[resolved] All VSTs disappeared from Reason Studios account

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

21 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Interesting why they discount Europa VST right now. Does update is coming?
PX7 was been discontinued near to the release of Algorithm.
Does RS plan update before release R12?
This can be minor update with fixed and Mac/Win arm versions support.
I think you are misunderstanding. Europa VST was discontinued a while back around the time of the Reason 11 release, because of the RRP containing the Europa RE (no need to maintain Europa VST and a better deal for customers to get Reason 11 with the RRP).

What has happened recently is that all VSTs (including the Europa VST) have disappeared from user accounts.

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

Yeah they're shedding content quicker than a gecko sheds its skin :lol:

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Feb 2021

Sorry for the typo. I mean "discontinued" of course. Said "Right now", because I don't know when they really remove VST licenses and VST downloads.
If account licenses was been deleted at this days, its strange. But VST versions of PH synths was been only demo-preview of the Reason possibilities for other side/daw users. RRP change this and no more needs for Europa VST anymore.
But yes, in point of view to the old music projects that was been not finished and include this VST... is a bad play for user that not have license backup.
But, its very logical to have saved licenses for VST into email. Make it in the future manually.
What I do when have any new license codes for VSTs - resend keys and serials to my own email for personal needs. And after few years - possible to use them.
About installation files, how to download deleted files, possible to use https://web.archive.org

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Sorry for the typo. I mean "discontinued" of course. Said "Right now", because I don't know when they really remove VST licenses and VST downloads.
If account licenses was been deleted at this days, its strange. But VST versions of PH synths was been only demo-preview of the Reason possibilities for other side/daw users. RRP change this and no more needs for Europa VST anymore.
But yes, in point of view to the old projects that not finished under this VST... us a bad play. But, its very logical to have saved licenses for VST into email.
What I do when have any new license codes for VSTs - resend keys and serials to my own email for personal needs. And after few years - possible to use them.
About installation files, possible to use https://web.archive.org
It's less about the removal and more about the removal from our personal accounts without any warnings.

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

Even if it was discontinued for some it was still in use and viable

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Feb 2021

Yes, this is one side play from RS. Hard to understand why they remove serials from accounts immediately.
May be some new ideas create new ways of realisation.
But they remove ALL VST from the shop. ALL. And all VST licenses with this.

But, I cant understand this problem, because right now I enter in my email archive "Europa VST" and find email from PH that include link to download (files available but you can also use web-archive) and registration code. RS remove your code from account but not remove from your incoming emails. And you can use it when this needed

kuhliloach

21 Feb 2021

My emails to Reason Studios regarding so much content disappearing over the years remain unanswered. I'll always love Reason for what it is but these kinds of behaviors certainly make me regret the spending of money on this platform.

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Yes, this is one side play from RS. Hard to understand why they remove serials from accounts immediately.
May be some new ideas create new ways of realisation.
But they remove ALL VST from the shop. ALL. And all VST licenses with this.

But, I cant understand this problem, because right now I enter in my email archive "Europa VST" and find email from PH that include link to download (files available but you can also use web-archive) and registration code. RS remove your code from account but not remove from your incoming emails. And you can use it.
Well I'm a bit of a tidy freak when it comes to my email, I'm extremely confident that I would have deleted the email, however I would probably have put the installation and serial in its own folder! But that's still not the point.

dasmode

21 Feb 2021

I wrote in support and am waiting for an explanation. Apparently, they do not care about users, if it occurs without warning.

Last year, they also closed all tickets without explanation. It's nasty behavior towards those who pay them a salary.

BRIGGS

21 Feb 2021

dasmode wrote:
21 Feb 2021
I wrote in support and am waiting for an explanation. Apparently, they do not care about users, if it occurs without warning.

Last year, they also closed all tickets without explanation. It's nasty behavior towards those who pay them a salary.
Vote with your wallet...people.

My vote is: 'no confidence'
r11s

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
21 Feb 2021
dasmode wrote:
21 Feb 2021

Well if it counts I've not gone near the shop since the plus bs, not even to download free RE's and I've already made up my mind not to purchase anything until I see what is happening with daw updates including the next major version.

