Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
michael.jaye

19 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
19 Feb 2021

You're allowed to stop an offender in your own house. It doesn't make you a terrorist. You're a coward and a weakling if you don't. Maybe more people should get into your house if it's just free stuff. Take a look at the whole passive-defeatist attitude displayed in the last few posts... "communism is not much different than the two fake options of democracy", and calling economically punishing the wrongdoers strictly within a correction by the market "terrorism"... This is just not a healthy outlook. It's not sustainable. Most of all, because it's not true - you can change the "available options of democracy" for the others if you don't like them so much. It's a hell of a job, but it's more than possible. There's people doing it. Just make sure you have something much better to put in place. Or DON'T do it if you're not that competitive, and just enjoy life - the society is built to accommodate that. But recognize that the tools are there for anyone to do anything and that being competitive is not a sin or a vice, but a definition of humanity, a biological trait in so much that we wiped out all competition and now it's intra-species. Better that we contain and express it in our economies.
So should I subscribe or not?

RoryM0

19 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
19 Feb 2021
orthodox wrote:
18 Feb 2021

No doubt, (financial) terrorism may cause some damage, but we're never gonna bend to them, even if they call themselves 'competent' :-). They better show some constructive initiative and make something "the right way" instead of breaking things in hope of coercing others.
Competency is how closer your information is to reality than your opponent's and how well you can apply that information - that's just a function of intelligence. That's all it is.

BANK OF ENGLAND: our currency is worth this much
TRADER: not even close, try again
BANK: excuse you? it IS worth this much, it's backed by our people and our economy
TRADER: well then you lied to your people. Take it out, last warning.
BANK: you can try your worst, little trader
TRADER: does his average
BANK OF ENGLAND: leaves the building in one shoe.

When both sides can do it, and not just governments and corporations, it's called FREE MARKET, not "terrorism". That's what any "movement" on the market is - an inquiry into how much the ever-elusive current actual value correlates to perceived value.

You're allowed to stop an offender in your own house. It doesn't make you a terrorist. You're a coward and a weakling if you don't. Maybe more people should get into your house if it's just free stuff. Take a look at the whole passive-defeatist attitude displayed in the last few posts... "communism is not much different than the two fake options of democracy", and calling economically punishing the wrongdoers strictly within a correction by the market "terrorism"... This is just not a healthy outlook. It's not sustainable. Most of all, because it's not true - you can change the "available options of democracy" for the others if you don't like them so much. It's a hell of a job, but it's more than possible. There's people doing it. Just make sure you have something much better to put in place. Or DON'T do it if you're not that competitive, and just enjoy life - the society is built to accommodate that. But recognize that the tools are there for anyone to do anything and that being competitive is not a sin or a vice, but a definition of humanity, a biological trait in so much that we wiped out all competition and now it's intra-species. Better that we contain and express it in our economies.
viewforum.php?f=11

The above is a link to 'The Kitchen', which is the part of this forum where you can talk about stuff not related to Reason. Please get all this talk out of this thread and over there please.

EdwardKiy

19 Feb 2021

sorry, totally overstepped it. I'll see myself out.

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
19 Feb 2021

viewforum.php?f=11

The above is a link to 'The Kitchen', which is the part of this forum where you can talk about stuff not related to Reason. Please get all this talk out of this thread and over there please.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah come on mods you've deleted and moved my post that were much more relevant than all this BS

Get in the kitchen :o

bxbrkrz

19 Feb 2021

As long as this thread keeps growing, I am distracted from world's events. Thank you Reason+

Page 92, any time now :P
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

I'm still amazed at the numbers.

First off it's a very low amount of participation
And secondly it's never really gone below %75 against

orthodox
RE Developer

19 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
19 Feb 2021
it's called FREE MARKET
OK, if you say it's a FREE MARKET (no such thing has ever existed, but nonetheless), then everybody including RS is free to do the business as they please. If you don't like something (and I'm assuming that as your primary motive), you are free to create a better or cheaper product. If you want the Reason DAW renovated, pay for that, otherwise they are urged to raise money on something else like Reason+. Or you can choose your role in this jungle as a keeper of justice and competency but that won't change anybody's behaviour, nor will it create any new value, only destroy some as a result of "punishment" if you want to impose your notion of "reality". You can shake your "competency", threaten with competition, appeal to Darwin, but there is so much more to life than competition or even profit, and in the end everybody will die wherever they are in the food chain. The reality is just who we are, not someone's picture we must fit. If we acted from the notion of that ideal efficient machine, we'd never create anything really good, like Reason (or like it had been before they started following market demands and the "competent" management).

"Thus conscience does make cowards of us all
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action"
(W.Shakespeare)

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

"oh boy oh boy oh boy"

Donald Duck

EnochLight

19 Feb 2021

OK fellas, let's keep this on topic (Reason updates 11.3.7 / 11.3.8 and Reason+ specifically) and put the economy and finance stuff in the kitchen. Thanks!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

Is Donald Duck quotes still acceptable?

orthodox
RE Developer

19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Can he shed some light on the update and Reason+?

