Reason bug since many versions ago

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kooshan

17 Feb 2021

That is related to self containing . If you self contain samples included in Refills then suddenly browsing patches and samples begin to take much more time than before self containing (if you unselfcontain , everything reverts back to normal) . This does not happen when self containing samples outside refills.

Seems no one is interested in having this fixed or even noticing this .

DecafDreams

17 Feb 2021

kooshan wrote:
17 Feb 2021
That is related to self containing . If you self contain samples included in Refills then suddenly browsing patches and samples begin to take much more time than before self containing (if you unselfcontain , everything reverts back to normal) . This does not happen when self containing samples outside refills.

Seems no one is interested in having this fixed or even noticing this .
I thought you could only self-contain non-ReFill samples, otherwise you're embedding content into a song that breaks the licensing of the ReFill?

kooshan

17 Feb 2021

Yes, but you only could unselfcontain the samples when the original refill is present and there is no way you could copy the patch to another song . So i believe no licensing is broken here.
Other than this the bug is really annoying .

DecafDreams

17 Feb 2021

kooshan wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Yes, but you only could unselfcontain the samples when the original refill is present and there is no way you could copy the patch to another song . So i believe no licensing is broken here.
Perhaps it's a deliberate slowdown to encourage you to buy the ReFills that are in the shared song?

I can't imagine this getting fixed as a high priority to be honest as I don't think many people use Reason like this, certainly not any more. If you're regularly working on songs with samples embedded like this, which you don't actually own the license to use, perhaps it makes more sense to get the stems bounced at source or, as per the above; procure the ReFills the song uses for your system.
Last edited by DecafDreams on 17 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

kooshan

17 Feb 2021

DecafDreams wrote:
17 Feb 2021
kooshan wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Perhaps it's a deliberate slowdown to encourage you to buy the ReFills that are in the shared song?

I can't imagine this getting fixed as a high priority to be honest as I don't think many people use Reason like this, certainly not any more. If you're regularly working on songs with samples embedded like this, which you don't actuslly own the license to use, perhaps it makes more sense to get the stems bounced at source or, as per the above; procure the ReFills the song uses for your system.

Well that’s not really the point .actually I own the refills . Self containing samples used in the refill is for the sole reason of transfering your song to another system of which the refill is not present and thats what i often do .Also bouncing is not a good idea because it’s about instruments which have multisamples .so when bouncing you lose the ability to modify the part.
But I understand the priority here . Also reasonstudios is not the sort of company who listens to the customers.

DecafDreams

17 Feb 2021

kooshan wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Also reasonstudios is not the sort of company who listens to the customers.
I think they do listen, sometimes. They're not as bad as the current conspiracy theorists say. Reason is a wonderful piece of software, but R11 does have some bad bugs in it that really need fixing as a priority; especially as a show of good faith to their customers before RS continue to push new product on us.

What I would suggest doing is sign up for the beta program and at least then. once you're let into it, you have a means of logging bugs directly with the Reason developers. I have found from personal experience that trying to log bugs through the standard customer support system is usually a waste of time.

• Information