Taking Reason+ for a test drive!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gbuck

17 Feb 2021

Okay so I sign up, download companion, read directions. Disable Codemeter service and start Reason 11. But Codemeter starts back up and R11 stable channel loads. So I haven't tried R+. Do I really have to uninstall WIBU, then reinstall it if I want to go back stable to work on any one of 600+ songs I have saved in R11. I was suddenly wary of losing access. Been searching for answers and figured I'd try here. I can't remember if any other programs use that codemeter service. Is there another way? I feel like a character in one of those puzzles trying to reach the air hose! Thanks

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2021

I just signed up for Plus and downloaded companion.

That's all I did and everything works as expected.

Not sure about all those extra steps
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

gbuck

17 Feb 2021

deeplink wrote:
17 Feb 2021
I just signed up for Plus and downloaded companion.

That's all I did and everything works as expected.

Not sure about all those extra steps
Did you have R11 suite stable channel installed? And is Reason+ subscription listed in the 'About Reason' screen in the help menu?

QVprod

17 Feb 2021

Try deleting Suite. You should be able to download the regular (non suite) version of Reason 11

gbuck

17 Feb 2021

QVprod wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Try deleting Suite. You should be able to download the regular (non suite) version of Reason 11
Delete Suite! You must be joking!

And yes I read all the instructions.

I still have R10 installed and R11S.
Waiting to hear back from Reason support...
I'll let you know what they say as long as it is not a secret.

joeyluck

17 Feb 2021

Hey so what specific issue are you encountering? Do you not have access to Companion?

Reason+ is a service, not a version of Reason, so you will still be launching R11.

Do you have the latest version of Reason installed? Under "Manage Reason" in Companion, do you see a check mark next to a version of Reason (such as 11.3.8)?

I know you said you stopped Codemeter and it started again, but I'm trying to figure out if it's actually causing you an issue...

gbuck

17 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Okay so I sign up, download companion, read directions. Disable Codemeter service and start Reason 11. But Codemeter starts back up and R11 stable channel loads. So I haven't tried R+. Do I really have to uninstall WIBU, then reinstall it if I want to go back stable to work on any one of 600+ songs I have saved in R11. I was suddenly wary of losing access. Been searching for answers and figured I'd try here. I can't remember if any other programs use that codemeter service. Is there another way? I feel like a character in one of those puzzles trying to reach the air hose! Thanks
Sorry it wasn't more clear.
Now I'm just waiting to hear from the support ticket.
Thanks everyone

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Hi there. You simply need to disable CodeMeter so that Reason can reach our servers to validate subscription status on login (otherwise the license on your computer is validated before an online one). Nothing will happen to your song files or anything like that. As Joey said, Reason+ is not a separate version of Reason, just a service layer. If you have Reason > 11.3.7 and disabled CodeMeter, everything should work as expected. If you choose not to go with R+, you can simply enable codemeter again and everything should revert without you have to do anything.

Let me know if you have received help from us already on this.

gbuck

17 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
17 Feb 2021
gbuck wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Hi there. You simply need to disable CodeMeter so that Reason can reach our servers to validate subscription status on login (otherwise the license on your computer is validated before an online one). Nothing will happen to your song files or anything like that. As Joey said, Reason+ is not a separate version of Reason, just a service layer. If you have Reason > 11.3.7 and disabled CodeMeter, everything should work as expected. If you choose not to go with R+, you can simply enable codemeter again and everything should revert without you have to do anything.

Let me know if you have received help from us already on this.
Thanks James,
I stopped the service and run R11 and the codemeter starts back up and loads the stable version.
I disable the service and run R11 and the codemeter starts back up and loads the stable version.
It is automatically reloading codemeter.
I'm not sure about uninstalling codemeter and the potential consequences?

gbuck

17 Feb 2021

I'm running version 11.3.8d1 (Stable channel)

gbuck

17 Feb 2021

It looks like it's gonna be one or the other! :|

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

You can always download code meter again from here :- https://www.reasonstudios.com/download-codemeter
And authorizer from here :- https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... r-Download

But you should be able to just stop it?
IMG_2508.JPG
IMG_2508.JPG (131.41 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
IMG_2509.JPG
IMG_2509.JPG (169.19 KiB) Viewed 1641 times

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
You can always download code meter again from here :- https://www.reasonstudios.com/download-codemeter
And authorizer from here :- https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... r-Download
I am not sure if the computer license survives the re-installation of codemeter, so I would deauthorize the computer first from the account page.

gbuck

17 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
I am not sure if the computer license survives the re-installation of codemeter, so I would deauthorize the computer first from the account page.
So definitely not worth the trouble to try out R+ !
I'll just stick with green grass of this side.
Thanks again...

QVprod

17 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
17 Feb 2021
QVprod wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Delete Suite! You must be joking!

And yes I read all the instructions.

I still have R10 installed and R11S.
Waiting to hear back from Reason support...
I'll let you know what they say as long as it is not a secret.
Everything got answered, but to be clear, you don't lose any of your RE's when doing so. It was a solution during the beta. Good to know there's a different solution now.

Billy+

17 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Very good point, almost certainly worth doing just in case!

gbuck

22 Feb 2021

So, to wrap this up after hearing back from the support ticket, I've decided that R+ is not worth the trouble since I already have R11 Suite with most of the RE's (and the vst's are back). I'll patiently wait to see if or when the next update and/or upgrade comes out. I purchased Harrison Mixbus 6 and it is an excellent mixing environment. That and 8 other Daw's cover most everything I need.

challism

22 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
22 Feb 2021
I purchased Harrison Mixbus 6 and it is an excellent mixing environment. That and 8 other Daw's cover most everything I need.
MOST EVERYTHING.... ha ha ha... I'm dying! You have got some pretty big needs, my friend.

I'm just curios; what needs are 8 other DAWs and Harrison Mixbux not covering?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

gbuck

22 Feb 2021

challism wrote:
22 Feb 2021
gbuck wrote:
22 Feb 2021
I purchased Harrison Mixbus 6 and it is an excellent mixing environment. That and 8 other Daw's cover most everything I need.
MOST EVERYTHING.... ha ha ha... I'm dying! You have got some pretty big needs, my friend.

I'm just curios; what needs are 8 other DAWs and Harrison Mixbux not covering?
My Reason 'fix' and the need for it to cover everything by itself! :lol:

• Information