Algoritm Song Competition!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
sdst
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2021

hello here is my entry following the rules :-)

soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/sdst-1/fm-samurai

joeyluck

09 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Popey wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Well I entered the comp.All algoritm and stock reason devices. Drums and vocals are samples but everything else is Algoritm and stock reason devices.

I did not see anywhere to add my ableton live project though. Perhaps they just ask for this if you are a winner so they probably don't need this from me :)
I would assume that the project files needed to be viewed before the decision or else how would they determine whether you were in accordance with the rules.

Not saying you've cheated, but without the file who would know ;)

Either way good luck
It's how it's typically done. Have you ever entered a competition here? Most of them in the past are conducted by just posting a streamable link into a forum thread and no project files submitted at the time of entry. The dev or us will verify finalists/winners :)

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
09 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
09 Mar 2021

I would assume that the project files needed to be viewed before the decision or else how would they determine whether you were in accordance with the rules.

Not saying you've cheated, but without the file who would know ;)

Either way good luck
It's how it's typically done. Have you ever entered a competition here? Most of them in the past are conducted by just posting a streamable link into a forum thread and no project files submitted at the time of entry. The dev or us will verify finalists/winners :)
Hi this is my first ever competition so sorry didnt have any prior knowledge and mentioned it in case I missed a part of the application where I should have added the file. 👍

Quarmat
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2021

Hi there,

here's my entry for the Algoritm Song Competition.

What I used:

8 instances of Algoritm (mostly patches I made plus some presets i tweaked a bit)
1 Kong
1 BV512 Vocoder (modulating a Algoritm carrier)
Various players (Dual Arpeggio, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer, PolyStep Sequencer)
1 RPG-8 Arpeggiator
1 Synchronous (for stutter effect)
M Class compressors, limiter and EQ on voice track/vocoder
SSL EQ and sidechain compression
M Class 4 band compression on Master Bus

Thank you for hosting the competition!

Good luck everyone, can't wait to hear your tracks :)

Harpuia

11 Mar 2021

I decided to throw my hat into the ring, with this sort of vaporwave-ish, lofi hiphop-ish amalgamation.

14 instances of Algoritm, and three instances of Umpf Retro Beats for the drums. The riser is also Algoritm, as is that downlifter thing. Minimal effects, mostly Polar, the Master Bus Compressor, and Quartet, along with the stock reverbs and delays.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

lipo231

12 Mar 2021

Hello there, here is my entry.

I used 13 instances of Algoritm, half presets, half my own sounds.
Drums are Drum supply.

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2021

Form sent. My Entry. Good times.

aeox
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2021

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
05 Mar 2021
So many wasted discussions about a few fx, where the time could be used to make great music...Man, i whish i could join the competition and i would make everything just with Algoritm...
What keeps you back? There's still one full week to go! :thumbup:
NBTW now I feel cheaty because I used Kong synth drum :D

Loque

13 Mar 2021

Re8et wrote:
13 Mar 2021
Loque wrote:
05 Mar 2021
So many wasted discussions about a few fx, where the time could be used to make great music...Man, i whish i could join the competition and i would make everything just with Algoritm...
What keeps you back? There's still one full week to go! :thumbup:
NBTW now I feel cheaty because I used Kong synth drum :D
As a mod i am not allowed to participate and time is short for music atm. But i started a track yesterday and hope to finish it today. Nothing fancy, just me noodling around.
Reason12, Win10

EdwardKiy

13 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
13 Mar 2021

As a mod i am not allowed to participate
Unless you're paid for being a judge, I don't see any rule that expressly prohibits you from participating. After playing with some of your absolutely insane patches, I would be both humbled and curious to participate against you. Since Reason Studios will also be the judges there are no issues with decision integrity. Please take it up with the other mods. Please, please.

Loque

13 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
13 Mar 2021
Loque wrote:
13 Mar 2021

As a mod i am not allowed to participate
Unless you're paid for being a judge, I don't see any rule that expressly prohibits you from participating. After playing with some of your absolutely insane patches, I would be both humbled and curious to participate against you. Since Reason Studios will also be the judges there are no issues with decision integrity. Please take it up with the other mods. Please, please.
Its ok. Its the same for all mods. I agree with it and accapt it. But thanks for the kind words.

