Feedback wanted (electronic)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2021

So I'm gonna do this again. Instead of finishing a track before I present it to others, I'm gonna allow some feedback before I consider a track done, before I get too attached to the song.
I'm mostly interested in feedback regarding the mix. The arrangement is far from finished. There will be an intro and more parts written etc. This is what I've written so far.
This is just a crappy working title obviously. Feel free to come up with suggestions around that too, or just words/associations.

(I might update the Soundcloud file as I go. I'm just letting you know that in case some comments starts to not make sense after I've updated the song/mix.) :-)

Auryn

16 Feb 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Feb 2021
So I'm gonna do this again. Instead of finishing a track before I present it to others, I'm gonna allow some feedback before I consider a track done, before I get too attached to the song.
I'm mostly interested in feedback regarding the mix. The arrangement is far from finished. There will be an intro and more parts written etc. This is what I've written so far.
This is just a crappy working title obviously. Feel free to come up with suggestions around that too, or just words/associations.

(I might update the Soundcloud file as I go. I'm just letting you know that in case some comments starts to not make sense after I've updated the song/mix.) :-)

Great track, classic Tritone style. Some thoughts: this track seems more finished than the previous one (the really fast one) you posted. Might be interesting to have a part where there is a kind of drum/percussion solo, maybe along with the lead sound becoming more distorted. Another idea I had while listening is that it might be interesting to add some non-electronic sounds like some horns.

Suggestion for title is : Bermuda Triangles

Did you ever finish the fast track btw?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Feb 2021

The mix is fine, everything seems to be well balanced, spread across the stereo field, the reverbs are fine and all that. It just has the feel of 80s, not that the instruments remind me of it, but the whole tonal balance. The low end is a bit dropped, the mid-highs are muddy, or maybe there's more to that feel, I can't tell.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2021

Auryn wrote:
16 Feb 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Feb 2021

Great track, classic Tritone style. Some thoughts: this track seems more finished than the previous one (the really fast one) you posted. Might be interesting to have a part where there is a kind of drum/percussion solo, maybe along with the lead sound becoming more distorted. Another idea I had while listening is that it might be interesting to add some non-electronic sounds like some horns.

Suggestion for title is : Bermuda Triangles

Did you ever finish the fast track btw?
Thanks.
There's actually 2 patches from your Europa and Zero refills (the rhythmic/sequenced ones). Still reach for your refills pretty often. :D
That's an intersting idea with the percussion thing. Might not turn it into a solo. That's not really where I want this song to go. But who knows maybe I'll take that idea and add some more perscussive elements later in the song.
I do have some non electronic elements already, but they're baked in there in a rather subtle way. The lead at 0:28 is Scenic which is a processed/synthesized bassoon sample. And then there are the string swells which are drenched in a shimmer reverb. Some snare hits have some extra push from short rain samples played percussively. So the non electronic elements are in there if you look hard enough. :D

Nope still haven't finished the faster one. Just haven't felt like working on it. Instead I recently finished the "500" track, which I wrote in about 3-4 days. A quick one.
At the moment I feel more inspired to finish this tune. I'll leave the fast one for a while.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
16 Feb 2021
The mix is fine, everything seems to be well balanced, spread across the stereo field, the reverbs are fine and all that. It just has the feel of 80s, not that the instruments remind me of it, but the whole tonal balance. The low end is a bit dropped, the mid-highs are muddy, or maybe there's more to that feel, I can't tell.
Thanks, appreciate it. I haven't really set out to do an 80s mix. Having said that I'm not going for a super bright or earth shaking bass kind of mix either. I guess I want the mix to be somewhere between old and modern, with a foot in each. Maybe timeless is a better word, whatever that means. I do have a hard time mixing in this room I'm in right now, especially the low end.

TheGodOfRainbows

19 Feb 2021

Sounds great to me! Composition so far is solid, and mix sounds just right. I can't think of anything negative to say.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Sounds great to me! Composition so far is solid, and mix sounds just right. I can't think of anything negative to say.
Thanks. That's ok, you don't have to say anything negative if you don't want to. :lol:

Jagwah

21 Feb 2021

Really cool, kick and bass are pretty epic the way they gell with each other, leads sound really interesting like they are ready to tell a story it will be cool to hear the finished product. Mix sounds great on my end :thumbup:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2021

Jagwah wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Really cool, kick and bass are pretty epic the way they gell with each other, leads sound really interesting like they are ready to tell a story it will be cool to hear the finished product. Mix sounds great on my end :thumbup:
Thanks. Appreciate that. Yeah I used Rob Papens Punch Re for the kick. It's been laying around forever and I thought why not give it a spin for once.

• Information