Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
dimapet

17 Feb 2021

:thumbs_up: LOL

moneykube

17 Feb 2021

dimapet wrote:
17 Feb 2021
:thumbs_up: LOL
:clap: :lol: : well 17 views until censored.... a new record :exclamation:
michael.jaye... at least I tried to reply to your "statement"
Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 4.17.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 4.17.08 AM.png (451.7 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
get used to it :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

dimapet

17 Feb 2021

:lol: Ok!

EdwardKiy

17 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
16 Feb 2021
sprinkles__ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
blah blah blah
Buh bye!

Full disclosure: personal attacks, name calling, and crap like sprinkles just displayed are not welcome in this forum and will be banned without question. We don't have time for this. Just because people disagree with you or place counterarguments does not give one license to pull the sort of childish crap sprinkles just displayed.

Good grief.

Debate and argue with respect. For pete's sake, it's a FORUM. Not sprinkles-pity-party.
First of all I would suggest un-banning sprinkles. He has a temper, sure, but his greatest offense was calling Enoch stupid, which COULD be viewed as an offense had Enoch not made some very convincing and repeated arguments for it and then provoked sprinkles on top of that.

Secondly, I would suggest that Enoch relieves himself or be stripped of his mod privileges. Spams off-topic condescending memes, has been politely pointed to how he is wrong by at least 5 people in this thread alone, was asked repeatedly to stop a certain behaviour by users, mocks users, suggests something is a "new norm, so get used to it" based on nothing but his opinion - this lack of integrity is fine for a user, but not a mod.

Let me repeat sprinkles' question: if a glaring bug is found in the DAW outside the 365 warranty, you think Reason won't be fixing it? Moreover, you think they are NOT OBLIGED to fix it?

The answer is YES, they will and YES they are obliged to do so.

Here's actual facts: anything RS can write in their terms and conditions is a liability clog that has little-to-no legal power, as in court it is immediately overriden by customer protection legislature. SURPRISE! Not to RS, thankfully, because they then continue with

THIS:
5. LIABILITY, NON-WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION (Terms of service)
5.1 We endeavor to keep the Services available at all times and to correct errors and defects without unnecessary delay. However, Reason neither represents nor warrants that the Services will be continuous, uninterrupted or error-free or that any defects will be cor-rected. The Services is provided by Reason on an "as-is" and "as available" basis.

Because THIS:
6. DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS ( Terms of purchase)
6.1 Your order of Products is subject to mandatory consumer protection legislation. As such, you may (depending on the circumstances) have the right to return defective Products and request that such Products are repaired, replaced or refunded. You may also have right to terminate the purchase agreement, claim a price reduction and claim compensation for damages.

Now that we've established (I hope) that sprinkles has been correct from both a factual and a legal standpoint, I would like to get back to the "it's the new norm - get used to it" statement.

Under capitalism, (without which democracy cannot exist, just by the way) the buyer, and not the seller gets to decide what the "norm" is, because his money is a form of a vote on perceived value. That is the basis for any currency - fiat or non-fiat, wheat stocks, coal, dollars, gold or bitcoin. Please write this down or repeat this in your head until the information settles. THE BUYER DECIDES WHAT THE NORM IS. THE BUYER DECIDES WHAT THE NORM IS. THE BUYER DECIDES WHAT THE NORM IS.

To claim otherwise, means you are either

a) omnipresent deity, which somehow coalesces all buyers' opinions into singularity aka you are delusional and need urgent help before spiralling out of control
b) you remain uninformed while being informed aka you are stupid
c) you are actually informed but spread misinformation aka you are doing damage wilfully
d) you live under and propagate a communist regime aka you are on this forum illegally

As to Enoch's demand for "arguing respectfully"

Politeness may be a requirement as a rule of an establishment, but is not strictly necessary to dialogue, which is a form of searching for objective truths. Even if it is a requirement of this forum, Enoch has overstepped this about a hundred times in this thread alone making it no longer valid.
Respect is a different thing altogether, it has to be earned over time and be based on performance - no establishment or person can demand it. Example: Joeyluck has earned my respect for his integrity and so did Selig, despite how opposite we are in understanding certain things and how they might hate my guts.

