Algoritm is released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
SoundObjects
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Dec 2018

Post 27 Feb 2021

Ahornberg wrote:
27 Feb 2021
SoundObjects wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Can someone help ? :shock:

algr.png
quantum entanglement :cool:
Thank you :D
The Universe Is Vibrating

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2667
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 27 Feb 2021

KinbakuRitm
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 826
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 28 Feb 2021

miscend wrote:
26 Feb 2021
kuhliloach wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Looks promising. Had this been added to the R11 product instead of being a stand alone $99 product I might have upgraded to 11. Certainly not buying a $99 synth separately.
When has anything like that ever happened.
The last time they did this was the last time I last paid $99 or more for a stand alone synth from Reason Studios: never! (and I never will)

EdGrip
Posts: 2223
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 28 Feb 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
28 Feb 2021
miscend wrote:
26 Feb 2021


When has anything like that ever happened.
The last time they did this was the last time I last paid $99 or more for a stand alone synth from Reason Studios: never! (and I never will)
Is this because you won't pay $99 or more for *any* plugin synth, or because no RS synth RE can ever be worth $99 but VSTs can be?

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 28 Feb 2021

How long do you think we will have to wait before it goes on sale........
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 703
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 28 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021
How long do you think we will have to wait before it goes on sale........
May madness, 30% off. If not then, bf sales.

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 826
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 28 Feb 2021

EdGrip wrote:
28 Feb 2021
kuhliloach wrote:
28 Feb 2021


The last time they did this was the last time I last paid $99 or more for a stand alone synth from Reason Studios: never! (and I never will)
Is this because you won't pay $99 or more for *any* plugin synth, or because no RS synth RE can ever be worth $99 but VSTs can be?
It just seems to be excessive pricing when some of my best synths on desktop and iOS were $5 or $10, free, or included with a DAW. I think I paid $25 for Vital Plus just to support the developer and get the extra presets.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 28 Feb 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
28 Feb 2021
It just seems to be excessive pricing when some of my best synths on desktop and iOS were $5 or $10, free, or included with a DAW. I think I paid $25 for Vital Plus just to support the developer and get the extra presets.
I would have to agree with you on the overall pricing structure with most in house RS devices especially if you look at it in terms of using them only in reason, but since the introduction of RRP I'm afraid that argument no longer stands.

Don't get me wrong I still think they are over priced but they always do some reasonable deals so if you don't mind waiting then it's not that much of a problem.

I'm hoping that now they have decided on not including extra devices in the main DAW update that the price of the DAW will come down and make spending the extras on devices a bit more accessible.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

JdA57
Posts: 73
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 01 Mar 2021

:exclamation: BUG or by Design?????

If you Route an Envelope from a Slot (Maybe 1 Fm - Unit) to another Slot (maybe Fm Osc too), via Matrix, the destination-Osc recognizing Attack, Decay and Sustain But NOT the Releaselevel ???

Will be Fine of this will working as expexted, because That way we can use one Masterenvelope and habe Not to change this Valutamark in each OSC (of Same Values needed.

(PS: this RE is the Best, Reasonstudios / Props ever did. Very fair pricing :thumbs_up: )

User avatar
lowtom
Posts: 172
Joined: 29 Sep 2017

Post 01 Mar 2021

JdA57 wrote:
01 Mar 2021
:exclamation: BUG or by Design?????

If you Route an Envelope from a Slot (Maybe 1 Fm - Unit) to another Slot (maybe Fm Osc too), via Matrix, the destination-Osc recognizing Attack, Decay and Sustain But NOT the Releaselevel ???

Will be Fine of this will working as expexted, because That way we can use one Masterenvelope and habe Not to change this Valutamark in each OSC (of Same Values needed.

(PS: this RE is the Best, Reasonstudios / Props ever did. Very fair pricing :thumbs_up: )
It is by design.
In most FM synthesis implementations operators have their own distinct envelopes. Sometimes there is global time offset or even ADSR but that is only offsetting what is already set in each operator. In Algoritm it is Dec/Rel parameter offset.
:reason: :refill: :re:

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7433
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021
How long do you think we will have to wait before it goes on sale........
November 2021 at the earliest, I'd wager. They won't put it on sale for May Madness - that's barely 3 months away. I can't recall anytime in the past they launched an RE at full price and then put it on sale that soon.
Win 10 | Abelton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Sumsung 870 QVO 2 TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021
How long do you think we will have to wait before it goes on sale........
EnochLight wrote:
01 Mar 2021
November 2021 at the earliest, I'd wager. They won't put it on sale for May Madness - that's barely 3 months away. I can't recall anytime in the past they launched an RE at full price and then put it on sale that soon.

You say that but Friktion is only 6 months old and I'm sure I picked it up on BF sale ;)

Luckily I don't suffer with FOMO :lol:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2104
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 01 Mar 2021

T-minus 26 hours and counting...