And no, i don't get paid for moderating or listening and judging the 1000 songs you guys will send in for this competition.

I wish you and all other lots of fun and good luck!
Reason12, Win10

inforlk

13 Mar 2021

This is a track created for the Reasontalk contest.

I have only used Reason 11 Standalone, no external DAW.

All sound design is mine created from “Algoritm” device for Reason:
Kick, Clap, Snare, Hat, Pluck, Pad, Lead, Noise & Reese Bass. I have not used Samples, VST or external effects only MClass Compressor for sidechain, RV700 MkII convolution reverb & Synchronous Effect.

I hope you like it...

Loque

14 Mar 2021

Here is my noodeling around with Algoritm in my short time. All sounds come from Algoritm, mainly factory patches which i just tweaked to my taste. Some rare additional stock effects were used.

Have fun and be inspired!

Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

14 Mar 2021

Wow I'm actually going to enter this and already have a few tracks to select from, Algoritm is fantastic!

So is this:

and this:

Jagwah

14 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
14 Mar 2021
Here is my noodeling around with Algoritm in my short time. All sounds come from Algoritm, mainly factory patches which i just tweaked to my taste. Some rare additional stock effects were used.

Really cool track it felt like Zombie Nation at the start, I'd like to see you guys in the comp too if you aren't judging.

Jagwah

14 Mar 2021

inforlk wrote:
13 Mar 2021

Kick, Clap, Snare, Hat, Pluck, Pad, Lead, Noise & Reese Bass. I have not used Samples, VST or external effects only MClass Compressor for sidechain, RV700 MkII convolution reverb & Synchronous Effect.

I hope you like it...
Sick man love the dirty dirty reese, and to make everything from scratch in Algortim too, very nice, and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Loque

14 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
14 Mar 2021
Loque wrote:
14 Mar 2021

Really cool track it felt like Zombie Nation at the start, I'd like to see you guys in the comp too if you aren't judging.

Maybe if i have enough of moderating rage posts, managing spam or dont care anymore, i stop beeing a mod :lol:
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

14 Mar 2021

aeox wrote:
13 Mar 2021
Man that's f*******cking wicked, and very intimidating, love the backwards feel of the lead, really epic man. :thumbup:
Re8et wrote:
12 Mar 2021
Form sent. My Entry. Good times.
Wow crazy dark, inevitable impending doom type feeling, really good creative drumming too, great work! :clap:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2021

Since Loque took the liberty of posting an Algoritm track even though he's not able to enter the Competition, I'll copy him and do the same.
This track is NOT an entry. I have used some effects not allowed in this Challenge. This is the track I talked about earlier in the thread that I was working on. All synth sounds come from Algoritm. And the "rhythmical sticks/percussion" sound also comes from Algoritm.

Loque

14 Mar 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Mar 2021
Since Loque took the liberty of posting an Algoritm track even though he's not able to enter the Competition, I'll copy him and do the same.
This track is NOT an entry. I have used some effects not allowed in this Challenge. This is the track I talked about earlier in the thread that I was working on. All synth sounds come from Algoritm. And the "rhythmical sticks/percussion" sound also comes from Algoritm.

I still have a few hours weekend and can do a "Reason only" remix for you :lol:
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
14 Mar 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Mar 2021

But then you'd be forced to work with Reasons Maximizer for your limiter needs. And no one deserves to go through that kind of suffering. I would never do that to you. :lol:

Loque

14 Mar 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Mar 2021
Loque wrote:
14 Mar 2021

But then you'd be forced to work with Reasons Maximizer for your limiter needs. And no one deserves to go through that kind of suffering. I would never do that to you. :lol:
The Maximzer from Reason isnt that bad. Just use it with care and maybe use 2 or 3 instances with different settings. Sure it hasnt much intelligent handling of bad low end and all that stuff, buts its ok for a build-in.
Reason12, Win10

inforlk

14 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
14 Mar 2021
inforlk wrote:
13 Mar 2021

I hope you like it...
Sick man love the dirty dirty reese, and to make everything from scratch in Algortim too, very nice, and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:
Thank you very much, I am not a fan of Reason (Standalone) but I love their "Devices"... :thumbup:
Last edited by inforlk on 14 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

turbopage
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2021

I'm in!

Music Will Save Us

• Information