ApeX KompoZre

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
gak

26 Nov 2015

Buy it now. OMG. I waited a long time to get this because I was being a cheap bastard. Worth the wait. Huge, an immense variety, the "kongbinators" are a bit of a tax on the ol' CPU but I'll be busy for weeks with this one. It's actually overwhelming.

gak

28 Nov 2015

You guys are looking and you are not admitting you NEED to buy this! :lol:

Do it now!

Olivier

28 Nov 2015

I have no idea what you are on about... got a link ? :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

submonsterz

28 Nov 2015

eauhm wrote:I have no idea what you are on about... got a link ? :)
Probally talking about the soft phonics refill ...
It's in the prop shop and other places if it is that one.
I never found much special about it to be honest didn't capture me to want to buy it .

Olivier

28 Nov 2015

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Gardinski

28 Nov 2015

It is a real beauty! I picked it up direct from the Softphonics site when it came out (because it's quite a bit cheaper than buying via the Props store). I think the price I paid was approx the same as it is now in the Props sale.

I really love the quirky, off-the-wall nature of Softphonics' stuff. For my money, he does 'quirky' better than anyone else (along with ZombieVsShark, who is also fab.)

Gardinski

28 Nov 2015

Aha! Just checked, and it is EVEN CHEAPER at Softphonics site.
€26.99 in the Softphonics sale (vs €35 in the Props store).

http://www.softphonics.com/black-friday ... 4591127699

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Nov 2015

Gardinski wrote:It is a real beauty! I picked it up direct from the Softphonics site when it came out (because it's quite a bit cheaper than buying via the Props store). I think the price I paid was approx the same as it is now in the Props sale.

I really love the quirky, off-the-wall nature of Softphonics' stuff. For my money, he does 'quirky' better than anyone else (along with ZombieVsShark, who is also fab.)

Totally agree, This is an amazing refill in the right hands, you can't fully appreciate it until you use it, And if you like the more IDM or "Quirky" as you say, this is a beast. It is so versatile. Can't believe how overlooked it is!!

I would imagine that the odd "meat and two veg" producer would not see the brilliance in it though, it is one for the expansive thinker.

Its a complete no brainer for me personally, worth every penny & more IMHO
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

gak

28 Nov 2015

I found an issue.

Load a kong kit. Hit a pad/key/whatever. Once it decays, at the very end, there is a little digital "clip" that is really annoying. It's on every kit I've tried so far so wondering what it could be. The compressor?

gak

28 Nov 2015

fuck, it's in a bunch of the samples themselves :x

eusti

28 Nov 2015

gak wrote:fuck, it's in a bunch of the samples themselves :x
That's when I usually start to hate Refills... If one had access to the wavs things would be already cumbersome, but in a Refill... :(

D.

gak

28 Nov 2015

But what would make almost every sample have a little gurgly buzzzzz at the end? I guess processing used during the render of the hits?

eusti

29 Nov 2015

Maybe contact the producers of the Refill and mention the bug you found,
maybe they'll fix it for you (and all the other clients).
Best of luck!

D.

gak

03 Dec 2015

My temp solution is to just put valley people at the end of the kits (the ones I had to modify because of the run thing :x ) and I've just been too lazy to report. I want to have sound examples. Maybe I'll do it today.

kitekrazy

11 Dec 2015

Looking at the product I didn't know there were Kong kits. I thought this was suppose to be a piano. I might put off purchasing this.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

12 Dec 2015

kitekrazy wrote:Looking at the product I didn't know there were Kong kits. I thought this was suppose to be a piano. I might put off purchasing this.

It is not just a piano. the crazy piano elements and sounds are only one part of the refill. It is a really big refill.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

tobypearce

19 Feb 2021

Given the news - which I confess I'm only just catching up on, that it appears there was some sample piracy involved in Softphonics releases, I am curious as to where the samples on this one may have originally derived. Many of the patches sound great, but if I inadvertently have them sitting in one of the NI piano soundsets, I'll be happy to delete this - but I'd love to find some of the patches.

Afterbirth, for example, is stupendous.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

motuscott

19 Feb 2021

I miss the Gak
sad emoji
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information