User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7433
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
01 Mar 2021
You say that but Friktion is only 6 months old and I'm sure I picked it up on BF sale ;)
Did Reason+ exist then? :lol: At any rate, sounds like you got a good deal. Maybe users will get lucky with Algoritm in 3 months. :thumbup:
Win 10 | Abelton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Sumsung 870 QVO 2 TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 01 Mar 2021

EnochLight wrote:
01 Mar 2021

Did Reason+ exist then? :lol: At any rate, sounds like you got a good deal. Maybe users will get lucky with Algoritm in 3 months. :thumbup:
I was sure that nothing was supposed to change for us perpetual user, R+ was just another method to access Reason?

Are you saying that we will get harsher treatment for not subscribing........
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Rappelled Hero
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Feb 2021

Post 01 Mar 2021

Rappelled Hero wrote:
26 Feb 2021
I won't be able to test this until next week.

In the mean time, can anyone advise what the CPU usage of this is like?

Is it comparable to PX7 in CPU use? And is it more CPU heavy or less CPU heavy than Europa?

Please let me know! Thank you
Got round to testing it and the CPU use is incredibly low, very impressed!

Just waiting on Reason Studios to release the patch for the memory-leak bug and I'll be very happy with my Reason+ sub.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
01 Mar 2021
EnochLight wrote:
01 Mar 2021

Did Reason+ exist then? :lol: At any rate, sounds like you got a good deal. Maybe users will get lucky with Algoritm in 3 months. :thumbup:
I was sure that nothing was supposed to change for us perpetual user, R+ was just another method to access Reason?

Are you saying that we will get harsher treatment for not subscribing........
Well that was already debunked wasn't it? All that "they're gonna charge more for their REs now" stuff...and they didn't did they? Algoritm is $99. And keep in mind that Parsec has always been $119.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7433
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
01 Mar 2021
Are you saying that we will get harsher treatment for not subscribing........
You make it sound like we're indentured servants working the fields. :lol: I really have no idea; just posing a possible outcome. Do they always put new RE's on sale within 90 days of release? I really don't know - I haven't followed those trends. Black Friday does tend to be the benchmark that many retailers who sell in western markets do their biggest discounts, though - so perhaps Friktion was put on sale so soon for that reason. The "May Madness" sale is completely made up and not typically something that moves retail markets nearly as much as Black Friday. Guess I would just be surprised if it does go on sale for that so soon.
Win 10 | Abelton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Sumsung 870 QVO 2 TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 01 Mar 2021

That's what I thought.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 01 Mar 2021

Algoritm looks amazing and dead easy to use. Awesome tutorial by Ryan.
Last edited by stratatonic on 01 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1412
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
James you still need to sort out the extra space between the pack title and the RS logo!
IMG_2536.JPG

https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/184/
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/185/
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/186/
Other than the first Pack, those sound absolutely dreadful. :shock: Not a good sell for the Reason+ sub! Or Algoritm.
Last edited by stratatonic on 01 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 01 Mar 2021

stratatonic wrote:
01 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
James you still need to sort out the extra space between the pack title and the RS logo!
IMG_2536.JPG

https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/184/
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/185/
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/186/
Other than the first Pack, those sound absolutely dreadful. :shock: Not a good sell for the Reason+ sub!
I also prefer the first one :thumbs_up:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Social Exodus
Posts: 378
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: The wilds of North Idaho

Post 01 Mar 2021

My $0.02; I am trialing this and yeah, it's super cool. But After having been a loyal Reason user since Reason 6.5 I agree that RS' procing structure is excessive in this very competitive space (Soft Synths). One thing DID happen though -- I got reinterested in my FM-4 by Primal Audio again lol

All that said, this IS a cool implementation with a ton of possibilities. Even I, a synth hack can see that. The look is different somehow too. This whole business with Reason+ had an effect on my outlook toward music making in general, and this will be a casualty of that I'm afraid. I've sworn to use what I have going forward, already having more toys than I can ever really learn. I did the math on all my purchases both in the Reason environment and elsewhere (Cakewalk SONAR, now Bandlab), and of course Reaper -- plus the various VSTs I have acquired in that world. I was astounded. I don't do this for a living, so this keeping up with the latest is patently unnecessary lol.
:reason: 12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Rappelled Hero
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Feb 2021

Post 01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
01 Mar 2021
stratatonic wrote:
01 Mar 2021

Other than the first Pack, those sound absolutely dreadful. :shock: Not a good sell for the Reason+ sub!
I also prefer the first one :thumbs_up:
The thing about Algoritm is that it's so easy to program, having patch packs for it seems kind of unnecessary!

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3191
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 01 Mar 2021

Rappelled Hero wrote:
01 Mar 2021
The thing about Algoritm is that it's so easy to program, having patch packs for it seems kind of unnecessary!
You will have to forgive me for asking but as I don't have access to the content packs I'm flying blind, but don't the packs show more advanced and interesting configurations using extra devices?
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests