Spread algorithms and leaves the other ones alone? At least that's how it seemed when I was running some tests. Also, I think there is a small mistake in the manual here since the Spread controls are not in the Edit Panel, but the Seq Panel.

ksniod

09 Mar 2021

Instant buy. As a Melodic Inverter user, I'm looking forward for even more crazy rich musical possibilities from this player.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 Mar 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
09 Mar 2021
There are two segments in the manual which I don't fully understand and would appreciate some clarification on:

"The Global Algorithm is how you change the algorithm when in Global
Mode. Of course, you can use this as an on-the-fly controller for the whole
device, but another great usage for it is to help you fine tune the individual
algorithms, particularly the Spreads"

I thought the Global Algorithm was ONLY used when the device was set to Global Mode, but it seems to serve a different purpose as well? In what way does your Global Algorithm affect the other algorithms when running the device in Sequencer Mode?

"There are 4 Spread controls in the Edit Panel. Each range from -24 to +24,
with the A/B output types as explained above. Each value simply adds or
subtracts the appropriate amount to the incoming notes, depending on
which algorithm is selected. "

It doesn't say it here but my assumption is that the Spread controls only affect the different Spread algorithms and leaves the other ones alone? At least that's how it seemed when I was running some tests. Also, I think there is a small mistake in the manual here since the Spread controls are not in the Edit Panel, but the Seq Panel.
Ok, firstly the Global Algorithm control does indeed only affect the Global Mode.
The Spreads only affect the algorithms which are part Spread, as well.

However we have the 4 standard spread modes, which are either part of other algorithms or standalone. If you mess around with the Spread 1 controller, then you also mess around with Assymetric Interval And Spread 1. So if you are wanting to get these to work with each other as tightly as possible, then using the Global Algorithm in Global Mode
and audiotioning the variants can help. However... this is a bit more academic with MeloDramatik, whereas it was more important in Melodic Inverter - but the scaling and filtering overrules it all anyway, so it's less of a concern, now.

Hope this makes sense,
Brian

Ottostrom

09 Mar 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Ok, firstly the Global Algorithm control does indeed only affect the Global Mode.
The Spreads only affect the algorithms which are part Spread, as well.

However we have the 4 standard spread modes, which are either part of other algorithms or standalone. If you mess around with the Spread 1 controller, then you also mess around with Assymetric Interval And Spread 1. So if you are wanting to get these to work with each other as tightly as possible, then using the Global Algorithm in Global Mode
and audiotioning the variants can help. However... this is a bit more academic with MeloDramatik, whereas it was more important in Melodic Inverter - but the scaling and filtering overrules it all anyway, so it's less of a concern, now.

Hope this makes sense,
Brian
Ah okay I get what you mean now! Thanks for the clarification :)

LongFist

09 Mar 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Oh man I feel kinda bad for taking advantage of this new discount but I would regret it if I didn't :?
Exactly what I was feeling! I didn't think I would need anything more than Melodic Inverter, but man was I mistaken! This MeloDramatik module is really far out! :clap: And now I have so much more to learn, because it does so much, much, more...

Big Big BIG Thank-You to ElightenSpeed! Thanks!!!
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Mar 2021

ksniod wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Instant buy. As a Melodic Inverter user, I'm looking forward for even more crazy rich musical possibilities from this player.
Excellent!

Always good to hear people are enjoying our plugins.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Mar 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Don't feel bad about it :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Mar 2021

LongFist wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Ottostrom wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Exactly what I was feeling! I didn't think I would need anything more than Melodic Inverter, but man was I mistaken! This MeloDramatik module is really far out! :clap: And now I have so much more to learn, because it does so much, much, more...

Big Big BIG Thank-You to ElightenSpeed! Thanks!!!
...and the same for yourself! :D

DaveyG

10 Mar 2021

At that crazy low temporary price I think you might sell bucketloads. I'm even tempted myself although I am currently in zero-spend mode and I don't understand most of what it does!

MannequinRaces

10 Mar 2021

Think it might be time for my first Enlightenspeed RE!!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Mar 2021

DaveyG wrote:
10 Mar 2021
At that crazy low temporary price I think you might sell bucketloads. I'm even tempted myself although I am currently in zero-spend mode and I don't understand most of what it does!
Considering the financial problems everyone is having, and that March/April is the yearly dead zone for RE sales, it's going really, really well. I'm delighted with it so far :D

Cheers,
Brian

MannequinRaces

11 Mar 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
11 Mar 2021
DaveyG wrote:
10 Mar 2021
Considering the financial problems everyone is having, and that March/April is the yearly dead zone for RE sales, it's going really, really well. I'm delighted with it so far :D

Cheers,
Brian
That’s good to hear! I figured Jan / Feb would be the slowest months for sales.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
10 Mar 2021
...and about gad dumb time!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
11 Mar 2021
Enlightenspeed wrote:
11 Mar 2021

Cheers,
Brian
That’s good to hear! I figured Jan / Feb would be the slowest months for sales.
These are the down slope, I find, with March/April being the bottom of the valley.

MannequinRaces

11 Mar 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
11 Mar 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
10 Mar 2021
...and about gad dumb time!
I know, I know, haha. :)

littlejam

13 Mar 2021

hello,

just picked up MeloDramatik
checking in here as a behind the scenes instruction manual bookmark

wonderful RE

cheers and mahalos,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

13 Mar 2021

littlejam wrote:
13 Mar 2021
hello,

just picked up MeloDramatik
checking in here as a behind the scenes instruction manual bookmark

wonderful RE

cheers and mahalos,

j
Great stuff,

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm going to be doing more videos which will be for instructional purposes, so if there is anything in particular that you want then let me know :D

Cheers,
Brian

ab459

13 Mar 2021

Hi, do i right understand that it can do all the same as Melodic Inverter ? (in addition to his other abilities)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

13 Mar 2021

ab459 wrote:
13 Mar 2021
Hi, do i right understand that it can do all the same as Melodic Inverter ? (in addition to his other abilities)
It can perform all the same processes and a whole lot more.

MeloDramatik has 53 basic algorithms as opposed to 16 on Melodic Inverter.
MeloDramatik also has a much more powerful Randomizer function set, and a larger set of step rates.

Everything else is new - Filters, Scales, Pass/Mute Group controls, Patterns etc.

You will also still have access to Melodic Inverter if you already own it, MeloDramatik will not replace it.

Hope this helps,
Brian

ab459

13 Mar 2021

@Enlightenspeed Ok thanks, grabbed. Just been wonder before purchase if i do not missed anything because i do not have Inverter.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 Mar 2021

ab459 wrote:
13 Mar 2021
@Enlightenspeed Ok thanks, grabbed. Just been wonder before purchase if i do not missed anything because i do not have Inverter.
Oh right, I get you.

No, it's not like part 1a and 1b. I can see why that might be thought of that way, but MeloDramatik is an evolution of Melodic Inverter.

There should be more videos on Monday btw :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 Mar 2021

Hi folks,

Just uploaded a new version to the build servers for acceptance, and it should be available for download within a day or so.

We've added the Step and Rate controls to the "per pattern" list. So these controls will now save on a per pattern basis, rather than globally. We were getting a lot of requests for this, and it seemed pretty reasonable to ask for it, so it was done quickly.

Should have a new video up for you later today as well, where we have fun with filters! I decided against making it Sheldon themed, but it should still be cool :D

Cheers,
Brian

ab459

15 Mar 2021

@Enlightenspeed Thanks !

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Mar 2021

Ok folks,

the next video is available. It discusses and demonstrates the filter section. Have fun!

Cheers,
Brian

• Information