Enlightenspeed MeloDramatik in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Mar 2021

Hey folks,

We are proud to release our latest plugin - MeloDramatik

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... odramatik/

Discounts are available on this for all Melodic Inverter owners, which we will sort out tomorrow when we update this post - there is a requirement for voucher codes - otherwise you wouldn't have been able to keep the original Melodic Inverter version. Those Melodic Inverter owners looking to get an upgrade voucher should contact us on enlightenspeed@gmail.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

It's been a long day here at the Enlightenspeed building, so we shall now go toast our success and come back to this tomorrow morning! :puf_smile:

Cheers and stay safe folks,
Brian
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 05 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

05 Mar 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Hey folks,

We are proud to release our latest plugin - MeloDramatik

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... odramatik/

Discounts are available on this for all MeloDramatik owners, which we will sort out tomorrow when we update this post - there is a requirement for voucher codes - otherwise you wouldn't have been able to keep the original Melodic Inverter version. Those Melodic Inverter owners looking to get an upgrade voucher should contact us on enlightenspeed@gmail.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

It's been a long day here at the Enlightenspeed building, so we shall now go toast our success and come back to this tomorrow morning! :puf_smile:

Cheers and stay safe folks,
Brian
"
Discounts are available on this for all MeloDramatik owners, which we will sort out tomorrow when we update this post - there is a requirement for voucher codes - otherwise you wouldn't have been able to keep the original Melodic Inverter version. Those Melodic Inverter owners looking to get an upgrade voucher should contact us on enlightenspeed@gmail.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours."

Did you mean Melodic Inverter Owners?

D.

LongFist

05 Mar 2021

Yes. I suspect that he did. eMail sent.

This looks to be fantastic!!! Just, wow!
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

jam-s

05 Mar 2021

So how much is this "upgrade" for owners of Melodic Inverter with the special discount code?

selig
RE Developer

05 Mar 2021

Congrats yet again Brian, this looks amazing as always! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

PhillipOrdonez

05 Mar 2021

Brilliant player device! Midi mangling powerhouse 💪

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Mar 2021

eusti wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Did you mean Melodic Inverter Owners?

D.
Yes, of course 😊 Thanks

Have now fixed the OP

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Mar 2021

jam-s wrote:
05 Mar 2021
So how much is this "upgrade" for owners of Melodic Inverter with the special discount code?
65% off, which can be used in conjunction with the early bird discount within the first month.

This all goes a bit funny once you convert to the different currencies but if it’s in £ then the starting cost is £64, discounted to £48 in the early bird sale, and the remaining 35% of that is £16.80. I can’t confirm the precision of that calculation btw, it’s based on a voucher system that I haven’t seen in action yet, but it should at least be very close 😊

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Mar 2021

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I’d respond individually but the Mrs is telling me to get off my phone 😊

Cheers,
Brian

jam-s

05 Mar 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
05 Mar 2021
65% off, which can be used in conjunction with the early bird discount within the first month.

This all goes a bit funny once you convert to the different currencies but if it’s in £ then the starting cost is £64, discounted to £48 in the early bird sale, and the remaining 35% of that is £16.80. I can’t confirm the precision of that calculation btw, it’s based on a voucher system that I haven’t seen in action yet, but it should at least be very close 😊

Cheers,
Brian
Nice, that's very generous. Expect my mail asking for the discount code (as I usually don't check that subscribe box when buying a RE). ;)

teddymcw

05 Mar 2021

Yes, awesome and congrats!

This looks to be very promising and filling some very interesting musical ground. A very welcome addition to the musical playground at hand!

I really think the abilities and combinations of these creative players along with the rack functions are what will keep strongly enticing people to use Reason, and I really think it's a stronger proposition for so many than just the sounds it can offer.

Happened to have made an old album I titled Mellow-Dramatic hah. Cheers!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Mar 2021

Good Morning all,

Sorry for doing this to you but it appears there is a slight technical hitch with the vouchers which cannot be fixed until Monday; this was my fault as I misread something yesterday when I was exhausted. Obviously trials will still work etc but I apologise profusely for any inconvenience this causes.

We shall send out emails to all of our users who have consented to email contact on Monday.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks to all for the excellent response so far :D

Cheers,
Brian

moneykube

06 Mar 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Good Morning all,

Sorry for doing this to you but it appears there is a slight technical hitch with the vouchers which cannot be fixed until Monday; this was my fault as I misread something yesterday when I was exhausted. Obviously trials will still work etc but I apologise profusely for any inconvenience this causes.

We shall send out emails to all of our users who have consented to email contact on Monday.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks to all for the excellent response so far :D

Cheers,
Brian
ya servers are screwed again... understood !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

SynthRatings

06 Mar 2021

So, it's a Pattern Mutator alternative then? What are the main differences between the two?
Love the accent BTW :)
I publish ratings of VST and RE instruments on a dedicated YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SynthRatings

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

SynthRatings wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Comes with the territory. Some may say it’s a gift.
It’s certainly a plus here in Sweden :). Exotic.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

arnigretar

06 Mar 2021

Nice! Congratz on the new device :) Love the filter! Well done.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

07 Mar 2021

SynthRatings wrote:
06 Mar 2021
So, it's a Pattern Mutator alternative then? What are the main differences between the two?
Thanks for the kind words regarding the accent 😊

As for the differences with Pattern Mutator? Well Pattern Mutator is “generation 1” so a fairer comparison is between Pattern Mutator and the now discontinued Melodic Inverter.

The main difference is that Mel Inverter is a real-time processor while Pattern Mutator is a static process more akin to offline processing. Melodic Inverter allowed you to play around with the output in real-time and record the changes to the sequencer, whereas Pattern Mutator builds static variations on existing recordings.

Pattern Mutator works on a limited space whereas Melodic Inverter is infinite, so Pattern Mutator cannot give evolving real-time variation that you record in the sequencer. The flip side is that Pattern Mutator can do more than Melodic Inverter with that small space because it knows exactly what it is before you hit the process mechanism.

The result is two processes that have some similar characteristics but are coming from completely different angles. It’s tempting to think that this is the same result for the end user but nothing could be further from the truth. PM gives better drum fills, for example, but MI is a better songwriters tool; each device can wander into the others stronghold but it won’t be getting mind blowing results in doing so.

So, MeloDramatik is “generation 2”. Would PM 2, if/when RS release it, be a competitor for MeloDramatik? No, because the Genesis of the two devices is so different, that the likely evolutionary path of PM would be in a different direction. At a guess, I’d say, more mutation banks would be the main one; given the likely under-the-good design of PM v1.0 I can’t see any reason why v2.0 couldn’t have a great deal more memory on board - 32 would be a better minimum. 64 would be great, but the patch size could start to get a bit painful. The point is though that PM 2, if RS ever do one, would likely be a different direction of upgrade.

So, uhm, apples and pears etc etc

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

08 Mar 2021

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I need to advise you that there has been a monumental f*** up regarding the vouchers.

I won't go into the details of it, but would ask that you don't use the vouchers you have been sent so far. There are many still pending to go out, I have a long list of names of those who have asked for them, but these will now be dealt with in a different manner.

All vouchers will be deactivated tomorrow anyway, so if you have one and you have not used it then please disregard it. If you have already used it then do not worry, your purchase is absolutely safe.

I will, of course, keep you all updated on the progress of a different scheme. Most likely to save hassle I'll just offer it cheap to everyone as an introductory offer, as this is likely to be the simplest way forward.

Cheers, and sorry for the aggro,
Brian

LongFist

08 Mar 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
08 Mar 2021
Cheers, and sorry for the aggro,
Thank you for taking your time and trying to help us out! We really appreciate it!

Life is always full of challenges. Otherwise it would just be boring. You'll/We'll get over it, given a little time.

Thanks again,

- The Lurking LongFist
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

RoryM0

08 Mar 2021

These things happen mate. Don't stress :thumbup:

Ottostrom

08 Mar 2021

Had some time to play around with this player and I'm very impressed!
Not only does it give very musical results but it does so in real time which makes it easy to operate.
I had skimmed through the manual beforehand and had no frustrations while using it :) Very intuitive design!
For my kind of workflow I would pick this one over Pattern Mutator, but I can see how there is room for both.

Here's a very basic mutation of a piano melody! The first one is the original which was fed into MeloDramatik.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 Mar 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
08 Mar 2021
Had some time to play around with this player and I'm very impressed!
Not only does it give very musical results but it does so in real time which makes it easy to operate.
I had skimmed through the manual beforehand and had no frustrations while using it :) Very intuitive design!
For my kind of workflow I would pick this one over Pattern Mutator, but I can see how there is room for both.

Here's a very basic mutation of a piano melody! The first one is the original which was fed into MeloDramatik.
AWESOME!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 Mar 2021

Ok folks here's how it is!

Due to an error in how the vouchers were going to work we had to pull that idea! Sucks, but that's that.

We decided that original owners should still get a hefty discount, particularly as we'd told them they would :D

So we've decided to call this the "Bank error in your favour sale!".

As of the point when RS activate the updated shop link (should be this morning some time), until the 1st of April, a whopping discount is available to all customers.

Enjoy!

Brian @ Enlightenspeed

moneykube

09 Mar 2021

pm sent
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information