Static Cling - AutoLatch MIDI Gate

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Socram
RE Developer

26 Mar 2020

Arjanders wrote:
25 Mar 2020
I like it as well! A small improvement for me would be with the automation lane, especially of the manual sequence index. In the current version the values 0, 7, 13, 20, 27, 33 .. until 100 representing step 1-16. If it's possible it would be nice to see 1-16 instead 0-100 in 16 intervals.
Glad you're liking it :D

Yes I know exactly what you mean... I believe this might be a limitation of the SDK that is beyond my control, but I will confirm that.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

bigguy1

26 Mar 2020

Trialed and bought one day after :-)

Very nice idea!

Socram
RE Developer

31 Mar 2020

There's a small update out now, fixing some minor text rendering issues on Mac and improving the clarity on the shortcuts. Thanks to @joeyluck for reporting!

Changelog
1.0.1:

Fix for text being partially cutoff for Count and certain Latch modes on Mac
Updated shortcuts on back of device to be multi-OS
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

joeyluck

31 Mar 2020

Socram wrote:
31 Mar 2020
There's a small update out now, fixing some minor text rendering issues on Mac and improving the clarity on the shortcuts. Thanks to @joeyluck for reporting!

Changelog
1.0.1:

:thumbs_up: :)

michael.jaye

01 Apr 2020

This device really has made things easier for me. Thx!

Jackjackdaw

09 May 2020

Socram wrote:
31 Mar 2020

Changelog
1.0.1:

Hi, I would like to submit a feature request. Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts? Alt+up/down arrow to select latch mode on a step , and Alt + left/right arrow to move through the step numbers 1 - 16, and ALT + Shift + left/right arrow to set the timing for the step . Would be great for performance use.

Socram
RE Developer

09 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
09 May 2020
Hi, I would like to submit a feature request. Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts? Alt+up/down arrow to select latch mode on a step , and Alt + left/right arrow to move through the step numbers 1 - 16, and ALT + Shift + left/right arrow to set the timing for the step . Would be great for performance use.
Unfortunately all the shortcuts you've requested are not possible with the current Rack Extension SDK. The only shortcuts I can add are modifiers when clicking (shift, alt, ctrl) and even that came in a later version of the SDK.

I would love it if developers could create more specialized shortcuts, but I understand there's probably some UX concerns with how that might conflict with existing Reason shortcuts.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

challism

27 May 2020

I'm just now trying this Player. After about 30 seconds I decided to buy it. It adds so many more new possibilities for anyone who likes to stack players. Just like anything, it isn't always the answer, sometimes it doesn't work well with what you are trying to do, but sometimes it adds just the right amount of spice.

The attached file is a small example of what it can add. It has 3 player devices MIDI CV Converter, Euclidean, AutoLatch. Try running the bass with just MIDI CV. Then MIDI CV + Euclidean. Then MIDI CV + Latch. Then MIDI CV + Euclidean + Latch. There is a huge difference in each version. AutoLatch can add a ton of variety. I think it's well worth the asking price for the amount of different results and variety you can get out of it. I'm buying it today. $9 in the MM sale is a no-brainer for anyone who likes players.

Nice player, Socram. Thank you!
Latch-Trial.zip
(124.11 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

I didn't think I'd like/need/use this RE...I gave it a 15 minute try and thought "yeah...sometimes good and sometimes not good".
I've just sat another half hour with it today combining it with melodies, players and effects and it is seriously totally awesome. I'd never have believed it. Buy Button pressed right now at time of writing. Thanks for this device. Excellent. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

Right...now that I've bought it I've got a question. I've got a VK-2 bassline being played by Step Note Recorder2 but I can't get Autolatch to do anything with that combination. Is it possible or not and if it is possible then how do I do it? Thanks :)

Will I need to send notes to track before the AutoLatch can do it’s stuff?
Or something with CVPT or MIDI-CV?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Socram
RE Developer

29 May 2020

challism wrote:
27 May 2020
Thank you for the kind words challism, they're much appreciated, I'm glad you're enjoying it.
MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020
Right...now that I've bought it I've got a question. I've got a VK-2 bassline being played by Step Note Recorder2 but I can't get Autolatch to do anything with that combination. Is it possible or not and if it is possible then how do I do it? Thanks :)

Step is a CV/Gate device from before Players existed, so you'll need to get that information into something the Player Stack can use before AutoLatch or any other Player could work with it.

You could do it with Send Notes to Track, but I'd suggest using CVPT in the configuration shown here:

StepSetup.jpg
StepSetup.jpg (410.46 KiB) Viewed 2627 times

MIDI-CV could also do the trick but I'm less familiar with that device and can't test a setup to share.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

Socram wrote:
29 May 2020
challism wrote:
27 May 2020
Thank you for the kind words challism, they're much appreciated, I'm glad you're enjoying it.
MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020

Step is a CV/Gate device from before Players existed, so you'll need to get that information into something the Player Stack can use before AutoLatch or any other Player could work with it.