BUH BYE

EdwardKiy

17 Feb 2021

ECHLN wrote:
17 Feb 2021

I have a friend that's even considering coming back to Reason because of Reason+. I think that most people here are out of touch with reality and don't realize that many people have actually been waiting for this, like myself.
Reason+ is good for new users, sure. To try for free for a month. As a model for daily use it makes no sense whatsoever, unless you are wealthy enough to not count monthly £20 for renting something as an expense. But if you are absolutely too short on dough and possibilities to purchase the full current license (like myself), RS gracefully allow you to buy a R10 license on this very forum for around a 100 euro/pounds from another user and then upgrade it to a current version later when you've accumulated another 125 or have absolutely outgrown version 10 functionality (haha). You pay LESS and end up OWNING stuff. Talk about reality.

bangaio

17 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
16 Feb 2021
sprinkles__ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Following this release history, if i bought each new version on release day, was support immediately cut off at day 366 between versions:

viewtopic.php?p=320600#p320600

No. I don't think so. So why the obscurantism? What's your game?
Obscurantism? Lmao - try again, man. My point was RS (Propellerhead then) has offered "only" 1 year - that's 12 months - of support for well over a decade for perpetual licenses. You're pretending that the introduction of Reason+ (offering support as long as you sub) compared to perpetual licenses only offering 12 months of support is a new thing or never existed. That's patently false, and the fact that people are making it a thing right now proves how laughably how out of touch people are with reality.

Fun fact sprinkles: you only got 12 months of support if you bought a Reason upgrade in the past, or a full version. It's been that way for over a decade.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120619185 ... greements/
4.No warranty. The Software is being delivered to you AS IS and Propellerhead Software makes no warranty other than that the Software shall conform to the specifications in the documentation during a warranty period of twelve month from delivery.
A contractual warranty is not the same thing as support in any way.

EnochLight

17 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
17 Feb 2021
First of all I would suggest un-banning sprinkles. He has a temper, sure, but his greatest offense was calling Enoch stupid, which COULD be viewed as an offense had Enoch not made some very convincing and repeated arguments for it and then provoked sprinkles on top of that.

Secondly, I would suggest that Enoch relieves himself or be stripped of his mod privileges.
Couldn't care less what you think EdwardKiy. I'm not here to make friends or give you warm hugs - if you don't like things, there's plenty of other forums on the Internet. Rules clearly state no name calling; I made the call. We're all for spirited debates, but that's all they should remain. Period. I'll even give your thinly veiled ad hominem a pass. :thumbup:

Next!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

Wow this one took off again. Features / Pricing / deals / discount and economics......

any one see this :-

I get that people cost money and good people cost more but if RS gets the traction they are after with subscription then doesn't that allow them to recover costs and stabilise turn over and possibly make some of the improvements we've all been screaming for?

Most of us wait for a deal or some kind of discount some of us are buying Reason from 3rd party vendors at a discount so they either raise prices or find another revenue stream hence the subscription which I personally think devalues their Rack Extensions as they are included.

As a long term owner who has spent a reasonable sum of cash over the years it definitely grates that someone can spend £20 and get it all, but and the end of the month they really do have to make a choice and if we take James at face value then maybe we are going to see improvements to keep those who subscribe coming back.

I definitely think this year is going to be a different year with Reason I just hope that they don't forget about us oldies who like to buy are kit.

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Under capitalism, (without which democracy cannot exist, just by the way) the buyer, and not the seller gets to decide what the "norm" is, because his money is a form of a vote on perceived value. That is the basis for any currency - fiat or non-fiat, wheat stocks, coal, dollars, gold or bitcoin. Please write this down or repeat this in your head until the information settles. THE BUYER DECIDES WHAT THE NORM IS. THE BUYER DECIDES WHAT THE NORM IS. THE BUYER DECIDES WHAT THE NORM IS.
That's not true even in ideal world/economy. The norm forms in the legal field as a compromise between the interests of buyers and sellers. Buyers can't force sellers to give away their products free of charge, so there are limits. In real world, the buyers don't really decide anything as they are a dispersed entity.

