FREE from Chaos FX - Simple Synth Gooderizer

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
chaosroyale

21 Feb 2021

This was inspired by the "best synths in Reason" thread. The lack of FX on Subtractor and Malstrom seems to be a barrier to people wanting to use them more often. With that in mind, here is the SSG. The Simple Synth Gooderizer. It is an insert effect; just put it after a Subtractor or a Malstrom to make any simple preset become big, warm and still easily mixable.

No waiting around or setting up. You can dial in the sound in about 3 seconds, with some really intuitive and straightforward controls.

Of course, you can also use it on any synth or VST you like.

FREE! Just download the attached ZIP file. (Please note, this combinator is free for you to use to make music, but not to re-sell or re-package the combinator, such as to use in a refill or sound pack product.)

If you like it, and would like to support me; you can get 2 packs of equally intuitive but much more varied and deep "Boutique" style effects from my homepage. More details in the threads below.

https://chaosmusick.com/chaosfx/

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7521040

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7521802
Attachments
Simple Synth Gooderizer.zip
(42.58 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Simple Synth Gooderizer.jpg
Simple Synth Gooderizer.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

Ottostrom

22 Feb 2021

Thanks for the free combi! :-)
Tried it out on a couple of old Subtractor patches and it really made them shine :thumbs_up:

Btw yesterday I was mixing some vocals for a new song I'm working on which I knew needed a very heavily processed sound. To my surprise a combination of Grunt and Vaporwave Radio almost got me all the way there!

chaosroyale

22 Feb 2021

Nice. "Vaporwave Radio" is one of those things where you can throw it on "just in case" and see what happens. That's one of the good things about stacking insert effects in the rack, it takes just one second to try it and undo it.

That was also the idea behind this combinator. Is it very sophisticated and detailed? No.

Do 80% of synth patches just need a bit of preamp saturation, EQ, reverb, modulation, and delay? Yes.

So the idea of this combinator is to take care of those standard cases, and make all the old Subtractor patches suddenly sound like a U-He synth. It's really quite fun seeing how different all the original Reason patches sound going through this simple combi. Things that many users would pass over for not being "modern" or "big" enough are suddenly on the same level as modern synths.

EDIT: of course, it only takes 2 seconds longer to stack up a Juno-Watt chorus > Grunt > Magical Dub Cascade > Deep Space Reverb from my collection for the real connoisseurs! ;)
Ottostrom wrote:
22 Feb 2021
Thanks for the free combi! :-)
Tried it out on a couple of old Subtractor patches and it really made them shine :thumbs_up:

Btw yesterday I was mixing some vocals for a new song I'm working on which I knew needed a very heavily processed sound. To my surprise a combination of Grunt and Vaporwave Radio almost got me all the way there!

Ottostrom

22 Feb 2021

chaosroyale wrote:
22 Feb 2021
It's really quite fun seeing how different all the original Reason patches sound going through this simple combi. Things that many users would pass over for not being "modern" or "big" enough are suddenly on the same level as modern synths.
Agreed.
This is also why I've been enjoying the effect packs a lot more than standard refills / sound packs.
Of course I could buy new sounds or synths, but with effects processing you can create something new out of anything :)

chaosroyale

23 Feb 2021

UPDATE!!!

OK..so this was much more popular that I expected.
Here is an update version; I suggest you all replace the old version with this one!!

Update log:
Stereo compatibility (original was mostly intended for mono inputs from Subtractor, this one will work with anything -try it on THOR!!)
Improved EQ for the preamp and FX section with more manageable bass boost
FX mixes go very slightly deeper at the maximum
Attachments
Simple Synth Gooderizer v1.1.zip
(42.61 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Last edited by chaosroyale on 23 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

chaosroyale

23 Feb 2021

V1.1 UPDATE!

viewtopic.php?p=544376#p544376
Ottostrom wrote:
22 Feb 2021
chaosroyale wrote:
22 Feb 2021
It's really quite fun seeing how different all the original Reason patches sound going through this simple combi. Things that many users would pass over for not being "modern" or "big" enough are suddenly on the same level as modern synths.
Agreed.
This is also why I've been enjoying the effect packs a lot more than standard refills / sound packs.
Of course I could buy new sounds or synths, but with effects processing you can create something new out of anything :)

• Information