80's EBM 4 track EP by think+sync

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Jagwah

20 Feb 2021

The last track of our EP is finished and we are very excited to be able to collaborate so well together and now to take a fresh new turn to something completely different for our next work. Some interesting creative choices were taken to keep with the dark theme of this track and it held up well imo.

Any feedback / criticisms / questions about the music very welcome, however no political talk here thanks.

Lyric video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ju5f1zRev4

Download the free EP here which also contains the censored track 'Corruption 20.'

Last edited by Jagwah on 21 Feb 2021, edited 2 times in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

I'll set aside the lyrics for the songs from this EP project for now. That's for another time and place.

Just musically I'm having a hard time with the way the vocals are "sung". Seems like every track has very similar vocal patterns. I also find the way the the vocals go up and down in pitch to be a bit weird. "Human traffickiiiiiiiing Human traffickiiiiiiiing" or in the Covid song, "Covid nineteeeeeen covid nineteeeeeen". I would probably prefer if it was sung in a more normal way over this "talkish" style.

I understand the message is probably the most important thing here. It's just not something I value much in music, especially when it's anything related to politics. There's probably a reason I write almost only instrumental music. I find it pretty liberating to not have opinions shoved down my throat, whether I agree with the message or not.

The music itself is alright, but not really my thing.

I can imagine there's a small niche audience that will enjoy this project. And if the collaboration brings value and joy to you then I say keep doing it.

FHtH

20 Feb 2021

I like music and lyrics that make me think. I can agree or disagree with something (like in the song about Covid), but if the piece makes the neurons in my brain move, then that's great. The theme of this song is very close to me. My friend's daughter was kidnapped and forced into prostitution. She escaped with great difficulty and required years of rehabilitation.
The musical component of your project has already taken shape and is within the framework of your chosen genre. I like. About vocals, I agree with TritoneAddiction. But this does not prevent me from listening to your songs with interest and pleasure. Good luck with your creativity!

Jagwah

21 Feb 2021

FHtH wrote:
20 Feb 2021
I like music and lyrics that make me think. I can agree or disagree with something (like in the song about Covid), but if the piece makes the neurons in my brain move, then that's great. The theme of this song is very close to me. My friend's daughter was kidnapped and forced into prostitution. She escaped with great difficulty and required years of rehabilitation.
The musical component of your project has already taken shape and is within the framework of your chosen genre. I like. About vocals, I agree with TritoneAddiction. But this does not prevent me from listening to your songs with interest and pleasure. Good luck with your creativity!
TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Feb 2021
I'll set aside the lyrics for the songs from this EP project for now. That's for another time and place.

Just musically I'm having a hard time with the way the vocals are "sung". Seems like every track has very similar vocal patterns. I also find the way the the vocals go up and down in pitch to be a bit weird. "Human traffickiiiiiiiing Human traffickiiiiiiiing" or in the Covid song, "Covid nineteeeeeen covid nineteeeeeen". I would probably prefer if it was sung in a more normal way over this "talkish" style.

I understand the message is probably the most important thing here. It's just not something I value much in music, especially when it's anything related to politics. There's probably a reason I write almost only instrumental music. I find it pretty liberating to not have opinions shoved down my throat, whether I agree with the message or not.

The music itself is alright, but not really my thing.

I can imagine there's a small niche audience that will enjoy this project. And if the collaboration brings value and joy to you then I say keep doing it.
Hey guys thanks for the honest constructive feedback. It was never my intention to do any vocal recording until about two weeks ago when this project started, and then again I wanted the vocals covered in Scream 4's scream setting, but I was shown how that is literally polishing a turd and only applied lightly is suitable in most cases. I don't hit notes, and after some trial and error the idea was to just go for it and push the message with my passion invested in those subjects, hoping to get some kind of unique sound. I really enjoyed it and will work on it.

This all happened very fast. I learnt about this genre after submitting the core idea of the first song Corruption 20. Really cool genre and it was cool to learn about it and have a go at it.

Yeah so obviously each to their own about messages in music, for me it was great to make something with a message, but it's not usually my intention.

The biggest thing for me here was finishing and publishing work, the controversy made things suck a lot, but now I am more used to putting work out there and ready to carry on with it. Thanks for chiming in! :)

• Information