Sending MIDI CC info in Studio One

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
spencer335

20 Feb 2021

I'm trying to send a Pulsar LFO to modulate an an effect parameter on an audio track in Studio One. No luck thusfar.

In the video announcing MIDI Out from the RRP, Ryan mentioned that not all hosts support MIDI CC across plugins. Is Studio One on the list of those that cannot?

spencer335

22 Feb 2021

I asked this question on the Studio One Facebook group. Apparently this is not possible - I upvoted this feature request here ...

https://answers.presonus.com/55067/supp ... t3-plugins

DaveyG

23 Feb 2021

It's not something I'll ever need but I'm happy to upvote it for S1.

Do you ever wish that RS had a system like that where users could make requests and we could all vote on them? It's a really easy way to keep a product meeting the needs of its users.

spencer335

23 Feb 2021

DaveyG wrote:
23 Feb 2021

Do you ever wish that RS had a system like that where users could make requests and we could all vote on them? It's a really easy way to keep a product meeting the needs of its users.
We're up to 16 votes now - it's going viral!

I agree that I'd want a place formally vote for things I'd like in Reason (like VST hosting in RRP, which would also solve the problem I'm trying to deal with in Studio One), I'm not sure Presonus' format is the best thing either. I didn't see any clear way to isolate top requests, recent requests, other requests that might be similar, etc ... it seems a bit of a free-for-all. Maybe I'm using it wrong.

DaveyG

24 Feb 2021

spencer335 wrote:
23 Feb 2021
DaveyG wrote:
23 Feb 2021

We're up to 16 votes now - it's going viral!

I agree that I'd want a place formally vote for things I'd like in Reason (like VST hosting in RRP, which would also solve the problem I'm trying to deal with in Studio One), I'm not sure Presonus' format is the best thing either. I didn't see any clear way to isolate top requests, recent requests, other requests that might be similar, etc ... it seems a bit of a free-for-all. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
It's always worth making a post on the S1 forum to give your request a bit of publicity. Quite often you find that someone has already requested a similar thing and has already attracted more votes.

• Information