Reason Drum Takes vol. 1-7 gone from the Shop.

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2021

More stuff removed from the Shop.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2021

It's all gonna be repackaged as an incentive to subscribe to R+.

This has probably been answered multiple times by now, but what I'd like to know about the "new" ( :D ) sound packs... are you able to keep them when you end your subscription?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

diminished wrote:
21 Feb 2021

This has probably been answered multiple times by now, but what I'd like to know about the "new" ( :D ) sound packs... are you able to keep them when you end your subscription?
Yes you can.

James has said that the content packs are yours to keep even if you decide subscription is not for you.

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

Take a read of this :- viewtopic.php?p=542042#p542042

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Isn't that what was used to populate the reason drum kit?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... -drum-kits
IMG_2521.JPG
IMG_2521.JPG (162.82 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Feb 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Isn't that what was used to populate the reason drum kit?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... -drum-kits

IMG_2521.JPG
Don’t think so. Takes came long after the RDK refill.
They’re live recordings in parts which you can paste together as you wish.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

Oh right

joeyluck

21 Feb 2021

More specifically, they were "Record Drum Takes" that came out along with Record. They were a decade old. Other ReFills were removed a bit ago as well. The only Reason Studios ReFills that remain are Disco School and Soul School 1&2 and the RV7000 MkII ReFill.

Discontinuing products is something every company does. What Reason Studios could do is have a discontinued page like other companies.

iZotope legacy products
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/dow ... ducts.html

Native Instruments discontinued products
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ducts.164/

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

It would be nice to see the disco refill available for purchase with the reward points, I might actually get some use out of them "reward points that is".

joeyluck

21 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Feb 2021
It would be nice to see the disco refill available for purchase with the reward points, I might actually get some use out of them "reward points that is".
It's a great ReFill :thumbup:

I would assume it has stuck around because it was one of the better selling of the ReFills. Soul School is also great. I only have 1.5, which was a cool little update that includes the "Soul School Keys" ReFill (extra patches for Abbey Road Keys, ElectroMechanical, Rad Piano, Rad Keys).

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

Yeah it's a shame that it's never been on sale or offered on he rewards page! Hint hint James ;)

joeyluck

21 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Yeah it's a shame that it's never been on sale or offered on he rewards page! Hint hint James ;)
I'm pretty sure I got it when it was on sale. They all typically go on sale during the big sales. That's when I grabbed those, along with the Jason McGerr and Pascal Gabriel ReFills.

Billy+

21 Feb 2021

Well I must have missed it.......

StephenHutchinson

06 Mar 2021

diminished wrote:
21 Feb 2021

The packs have their own folder which you can copy out to another drive or another copy of Reason on another computer. Click on the packs icon to show all the packs, then at the top of the browser window, click the UP arrow and you'll see the pack folder there. Right click on the folder and then choose "Show in Finder/Show in Explorer." Voila... you have access to all patches, combis, samples, audio files and reason songs contained therein. Hope that helps.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
06 Mar 2021
diminished wrote:
21 Feb 2021

The packs have their own folder which you can copy out to another drive or another copy of Reason on another computer. Click on the packs icon to show all the packs, then at the top of the browser window, click the UP arrow and you'll see the pack folder there. Right click on the folder and then choose "Show in Finder/Show in Explorer." Voila... you have access to all patches, combis, samples, audio files and reason songs contained therein. Hope that helps.
If you were being very cynical you could wait a while before trying R+ until they’ve added a whole load more soundpacks. Just saying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

StephenHutchinson

06 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
06 Mar 2021

If you were being very cynical you could wait a while before trying R+ until they’ve added a whole load more soundpacks. Just saying.
Very true indeed, sir. :P I have downloaded 85 of them so far, and I'm sure there's more to come. I've opted (caved more like it) to doing the annual subscription of Reason+. In general I'm not a fan of subscriptions (although I have the Adobe Photography bundle for my other work as a photographer)... but I digress. I have had several (4) RE's I was paying the monthly rent to own on, and I figured that as I just got them, doing the $99 first year deal it would cover all of those and more. I also was trialing (is that a word) Algoritm and now I have that added into the mix along with Processed Pianos, Radical Keys and Complex-1 - all of which I'd have to pay for separately. I'm also happy that if I decide to forgo all of this, my Reason 11 perpetual is still possible. I am amazed that Reason+ runs on my 12 year old MacBook Pro 17" without any hiccups. So far I'm happy with Reason+ on 2 Macs and a PC... let's see what happens next. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