And on democracy, it has nothing to do with capitalism. You must be talking about one sort of it, the liberal one. The holders of that franchise claim that people can't equally participate in political decisions unless given a certain "universal" rights bundle, which is part of that democratic franchise they sell. In fact, people there can only choose between a couple of offers on the political market that's already bought by high finance. You can't beat that with "votes" you got in your pocket. Not much of a difference from communism where a single party monopolizes the market.

ECHLN

17 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
17 Feb 2021
ECHLN wrote:
17 Feb 2021

I have a friend that's even considering coming back to Reason because of Reason+. I think that most people here are out of touch with reality and don't realize that many people have actually been waiting for this, like myself.
Reason+ is good for new users, sure. To try for free for a month. As a model for daily use it makes no sense whatsoever, unless you are wealthy enough to not count monthly £20 for renting something as an expense. But if you are absolutely too short on dough and possibilities to purchase the full current license (like myself), RS gracefully allow you to buy a R10 license on this very forum for around a 100 euro/pounds from another user and then upgrade it to a current version later when you've accumulated another 125 or have absolutely outgrown version 10 functionality (haha). You pay LESS and end up OWNING stuff. Talk about reality.
It makes more financial sense to pay a small fee per month than a larger sum that I honestly can't afford to take out at one go and also always have to latest version of Reason and its RE's is very appealing to me

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

Ahh capitalist democracy vs communist society. I've lived in a democracy all my life and never got what I voted for!

Sometimes I wonder what it might be like if all my choices were removed and I just got what everybody else got......

What the hell does this have to do with Reason?

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
This is an allegory of relations between customers and the company.

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
This is an allegory of relations between customers and the company.
The relationship is a fairly simple one, they want our cash and will try anything to get it even if it's only a few bucks a month.

I do have a question relating to the subscription though, don't know if anyone can answer but.

Do you have to actually do anything for a renewal or is it automatic?

EnochLight

17 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
I do have a question relating to the subscription though, don't know if anyone can answer but.

It's automatic, assuming you keep your credit card on file up-to-date.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021

It's automatic, assuming you keep your credit card on file up-to-date.
Thanks for that, I was hoping that you actually had to authorise it each month but I guess it makes more sense to be automatic.

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Ahh capitalist democracy vs communist society. I've lived in a democracy all my life and never got what I voted for!

Well we have ...

Authorizer
Record (tracking our every move)
Polar (to polarize us)
Pulverizer (to keep the dissidents in check)

... ... all we need now is a General or a Dictator and we're good to go ;)

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

avasopht wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021

Well we have ...

Authorizer
Record (tracking our every move)
Polar (to polarize us)
Pulverizer (to keep the dissidents in check)

... ... all we need now is a General or a Dictator and we're good to go ;)
:clap:

bxbrkrz

17 Feb 2021

How many people still have new questions regarding R+?
Reaching 100 pages is slowing down.
Again.
My entertainment is not amused.
Keep it up!
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

EdwardKiy

17 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021

The norm forms in the legal field as a compromise between the interests of buyers and sellers. Buyers can't force sellers to give away their products free of charge, so there are limits. In real world, the buyers don't really decide anything as they are a dispersed entity.
Of course there is a compromise on the terms of sale. A single buyer has a lot of tools to keep a seller in check. Supply and demand is pretty straightforward. A dispersed entity is when something has many owners. Sorry I'm not following, please explain what you meant.
orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021
And on democracy, it has nothing to do with capitalism.
They are not interdependent, but there couldn't have been democracy without capitalism. Democracy is expandable, it's just that the democracy+capitalism combo turned out to be the most efficient system we ever produced for both an individual and humanity as a whole. Caput is latin for "head" or "leader", it's a hierarchy of competence, not of majorities or accumulated wealth.

I really don't want to talk politics.