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Can he shed some light on the update and Reason+?
It's less about the updates and much more about the current direction of the thread!

I mean even Jerry T Cat said it best.

"Suffering Succotash"

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2021

michael.jaye wrote:
19 Feb 2021

Well if these 92 pages have taught me anything, it's that yes, you should subscribe to Reason+, even if only to prove the naysayers wrong :clap:

EnochLight

19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
It's less about the updates and much more about the current direction of the thread!
Well you know me - I'm always down for a good meme or GIF. :lol:
avasopht wrote:
19 Feb 2021
michael.jaye wrote:
19 Feb 2021

Well if these 92 pages have taught me anything, it's that yes, you should subscribe to Reason+, even if only to prove the naysayers wrong :clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

That's good

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

Do you need to put credit card details in to trial Reason plus?

EnochLight

19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021

Billy+

19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
EnochLight wrote:
19 Feb 2021

EnochLight

20 Feb 2021

Arjanders

20 Feb 2021

The five Kubler-Ross stages of grief of Reason Talk:

1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. GIF's

avasopht
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

Arjanders wrote:
20 Feb 2021
The five Kubler-Ross stages of grief of Reason Talk:

1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. GIF's
6. Caving in

WillyOD

20 Feb 2021

Mods can delete this post (as I'm sure they will, but hopefully someone reads this before that), didn't feel like creating a new thread and this is a bit off-topic.

I just realized the main problem here on these forums:
It's not people caring about Reason "complaining". (Not every complaint or request is an attack that a moderator has to immediately step in and defend.)

It's that the moderators seem to have a need to be part of *EVERY* discussion. About every third or fourth post in about every thread is by a moderator. I think there are MANY moments when the mods should just take a step back and have the "regular" forum users have a discussion.

I don't want a mod stepping in and defending Reason Studios like they're on the payroll. I want to have a discussion with other Reason users. I don't want everyone agreeing me but I don't want to be force-fed opinions. This happens a lot especially with few mods (you can probably identify yourselves from reading this, hopefully...)

Just my thoughts and once again taking a step back from these forums and hopefully get into exploring the Suite.

Sorry for this but I think I'm super right and felt like posting it after finally realizing why I'm not comfortable hanging around these forums anymore. It used to be for knowledge but now... it's just mods praising 99% of Reason Studios' decisions (and memes) and I haven't learned or read much interesting stuff here lately.

Selig feels like the only true moderator here, and I'm not sure if he's even mod anymore (or has ever been)
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

moneykube

20 Feb 2021

WillyOD wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Mods can delete this post (as I'm sure they will, but hopefully someone reads this before that), didn't feel like creating a new thread and this is a bit off-topic.

It's not people caring about Reason "complaining". (Not every complaint or request is an attack that a moderator has to immediately step in and defend.)

It's that the moderators seem to have a need to be part of *EVERY* discussion. About every third or fourth post in about every thread is by a moderator. I think there are MANY moments when the mods should just take a step back and have the "regular" forum users have a discussion.

I don't want a mod stepping in and defending Reason Studios like they're on the payroll. I want to have a discussion with other Reason users. I don't want everyone agreeing me but I don't want to be force-fed opinions. This happens a lot especially with few mods (you can probably identify yourselves from reading this, hopefully...)

Just my thoughts and once again taking a step back from these forums and hopefully get into exploring the Suite.

Sorry for this but I think I'm super right and felt like posting it after finally realizing why I'm not comfortable hanging around these forums anymore. It used to be for knowledge but now... it's just mods praising 99% of Reason Studios' decisions (and memes) and I haven't learned or read much interesting stuff here lately.

Selig feels like the only true moderator here, and I'm not sure if he's even mod anymore (or has ever been)
AGREED ! They will need to delete this post as well.The subscription service isn't the issue. it is all the bugs that have been introduced to reason since they stopped focusing on the DAW to make money on the subscription service ! What are we up to now? At least 5 confirmed bugs by multiple users... somehow this is ok? I came here for knowledge from users of reason, updates on products, and in the process made a number of friends here that I collaborate with.I agree that this forum has lost it's focus.SMH >>>> IT IS TIME FOR RS to get it together !!!!
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

QVprod

20 Feb 2021

WillyOD wrote:
20 Feb 2021

There’s a perception issue here. As has been stated many times. Mods are users. A difference of opinion here is not moderation, it’s just user participation. We don’t get paid (it’s a volunteer gig), can’t participate in challenges, spend a lot of time cleaning up spam so you guys don’t see it, keep drama and toxicity to a minimum, and you want mods to not post... why would we come here at all?

There is no rule to say our opinions regarding Reason are law, you’re free to disagree, so no ones being “force fed” anything. We’re Reason users just like everyone else here. Our opinions are all our own (independent of each other) and not representative of Reason Studios. Any defense of Reason is because this is a Reason fan site - we’re fans.

Billy+

20 Feb 2021

I see your knocking
EnochLight wrote:
20 Feb 2021
And play my joker

• Information