BRIGGS

21 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Feb 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
21 Feb 2021

Well if it counts I've not gone near the shop since the plus bs, not even to download free RE's and I've already made up my mind not to purchase anything until I see what is happening with daw updates including the next major version.
Same here :thumbup: :clap:
r11s

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Feb 2021

After this words, all 3rd part developers must stop their works before R12 not been released? :D
Its kill them, new REs and devs if users lost interest to the shop.
Reason perpetual license owners not must worry about VST removing. They using Reason/RRP & RE.
Who really use Europa VTS if already have RRP and Reason?

dasmode

21 Feb 2021

I will not buy anything because now it is a risk. I don't trust the company. I may lose everything tomorrow, not just Europa VST.

You do not understand. They were supposed to warn and explain before removing Europa VST license. But they chose to harm in silence.

joeyluck

21 Feb 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Feb 2021
My emails to Reason Studios regarding so much content disappearing over the years remain unanswered. I'll always love Reason for what it is but these kinds of behaviors certainly make me regret the spending of money on this platform.
Let's not confuse this with products being discontinued. Every company discontinues products. You either buy them or you don't. You still have access to any RE or ReFill you purchased that has been discontinued.

This is a bit different...this would be bad and something to be upset about. Although I'm leaning towards it being a bug because it just wouldn't make sense.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2021

Oh yeah so they have, I had some, I just can't remember what I had :o
A couple of Europa VST's and some waves ones which I never downloaded and.....

BRIGGS

21 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Although I'm leaning towards it being a bug because it just wouldn't make sense.
r11s

joeyluck

21 Feb 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
21 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Although I'm leaning towards it being a bug because it just wouldn't make sense.
:lol: That's a great gif

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Feb 2021

They plan to remove VSTs from the shop at all.
They remove VST product pages
They discontinued own VSTs
They saved downloading of the VSTs to use
They send VST license numbers to the users as order details.

What users lost - VST serials from their accounts. But VSTs never work as RE/Reason serial authorisations that hard-synced to the acc. All VST data - was been send to users at order purchase with license info.
"Please save this code for future reference." - was been a warning into email order of Europa VST. Its user-side territory.
May be this is possible to ask RS support resend VST serials from your orders? And may be early to said that RS delete VST codes of own VSTs forever? Account tab VST still available (but list of VST was been cleaned for some reason, may be technical fault and licenses are back?)

moneykube

21 Feb 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
21 Feb 2021
+1 this (is getting ridicules)
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

OldGoat

21 Feb 2021

Dear jamespember, dear MattiasHG,

I don't understand why no one from your company says anything here, that just heats up the rumor mill and is bad for the company's reputation.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2021

I thought that too. I mean come on. I don’t for a minute think that none of the Propellerheads have seen these posts.
Oh well, support opens tomorrow. We’ll see how long it takes to get an answer there.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kuhliloach

21 Feb 2021

Assuming this is temporary, hopefully, I'd like to see Reason mature treating add on content such as RE's, VST's, sound packs, refills, etc, in the way its done in professional DAWs. Whether I am in Ableton or Logic, or using NI content, owned customer content is handled in a clear organized manner. No interaction with a web site is necessary: all customer owned content can be easily seen, installed, or uninstalled directly from within the software. So let's just hope for the better.

joeyluck

21 Feb 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Assuming this is temporary, hopefully, I'd like to see Reason mature treating add on content such as RE's, VST's, sound packs, refills, etc, in the way its done in professional DAWs. Whether I am in Ableton or Logic, or using NI content, owned customer content is handled in a clear organized manner. No interaction with a web site is necessary: all customer owned content can be easily seen, installed, or uninstalled directly from within the software. So let's just hope for the better.
Have you tried Companion? It's a huge step forward and really great for RE and sound pack management. You manage your RE installations from there—no need to login to your account online. So now they just need to move the few remaining pieces to that, such as the additional content such as Loop Supply, Drum Supply Rad Piano, etc. from the 'Manage Content' window.

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
21 Feb 2021

Have you tried Companion? It's a huge step forward and really great for RE and sound pack management. You manage your RE installations from there—no need to login to your account online. So now they just need to move the few remaining pieces to that, such as the additional content such as Loop Supply, Drum Supply Rad Piano, etc. from the 'Manage Content' window.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to be a active subscription user to use companion and that means you have to be login?

• Information