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
17 Feb 2021
orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021

The norm forms in the legal field as a compromise between the interests of buyers and sellers. Buyers can't force sellers to give away their products free of charge, so there are limits. In real world, the buyers don't really decide anything as they are a dispersed entity.
Of course there is a compromise on the terms of sale. A single buyer has a lot of tools to keep a seller in check. Supply and demand is pretty straightforward. A dispersed entity is when something has many owners. Sorry I'm not following, please explain what you meant.
I mean the buyers are not a side capable of making collective decisions, less so than the sellers, and they can be easily manipulated. Enterprise and initiative rule, not money. So the development may go not towards the demand, but some other way favorable for businesses.

Faastwalker

17 Feb 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Will it blend?! I don't know!

I think all possible questions must have been explored by now, surely!

bxbrkrz

17 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
17 Feb 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Will it blend?! I don't know!

I think all possible questions must have been explored by now, surely!
Feels like it. Was worried at first like all of us, Suite 11 Creatures. Now I've learned to enjoy life, day by day, in my digital Bayou :puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

EdwardKiy

18 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021

I mean the buyers are not a side capable of making collective decisions, less so than the sellers, and they can be easily manipulated. Enterprise and initiative rule, not money. So the development may go not towards the demand, but some other way favorable for businesses.
The development can go wherever the company pleases to take it, but if it’s perceived as “the wrong way” by a competent entity, private or legal, it can be easily punished. An individual can play stocks to his advantage to punish the establishment for mistakes - that’s just one tool. I’ll go with the textbook example of Soros sending the national bank of great britain back to school in ‘92. Competence over votes, money and even political power.

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
18 Feb 2021
The development can go wherever the company pleases to take it, but if it’s perceived as “the wrong way” by a competent entity, private or legal, it can be easily punished. An individual can play stocks to his advantage to punish the establishment for mistakes - that’s just one tool. I’ll go with the textbook example of Soros sending the national bank of great britain back to school in ‘92. Competence over votes, money and even political power.
No doubt, (financial) terrorism may cause some damage, but we're never gonna bend to them, even if they call themselves 'competent' :-). They better show some constructive initiative and make something "the right way" instead of breaking things in hope of coercing others.

EdwardKiy

19 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
18 Feb 2021

No doubt, (financial) terrorism may cause some damage, but we're never gonna bend to them, even if they call themselves 'competent' :-). They better show some constructive initiative and make something "the right way" instead of breaking things in hope of coercing others.
Competency is how closer your information is to reality than your opponent's and how well you can apply that information - that's just a function of intelligence. That's all it is.

BANK OF ENGLAND: our currency is worth this much
TRADER: not even close, try again
BANK: excuse you? it IS worth this much, it's backed by our people and our economy
TRADER: well then you lied to your people. Take it out, last warning.
BANK: you can try your worst, little trader
TRADER: does his average
BANK OF ENGLAND: leaves the building in one shoe.

When both sides can do it, and not just governments and corporations, it's called FREE MARKET, not "terrorism". That's what any "movement" on the market is - an inquiry into how much the ever-elusive current actual value correlates to perceived value.

You're allowed to stop an offender in your own house. It doesn't make you a terrorist. You're a coward and a weakling if you don't. Maybe more people should get into your house if it's just free stuff. Take a look at the whole passive-defeatist attitude displayed in the last few posts... "communism is not much different than the two fake options of democracy", and calling economically punishing the wrongdoers strictly within a correction by the market "terrorism"... This is just not a healthy outlook. It's not sustainable. Most of all, because it's not true - you can change the "available options of democracy" for the others if you don't like them so much. It's a hell of a job, but it's more than possible. There's people doing it. Just make sure you have something much better to put in place. Or DON'T do it if you're not that competitive, and just enjoy life - the society is built to accommodate that. But recognize that the tools are there for anyone to do anything and that being competitive is not a sin or a vice, but a definition of humanity, a biological trait in so much that we wiped out all competition and now it's intra-species. Better that we contain and express it in our economies.

• Information