You could do it with Send Notes to Track, but I'd suggest using CVPT in the configuration shown here:

StepSetup.jpg

MIDI-CV could also do the trick but I'm less familiar with that device and can't test a setup to share.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)
That’s brilliant Socram. Many thanks. I’m not kidding when I say AutoLatch may become one of my most useful players. Coupled with scales and chords set to two notes and a little delay it’s kicking out amazing lines. Great work.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

29 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020
I’m not kidding when I say AutoLatch may become one of my most useful players. Coupled with scales and chords set to two notes and a little delay it’s kicking out amazing lines. Great work.
Yeah AutoLatch is one of my favorite players. I like to pair it with Tonicmint's Negate and everything instantly becomes new :)

ab459

29 May 2020

Paid attention to it accidentally, tried and it turned out very handy thing, grabbed immediately.

mjxl

19 Jun 2020

Like, why make sense with clicking/placing things when you can also NOT make sense. This still sounds cool lol wtf.
WhyMakeSense.png
WhyMakeSense.png (386.69 KiB) Viewed 2504 times

zoidkirb

25 Nov 2020

Hi Socram could I please make a feature request for this great RE? I'm using (among other things) Autolatch to pick up short notes generated elsewhere, and make them longer then sending the long notes to things like scales and chords, dual arpeggio etc etc.
Problem is, there's a pretty large gap in size between the available 1/2 and full bar. Having more options like 6/8 would be useful.
Right now, sending consecutive whole bar notes to other players doesn't leave much breathing room, and is causing issues sometimes with hanged or missed notes.
And using a half bar sized notes is way too short for the arpeggios in creating.
Cheers.

bharris22

18 Feb 2021

Hi there - I have a quick question about AutoLatch that I am hoping someone could answer for me. I am currently using the trial of this device to see if it would meet my needs. Specifically, I would like to press a key on my keyboard to trigger a chord using the Scales and Chords player - say C, producing a CMaj chord. Ideally, this chord would latch and continue playing until I played another chord by pressing another key on my keyboard - say E, producing an Emin chord. When I press the second key/chord, however, I would like the original key/chord to stop latching automatically (in other words, without first pressing C again to "unlatch" the first chord). Is this possible using AutoLatch? I can't seem to find a combination of settings on the device that would allow me to do this.

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Socram
RE Developer

18 Feb 2021

bharris22 wrote:
18 Feb 2021
Hi there - I have a quick question about AutoLatch that I am hoping someone could answer for me. I am currently using the trial of this device to see if it would meet my needs. Specifically, I would like to press a key on my keyboard to trigger a chord using the Scales and Chords player - say C, producing a CMaj chord. Ideally, this chord would latch and continue playing until I played another chord by pressing another key on my keyboard - say E, producing an Emin chord. When I press the second key/chord, however, I would like the original key/chord to stop latching automatically (in other words, without first pressing C again to "unlatch" the first chord). Is this possible using AutoLatch? I can't seem to find a combination of settings on the device that would allow me to do this.

Thanks!
Hey I'm the developer of AutoLatch, and I have good news and bad news :mrgreen:

The bad news is, currently the capability you described is not possible. The good news is its coming in an update that should be out some time in the next couple weeks. I've already implemented this feature and it's been tested, I just need to submit for approval and make an update video.

If this is a feature you need urgently I could send you a beta license with this feature in it if you can private message me a proof of purchase and your Reason Studios username.

Hope that helps!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

joeyluck

18 Feb 2021

Socram wrote:
18 Feb 2021
bharris22 wrote:
18 Feb 2021

Thanks!

The bad news is, currently the capability you described is not possible. The good news is its coming in an update that should be out some time in the next couple weeks. I've already implemented this feature and it's been tested, I just need to submit for approval and make an update video.

If this is a feature you need urgently I could send you a beta license with this feature in it if you can private message me a proof of purchase and your Reason Studios username.

Hope that helps!
The feature I didn't know I needed, but then found out I wanted it! :thumbup:

bharris22

18 Feb 2021

Socram wrote:
18 Feb 2021
bharris22 wrote:
18 Feb 2021

Thanks!

Hope that helps!
That's very good news - thanks! I will purchase AutoLatch tomorrow, and PM you with the proof of purchase and my Reason Studios username.

Thanks again!!

bharris22

19 Feb 2021

PM sent :).

Socram
RE Developer

20 Feb 2021

bharris22 wrote:
19 Feb 2021
I've granted you a beta license with this feature and PMed you back with a working patch and steps on how to set it up yourself.

To anyone else interested, hoping to have it out in public in the next couple of weeks!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

Socram wrote:
20 Feb 2021
bharris22 wrote:
19 Feb 2021
I've granted you a beta license with this feature and PMed you back with a working patch and steps on how to set it up yourself.

To anyone else interested, hoping to have it out in public in the next couple of weeks!
Great :). Is it a point update or a paid update?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Socram
RE Developer

20 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Socram wrote:
20 Feb 2021

Absolutely a free update, I am personally not a fan of paid upgrades (barring the rare exceptions where a device is completely overhauled or some crazy feature added) so my current mindset is to never charge for an upgrade.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

Socram wrote:
20 Feb 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 Feb 2021

Absolutely a free update, I am personally not a fan of paid upgrades (barring the rare exceptions where a device is completely overhauled or some crazy feature added) so my current mindset is to never charge for an upgrade.
I actually suspected that. Thankyou. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information