Some suggestions for rack window and browser

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Kevin Sunray

20 Feb 2021

Hello everyone,

So after updating from R9 to Reason 11 there are few things that for me could be nice additions/improvements to our workflow.

1) VST into Rack window:
Maybe it's because of how the code behind Reason works but it's annoying to me to have to open a plugin into an external window and when I work into something else to have to go to open it again with more clicks. It would be more than just awesome to have plugins attached into the rack instead of external window. Does anyone knows if this is something that can be done? or not? If it can be done this could be big improvement for working with plugins in Reason.

2) Better browsing
As we may add more racks and devices to Reason sometimes it gets a mess to get a device fast especially with effects. I believe that the browser could be easier if for example the effects shows a dropdown below and the effects are categorized according to their type... for example Effects (click) -> (shows) Reverbs, Delays, Compressors, EQ etc. (then click) show only the category devices in the right window.... no matter of what company it is or if it is a rack or vst.
Also being able to favorite specific devices in the browser will be really good.

3) Remove tutorial
The tutorial is unnecessary to be even minimized. I haven't find how I can remove it and I don't know if this is possible. There are times that I drag it accidentally when I move fast. It's not a big deal but I believe it must be there only if the user wants it. I think that Window -> Hide Tutorial should completely remove it from where it is now and show just put it there and then open/close by clicking on it.

4) DB meter
Even if I am not the visual guy...I think having in every channel the volume in a number on the top of every meter could help sometimes.

5) Record on the appropriate lane in sequencer if action happens only
Dunno why this is not improved. When you want to record a parameter (ex. a filter freq in a device) you have to disable "Record Enable" to avoid recording over your midi for example. if no midi keyboard notes are pressed then don't write an empty track while recording.

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

Kevin Sunray wrote:
20 Feb 2021
3) Remove tutorial
The tutorial is unnecessary to be even minimized. I haven't find how I can remove it and I don't know if this is possible. There are times that I drag it accidentally when I move fast. It's not a big deal but I believe it must be there only if the user wants it. I think that Window -> Hide Tutorial should completely remove it from where it is now and show just put it there and then open/close by clicking on it.

Kevin Sunray

20 Feb 2021

Oh my bad...there it was. Thank you aeox!
They should move it under Window and not in options imo, because it's a window and part of the screen...

• Information