guitfnky

06 Mar 2021

I think I remember someone from RS saying there's nothing stopping you from sharing your sound packs with friends...I wonder how they would feel if, after, say, 6 months of releases, someone demoed R+, then shared all the packs in a thread here. then every 6 months, they subscribed for a month to get the new packs, shared those in the thread, then canceled their subscription. hundreds of people could benefit from all that content for a total cost of $40 a year.

obviously not a particularly ethical thing to do, but it seems like there's a loophole there, even with the "we mean to make the content so good you'll feel its worthwhile to keep subscribing" approach they're taking (which is a great attitude, I have to admit).
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
06 Mar 2021
I think I remember someone from RS saying there's nothing stopping you from sharing your sound packs with friends...I wonder how they would feel if, after, say, 6 months of releases, someone demoed R+, then shared all the packs in a thread here. then every 6 months, they subscribed for a month to get the new packs, shared those in the thread, then canceled their subscription. hundreds of people could benefit from all that content for a total cost of $40 a year.

obviously not a particularly ethical thing to do, but it seems like there's a loophole there, even with the "we mean to make the content so good you'll feel its worthwhile to keep subscribing" approach they're taking (which is a great attitude, I have to admit).
There is no such loophole. That is not the same as sharing with a friend you collaborate with. James pointed out that no such thing would be allowed and we could not allow it being hosted here.

Further this is in a thread about discontinued commercial ReFills and not sound packs, which is a different thing and something that can't be shared.

guitfnky

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
06 Mar 2021

There is no such loophole. That is not the same as sharing with a friend you collaborate with. James pointed out that no such thing would be allowed and we could not allow it being hosted here.

Further this is in a thread about discontinued commercial ReFills and not sound packs, which is a different thing and something that can't be shared.
well, I’d disagree that it’s not a loophole. I only use Reasontalk forums as a convenient example—what is there to stop someone from sharing such a repository on Facebook, or even setting up a free blog site? I hope you don’t take me to mean I think someone should actually do it (hence my comment that it would be unethical) it’s just something that seems like they may not have considered.

as for posting it here, there are other comments on sharing packs in this thread—that’s what prompted my little thought experiment. I’m following the conversation, that’s all.

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
06 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021

well, I’d disagree that it’s not a loophole. I only use Reasontalk forums as a convenient example—what is there to stop someone from sharing such a repository on Facebook, or even setting up a free blog site? I hope you don’t take me to mean I think someone should actually do it (hence my comment that it would be unethical) it’s just something that seems like they may not have considered.

as for posting it here, there are other comments on sharing packs in this thread—that’s what prompted my little thought experiment. I’m following the conversation, that’s all.
Oh I know you're not suggesting it, here is more on that:

viewtopic.php?p=542055#p542055

Billy+

06 Mar 2021

I started that discussion with James and he made it very clear that shared via posting/hosting was not acceptable.

Working with someone was acceptable but sending copies to all your mate would really be taking the pi**

Now although I don't agree with the way the packs are distributed I do think James was very reasonable to say a genuine exchange between a subscriber and a non subscriber would be acceptable and the non subscriber could keep the sounds and use them.

And by genuine exchange we are talking about working with each other in some musical context.

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

I'd like to get this thread back on topic. I think we can continue discussion about Reason+ sound packs in another thread?

I don't want wires getting crossed and people being confused between sharing Reason+ sound packs and ReFills (which this thread is about).

guitfnky

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
06 Mar 2021

Oh I know you're not suggesting it, here is more on that:

viewtopic.php?p=542055#p542055
ah, got it—thanks for that. 👍🏼 I did see the post this is linked to (that’s actually the very post I was referring to)—I definitely missed the follow-up question and response though. glad to hear they did consider it.

anyhoo, thanks, and I’ll let this little tangent go here so we can get back on topic. thanks for humoring me. :)

• Information