Algoritm is released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MattLeschuck

25 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Feb 2021
MattLeschuck wrote:
25 Feb 2021
It would be cool if you could drag and reorganize the 9 cells. Overall though, im really digging this.
You can via the alg display. Just click and drag :-)

You can also copy them to other slots from that display with option/alt-click
Very cool! thanks for that.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

demt wrote:
25 Feb 2021
val;kyrie chordmaker patch nuff said
Happy you like it, that's the first patch I made when I got the alpha :cool:

tronam

25 Feb 2021

earwig83 wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Everything they are doing is based on cornering their consumers into shitty choices.
I can buy Algoritm outright as a persistent license, rent-to-own, or get it through subscription after which I can either run it inside Reason as a DAW or Reason as a plug-in in another DAW. I'm sorry for not feeling cornered into awful choices. They seem pretty well covered to me.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

arnigretar

25 Feb 2021

As an old fm lover I must say this synth is like the Ronaldinho free kick vs. England in the 2002 World Cup. It's a winner. Great design and overall work from the "props". :reason: well done and THANKS. this will be used.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

selig
RE Developer

25 Feb 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
25 Feb 2021
manisnotabird wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Is there a way to send the output of one module to two different destinations by different amounts?
Sure! You could put a shaper between one of those modules set to saturate to use as a gain stage, effectively. Maybe Mattias will chime in and tell me I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this would give you the ability to turn down the modulator level and scale it back up for only one of those destinations.

If you use the Shaper you will need to set MIX to the minimum (0%) setting for it to work as expected, otherwise you loose 6-7 dB. Filter also works, either set to HP or leave on LP and open up the filter all the way. Keep in mind you can only REDUCE level with this approach, so setup the loudest modulation the way you like it first, then use this trick for the lower level modulation routing.
OR…
Worth noting that for sine waves, the LP filter will act much like a volume control, so you could use the filter itself to lower the level, which gives you the added benefit of using the built in filter envelope for level control. Plus, you could also use resonance to add up to 12 dB gain above unity (which obviously would only work as a level control for sine waves, but could produce interesting results on other waveforms).
Selig Audio, LLC

Biolumin3sc3nt

25 Feb 2021

So where's the 5pm stream at?

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

selig wrote:
25 Feb 2021

If you use the Shaper you will need to set MIX to the minimum (0%) setting for it to work as expected, otherwise you loose 6-7 dB. Filter also works, either set to HP or leave on LP and open up the filter all the way. Keep in mind you can only REDUCE level with this approach, so setup the loudest modulation the way you like it first, then use this trick for the lower level modulation routing.
OR…
Worth noting that for sine waves, the LP filter will act much like a volume control, so you could use the filter itself to lower the level, which gives you the added benefit of using the built in filter envelope for level control. Plus, you could also use resonance to add up to 12 dB gain above unity (which obviously would only work as a level control for sine waves, but could produce interesting results on other waveforms).
Yeah, that! ^^

Thanks, Giles!

Faastwalker

25 Feb 2021

antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
supersplaron wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Seth (Com Truise) has actually been a Reason user since forever. He just told me he's been revisiting the Reason files from his first album. :)
Nice! Then you should definitely get him on the (old) Artists Series videos or a livestream! What happened with those, BTW?
That would be cool :thumbs_up:

EnochLight

25 Feb 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Feb 2021
demt wrote:
25 Feb 2021
valkyrie chordmaker patch nuff said
Yeah that's a bad ass patch!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Aosta

25 Feb 2021

For those interested here is a livestream of Venus Theory creating a track using Algoritm :thumbs_up:

Tend the flame

ECHLN

26 Feb 2021

challism wrote:
25 Feb 2021
ECHLN wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Let's go!
No need to be a R+ apologist. I'm loving my R+Companion! So great to see Algoritm show up in there as soon as it's released!
I'm just teasing the people that hate it for some... Reason

TheGodOfRainbows

26 Feb 2021

This synth is why I love Reason Studios. It is so much fun, easy on the eyes, very powerful, yet not overwhelming visually. I think Reason Studios does such a great job of balancing form and function in a way that I don't see as much with other companies. This is already one of my favorite all time synths. I can't get enough of the bell and mallet type sounds you can get, and the preset patches are very inspiring!

antic604

26 Feb 2021

God, I'd really love they added a module that sends signal through one of the FX and brings it back for further routing. I tried such setup yesterday in Bitwig's Grid and it's a lot of fun to e.g. have a pluck sound sent through a delay modulating something further down chain. Sure one can replicate it with some cleverly looped evnelope or step sequencer, but delay is just a start.

Anyway, keeping my 30-day demo for when it's on sale and/or R12 comes out. Same with Friktion and Pattern Mutator :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

RoryM0

26 Feb 2021

Slightly off topic but demoing Algoritm made me decide to demo Friktion, which initially I was sure didn't interest me. Well rather annoyingly I really like it as well... So that's just doubled the amount of cash I need to say goodbye to ;)

jamespember
Reason Studios

26 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
25 Feb 2021
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Yeah that's a bad ass patch!
Absolutely my favorite patch in the patch bank too.

deeplink
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2021

What is the patch heard at 0:30 seconds into the RS video? The "Angry Bass"?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

miscend

26 Feb 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Looks promising. Had this been added to the R11 product instead of being a stand alone $99 product I might have upgraded to 11. Certainly not buying a $99 synth separately.
When has anything like that ever happened.

raymondh

26 Feb 2021

Just bought this and flicking through the patches.

Wow this is such an amazing synth. The patches have so much depth and it sounds so "hi fi". Really impressed.

And with a bit of Valhalla Shimmer, you melt into your chair playing this!

miscend

26 Feb 2021

Is it oversampled?

antic604

26 Feb 2021

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
25 Feb 2021
So where's the 5pm stream at?
Next Tuesday.
Music tech enthusiast.

antic604

26 Feb 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
26 Feb 2021
Slightly off topic but demoing Algoritm made me decide to demo Friktion, which initially I was sure didn't interest me. Well rather annoyingly I really like it as well... So that's just doubled the amount of cash I need to say goodbye to ;)
Join me in lobbying for Friktion + Algoritm + Pattern Mutator bundle at 199 :)
Music tech enthusiast.

NoisiaTHX

26 Feb 2021

deeplink wrote:
26 Feb 2021
What is the patch heard at 0:30 seconds into the RS video? The "Angry Bass"?
Yes, the Noisy Neuro Bass is not included in the presets. :cry:

dusan.cani

26 Feb 2021

selig wrote:
25 Feb 2021

If you use the Shaper you will need to set MIX to the minimum (0%) setting for it to work as expected, otherwise you loose 6-7 dB.
As I pointed out earlier in this thread, my opinion is that Shaper needs gain compensation for all Shaper modes except "Saturate". If the Shaper is used as distortion module it drastically cut downs the resulting volume. Therefore one can end in the situation where not enough volume for the patch is achieved.

Jagwah

26 Feb 2021

Second day in and loving it, very inspiring.

What is the easiest way to change that FM sine to a FM saw?

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

26 Feb 2021

Jagwah wrote:
26 Feb 2021
Second day in and loving it, very inspiring.

What is the easiest way to change that FM sine to a FM saw?
Feed back the operator into itself :)

• Information