Delete ReasonTalk Account

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
ElektroMann

26 Feb 2021

Hi,

how can I delete my ReasonTalk account including all my posts :)

Thank!

Cheers.

Billy+

26 Feb 2021

Try contacting one of the mods via PM - possible joey might be best!

Why do you want to do this?

challism

04 Mar 2021

We are likely to decline the request. If you don't want to be on Reasontalk, just stop coming here and we will quickly forget about you.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

04 Mar 2021

challism wrote:
04 Mar 2021
We are likely to decline the request. If you don't want to be on Reasontalk, just stop coming here and we will quickly forget about you.
Actually I think you are obliged to provide a means for users have their account deleted, even if it is only by messaging a mod. However, you are not obliged to remove their posts.

Billy+

04 Mar 2021

challism wrote:
04 Mar 2021
:lol:

challism

04 Mar 2021

DaveyG wrote:
04 Mar 2021
challism wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Actually I think you are obliged to provide a means for users have their account deleted, even if it is only by messaging a mod. However, you are not obliged to remove their posts.
Obliged by what, some kind of international law or just obliged by your opinion? Why should mods be tasked with yet another chore to be deleting the accounts and posts of users who want their accounts deleted one week, but then return again the next week? If you saw how many of these silly requests we get, you might change your tune. Anyway, my solution is the easiest one; don't want to be here, stop coming here. Problem solved.

BTW, your reply to this thread was fittingly your 666th post! ha ha ha
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (9.32 KiB) Viewed 7823 times

Bes
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2021

eesh thats a disrespectful response :(
it doesn't seem like very sustainable work if thats what you think of the users of this website
- Certified Reason expert

guitfnky

04 Mar 2021

wow, yeah, not how I expect a moderator to act. 😕
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Bes
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2021

heck being a mod is probably hard work thats also unpaid and unrewarding so that is no good and should be addressed by whomever might be able to do so

its also not challisms or any moderators fault that the website doesnt give the user the option to delete their own account and posts, and thats also not great for the users

challism

05 Mar 2021

Bes wrote:
04 Mar 2021
eesh thats a disrespectful response :(
it doesn't seem like very sustainable work if thats what you think of the users of this website
I was having a bit of fun with my comments; no disrespect meant.

In all seriousness, I don't see why a user can't just abandon an account, instead of asking for it to be deleted. I'm sure everybody's got abandoned accounts all over the Internet. I know I've still got hotmail, yahoo and other accounts that I don't anymore. They are still active, as far as I know, but it doesn't matter. It was easier to just stop using those accounts, instead of trying to figure out how to delete them. No harm done. Yes, it would be good if RT had an option for users to do it themselves, unfortunately we don't have that.

I fail to see how I said anything bad about any of the users of RT, so I don't even understand your second sentence.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2021

I sent a PM to Kenny a few years ago asking him to delete my account as I needed an Internet and telephone detox and I was spending far too much time here.
I never got a reply and even though I’m still spending too much time here (you all know that) I’m so glad I’ve still got my account. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heater

05 Mar 2021

I agree with the mod. If you want to leave then stop coming.

I’ve left forums for years and then came across them and started posting again. No need to delete accounts.

Bes
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2021

challism wrote:
05 Mar 2021
I was having a bit of fun with my comments; no disrespect meant.

In all seriousness, I don't see why a user can't just abandon an account, instead of asking for it to be deleted. I'm sure everybody's got abandoned accounts all over the Internet. I know I've still got hotmail, yahoo and other accounts that I don't anymore. They are still active, as far as I know, but it doesn't matter. It was easier to just stop using those accounts, instead of trying to figure out how to delete them. No harm done. Yes, it would be good if RT had an option for users to do it themselves, unfortunately we don't have that.

I fail to see how I said anything bad about any of the users of RT, so I don't even understand your second sentence.
okidoki, i guess some of us use the word "silly" to belittle others.

about the accounts thing tho, it isn't important that you understand everyones reasons for requests that come your way, and not understanding isn't a good reason for denying something

VariableX

05 Mar 2021

Heater wrote:
05 Mar 2021

I’ve left forums for years and then came across them and started posting again. No need to delete accounts.
i disagree i think we should be able to delete our accounts (not our posts)

I would love my account to be deleted. come on delete my account please please please, ive asked vefore and had no reply.

Loque

05 Mar 2021

fretshot7 wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Heater wrote:
05 Mar 2021

i disagree i think we should be able to delete our accounts (not our posts)

I would love my account to be deleted. come on delete my account please please please, ive asked vefore and had no reply.
...and you are still here and you are still posting... :clap:
Reason12, Win10

Heater

05 Mar 2021

Can someone please explain why it's important for their account to be deleted? I don't understand.

DaveyG

05 Mar 2021

challism wrote:
04 Mar 2021
DaveyG wrote:
04 Mar 2021

Obliged by what, some kind of international law
Pretty much. EU Internet users have the right to be forgotten, GDPR article 17, which means that owners of a site are obliged to delete contact and other details from any user that requests it. Which country hosts ReasonTalk?

And beyond the obligation, it's a simple courtesy. The process should be something like: User requests it, Mod asks user if they are sure and emphasises that it is not reversible, User confirms, Mod deletes. It's not difficult.

The more I see of mods on this site the more I think they have been doing it too long. :roll: :roll: :roll:

guitfnky

05 Mar 2021

amazing—now it's multiple mods in here acting snide and dismissive.

personally I would just leave, but the point is, the person wants to have their account deleted—and it should be their choice to do it.

seeing mods whine about not doing it, and being frankly dickish about it isn't a good look. just delete the damn account and move on.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

motuscott

05 Mar 2021

Not to be all contrarian 'n shit, but with all the trashing of Props, are we going to start trashing RT mods as well?
Who remembers the PUF?
Pepperidge Farms does...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information