Player Device Bundle in shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
08 Mar 2019

I think Pulsar, Audiomatic and Synchronous were all offered for free in the beginning, at least for those running the latest version of Reason. Exactly like Drum Sequencer! So I think Drum Sequencer is a pretty hot candidate to be included in later versions of Reason. I doubt this will be the case for QNG or Complex-1, though.
Yeah. Those three were free for a bit. Radical Piano was not. I bought it on the day they released it.
That said, it’s pretty old now so maybe that’s why it got chucked into Reason as a stock device.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

10 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
08 Mar 2019
challism wrote:
08 Mar 2019

Yeah, they have a track record of doing such things... one time for purchase REs, later included as stock devices. This is the list that I remember:
Pulsar
Audiomatic
Synchronous
Radical Pianos

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them add more Prop-brand REs to the stock devices. In fact, I would be surprised if they didn't.
I think Pulsar, Audiomatic and Synchronous were all offered for free in the beginning, at least for those running the latest version of Reason. Exactly like Drum Sequencer! So I think Drum Sequencer is a pretty hot candidate to be included in later versions of Reason. I doubt this will be the case for QNG or Complex-1, though.
That's a really good point. You are probably correct. I'm not going to hold my breath for QNG. When it is finally on sale for a crazy price, I'll definitely be buying it.

I think Radical Pianos was even free, at one time, given away with new Reason licenses (around Christmas 2014, IIRC). One thing to consider is Radical Pianos is a first generation RE (ie it's really old), so if we see any more REs added to Reason stock devices, which weren't given away as freebees, it will most likely be an older RE like Radical Keys, PX7, Rotor or Polar.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

esselfortium

10 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
08 Mar 2019
challism wrote:
08 Mar 2019

Yeah, they have a track record of doing such things... one time for purchase REs, later included as stock devices. This is the list that I remember:
Pulsar
Audiomatic
Synchronous
Radical Pianos

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them add more Prop-brand REs to the stock devices. In fact, I would be surprised if they didn't.
This is accurate. (Though if I'm not mistaken, I think Audiomatic has always been included with Reason since the early days of Rack Extensions, hasn't it?)

As for the one exception to that category, Radical Piano, it was released in 2012 and only became a part of Reason in 2017, five years later. If more preexisting Propellerhead REs become built-in devices in Reason 11, I'd expect them to probably be of a similar vintage.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

vas314

17 Feb 2021

It seems to me that ReasonStudios are trying to get us customers to pay more than the Player Device Bundle is worth. The item total is $262 yet they state the bundle is a deal at $300. It is an unethical. Then with their fake generosity they offer a false 50% off. That is not nice!!!

Player Device Bundle
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... ce-bundle/
Chord Detecting Player $19.00
Rhythm Player $69.00
Rhythm Sequencer $55.00
Kompulsion Player $35.00
Player Device $69.00
Strum Pattern Player $15.00
Total $262.00

Bundle is shown as $300.

Briefly, the bundle includes six players that total $262. The regular price for a bundle will sell for less than the total component price. So realistically the $262 bundle should sell for -24% or $199. When on a -50% sale it should sell for $99.50 and not the $300 at minus 50% = $149.

I already have the Reason Intro, Reason Rack Players Bundle and the LoopCracker Suite. I am a Reason fan that wants to buy the Player Device Bundle. I have sent three emails to Customer Service without any reply nor was the offer corrected. It still reads $300. I hope that they correct the promotion and then as an apology offer us Player fans the Player Device Bundle for $50 on a limited time offer. :D :thumbup:

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

IMG_2506.JPG
IMG_2506.JPG (235.58 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
The image clearly states $300 discounted to $149

The only one I don't have is Kompulsion

vas314

18 Feb 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
17 Feb 2021
^^ Reads $149 now.
It still reads
$300
$149

Briefly, the bundle includes six players that total $262. The regular price for a bundle will sell for less than the total component price. So realistically the $262 bundle should sell for -24% or $199. When on a -50% sale it should sell for $99.50 and not the $300 at minus 50% = $149.

phithegoldenratio

18 Feb 2021

I think, the 300 price was calculated at a time when Kompulsion did cost more than it does now. yes, Panda has dropped the price on a buch (if not all) of his REs, as well as putting some free from cost. what a guy <333

MannequinRaces

18 Feb 2021

vas314 wrote:
18 Feb 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
17 Feb 2021
^^ Reads $149 now.
It still reads
$300
$149

Maybe if the bundle was all from the same developer but in this case it isn’t. Either buy it or don’t at this price.

challism

18 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
The only one I don't have is Kompulsion
Kompulsion is amazing. You need to get it.

Have you seen Poohbear's videos on it?
Great stuff!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7520964

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7520977
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

zoidkirb

18 Feb 2021

Anyone contemplating this bundle should instead just grab Kompulsion and save themselves $115

vas314

18 Mar 2021

I wonder why after all these months they have not fixed the $300

Now Euclidean Rhythms is on sale for $29.00 $55.00.
So the total items currently of all the six plugins is $236 not the regular $262.
So why keep on showing that that the six plugins run over $300?

Yes Kompulsion looks very interesting! :thumbs_up:

tronam

19 Mar 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
18 Feb 2021
Anyone contemplating this bundle should instead just grab Kompulsion and save themselves $115
Hmm, now I'm curious. I must have missed Kompulsion when it was originally released. I have Korde now and they seem similar.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

zoidkirb

19 Mar 2021

tronam wrote:
19 Mar 2021
zoidkirb wrote:
18 Feb 2021
Hmm, now I'm curious. I must have missed Kompulsion when it was originally released. I have Korde now and they seem similar.
I have Korde too, got it for free actually.
They're pretty similar I guess, with Komplusion being more convenient as a Player, and can operate as a sequencer or a traditional arpeggio plus a bunch of extra esoteric hardware sequencer style features.

Still a great device now, but I'd say things like Polystep and Sequences cover a lot of the same ground in a slightly more modern way.

vas314

19 Mar 2021

^^^
Wow, Polystep Sequencer looks very interesting! Will buy on the next sale.
Whenever the Player Device Bundle issue is resolved I will get it as it includes Kompulsion and so end up with both Players. :D

bidaar

22 Mar 2021

the only one I miss from this is Euclidean hahaha which Im not sure when Im gonna buy cause right now Im thinking about Euclid .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

pushedbutton

22 Mar 2021

The ones I don't already have total £96 sold separately.
I got the other two through buying mainline releases.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information