Recording with RRP in Ableton Live 10

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
arnigretar

20 Feb 2021

It's been getting a lot of bugs lately. I am using the RRP inside Ableton Live 10. Before I had no problems, but lately I have been getting no parameters recorded from various plugins/devices inside RRP. I am working on a collab with another artist and to "save" this, I have just used the RRP and recorded what I do with it to a new audio track. Maybe someone else has experienced this? I haven't updated btw, so I am still on 11.3.4d28 version (I guess the latest before +). Anywho... this problem get's solved with recording the RRP as a new audio track, but sucks that parameters don't get recorded inside the plugin. I am using Mac and also PC (it's like that with both).
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Sterioevo

20 Feb 2021

You need to expose the required controllers in the ableton rack. You do this by expanding the RRP tab at the bottom of ableton, selecting the configure button (goes green when selected) and then move the required controllers in the RRP. The parameters should then populate the tab in Ableton and be available to automate in the arrangement view (and modulate if using clips in session view). You also need to activate the little red button on the target main mixer channel strip when recording.

arnigretar

21 Feb 2021

Sterioevo wrote:
20 Feb 2021
You need to expose the required controllers in the ableton rack. You do this by expanding the RRP tab at the bottom of ableton, selecting the configure button (goes green when selected) and then move the required controllers in the RRP. The parameters should then populate the tab in Ableton and be available to automate in the arrangement view (and modulate if using clips in session view). You also need to activate the little red button on the target main mixer channel strip when recording.
thanks mate, i forgot to say - i know the basics and have been using Ableton Live for a long time as well. I do these steps, yet nothing records. No automation sticks, even though it seems like they will during the recording. And it's only happening with RRP, no other plugin. Guess I will just have to record the RRP to a new audio track every time from now on, just to be safe.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Sterioevo

24 Feb 2021

That's weird as it works for me. You don't have some midi feedback loops happening or something? I have had some issues where modulations have been recorded that override/deactivate automation (the red automation button keeps lighting up). Maybe try using macro's? Good luck!

Dave Beep

02 Mar 2021

This works for me. Are you trying to record the automation into clips in session or onto a track in arrangement view btw?

Dave Beep

02 Mar 2021

The fact you say you "recorded what I do with it into a new audio track" makes me think you maybe haven't actually armed recording on the midi track with the RRP on it.

chimp_spanner

04 Mar 2021

Also something that I noticed with RRP in particular is that when you add/remove/change the order of devices in the rack it overrides automation and you have to press the little red arrow icon to re-engage it, then it works again. Otherwise, I routinely record automation to RRP in 10 (and now 11).

• Information